Are You A Survivor?! (Crits! Ammo Explosions!)

Mechtactical

8 replies to this topic

#1 xThrottle Geek

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

This video gives a basic primer on how the Critical Strikes system works in the game and explains how you can use this knowledge to increase your survivability! It covers critical slots and chances and how ammo explosions work and how you can mitigate their effects. I hope you like the video! If so, please SUBSCRIBE & SHARE and of course LIKES are always appreciated. Thanks!

#2 xThrottle Geek

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

Did you guys generally find this info useful? Or did you already know this stuff for the most part? If so, did you read it on the forums? Is there anything you would have liked me to cover differently or in addition to this? Thanks for the info.

#3 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

well there was a fourum guide that never got pinned that was a while ago though

#4 xThrottle Geek

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

Yes, most of the info in the video is via forum posts mixed with some of my own insights. I just wanted to do it in video format.

#5 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

View PostxThrottle Geek, on 03 September 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

Yes, most of the info in the video is via forum posts mixed with some of my own insights. I just wanted to do it in video format.

First of, thanks for taking the time to make MW:O Guide videos. Now...

For the sake of organized intel, could you make one Topic named something like "Video Guides for MW:O" and post all your videos in there instead of making a thread each time you have a video to share?

Just a thought.

#6 xThrottle Geek

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:43 AM

Hi Flipover! Thanks for watching and the input! I do have a single Thread dedicated to Mechtactical videos over on the No Guts No Galaxy website (http://nogutsnogalaxy.net/) where I post ALL the vids in a single thread. Also, you can follow the Mechtactical playlist on YouTube itself as well. I prefer to post single threads here as I feel the videos get seen by more people, especially newer folks. I want to try to stay as visible as possible. Notice, though that I also place the Mechtactical tag before each video. If you are trying to watch in order, I highly suggest viewing the playlist in YouTube. Go to my channel (xThrottleGeek) and under my name next to Home & Videos you will see Playlists. Click that and then click Mechtactical. They are all right there in order. Thanks again!

#7 Garandos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 196 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

While not bad, i would consider, to explain the system of internal Structures health before you go into detail about crit hits,
because, at the beginning you explain "the whole section takes damage AND on a critical hit components get damaged"

Which is in itself right, but you start explaining that each section has Health of his own, later down in the video, so maybe resorting that info, would have been more easy to
understand?

#8 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Throttle Geek:

I really don't think it is a good idea but you have your reasons.

To me it seems that posting lots of videos in independent threads to help the new people, will only make it harder for them to find all the videos, as opposed to all the videos in a single thread.

That's why I suggested the creation of a single thread.

I'm out, keep up the good work.

#9 xThrottle Geek

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostGarandos, on 03 September 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:

While not bad, i would consider, to explain the system of internal Structures health before you go into detail about crit hits,
because, at the beginning you explain "the whole section takes damage AND on a critical hit components get damaged"

Which is in itself right, but you start explaining that each section has Health of his own, later down in the video, so maybe resorting that info, would have been more easy to
understand?

I'm a big proponent of the "KISS" principle as well as "Start at the beginning". You are right, I should have explained how the two have "different" health to make it more concise and clear that one is seperate from the other. Thanks for the heads up! Oh, and thanks for watching!

View PostFlipOver, on 03 September 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

Throttle Geek:

I really don't think it is a good idea but you have your reasons.

To me it seems that posting lots of videos in independent threads to help the new people, will only make it harder for them to find all the videos, as opposed to all the videos in a single thread.

That's why I suggested the creation of a single thread.

I'm out, keep up the good work.

FlipOver: I think I will reconsider. I want to stay more visible, because I feel like people respond when they see me asking a question (that I don't answer in the thread title) BUT I do want to remain easily found by those who want to continue to watch. HRmmm... ok. I'm convinced. :) Thanks! (dont wanna lose people who cant find me again)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users