Hiring Hall

2580 replies to this topic

#1661 Skythe

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

Found a group.

Edited by Skythe, 03 February 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#1662 Doubtful Danary

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

Name: Montavious

Callsign: Montavious
Timezone: EST
House/Faction: Whatever
Playstyle:
Roletype:Brawler/Scout
Preferred Weight: Medium/Light
Experience: Playing on/off since beta

Just looking for an active and casual clan. Any questions just ask.

#1663 Doc0r

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

Name: Doc0r

Callsign: Doc
Timezone: CET gmt+1
House/Faction: No preferences
Playstyle: Teamplayer/Protect
Roletype:Long Range
Preferred Weight: Medium/Heavy
Experience: Playing since Beta ... had some months of break ... got many many books from Battlemech when i was a child :)

#1664 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:22 AM

Not the place for this kind of post. Please remove.

#1665 Sparadicus

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

Callsign: Sparadicus
Timezone: UTC -6:00 (US Central)
House/Faction: None (prefer short term CW contracts only as I use and like both IS and Clan Mechs)
Playstyle: Dependent on Mech… see below
Roletype: Med. – Scouting and Hvy / Assault support; Hvys – Assault support, brawling, mid-range
Weight/Class: Medium and Heavy (Cicada, Jagermech, Stormcrow, Timberwolf)
Experience: Every Mechwarrior game that I am aware of… PC and miniatures.

I started MWO during the closed beta, but quit for several years when it appeared to me that it was likely going to be a pay to compete game. I started playing again ~ 9 months ago and am hooked.

I have played hundreds of solo PUG games and currently have an average of just under 1000 exp. per match (the vast majority of this is without premium bonuses). This is also a little deflated due to a very steep initial learning curve (until I found the right Mechs and load outs). Currently I finish most of my matches in the top half in terms of damage dealt (frequently at the top or in the top two or three).

I am looking for a mature, casual group without hard (or soft) participation requirements (although I do play a lot… ask my wife). Lastly, while I play hard to win, the outcome of a match does not affect my life; and I never berate or blame team mates (although I do occasionally yell at my monitor… again, ask my wife). The group for me would be one that feels the same, and also one that is not heavily into Mechwarrior lore. Thanks!

Thank you to all who contacted me about your unit / clan. I have found several which I believe could be a good fit, so will be seeking admittance to one of those. Your interest and communication was greatly appreciated.

Edited by Sparadicus, 12 February 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#1666 Kane Wrath

• PipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

Callsign: Wrath
House/faction: Clan Ghost Bear or pretty much anyone except Liao and Steiner
Playstyle: whatever you need me to be but currently all i own is a mad dog so right now LRM boat-ish
Roletype: Multi-purpuse
Weight/Class: Heavy/Medium
Experience: I've play MechWarrior 4 and its expansion(as well as MechCommander 2 but i doubt that means much) only downside is it's been years so i'm basically starting all over again in terms of skill.

It's my 7th(hm seems my forum profile wasn't informed) day so far and i gotta say its rough out there, but hey peace isn't cheap!!!

Edited by Kane Wrath, 08 February 2015 - 02:15 AM.

#1667 The Prime Minister

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUsually deactivated

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:22 AM

Greetings comrades!

Name: Joseph Djugashvilli

Callsign: What do you think? (Hint: 20th century political figure)
Timezone: GMT+2 (So... when it's evening in Europe and I can play, America is sound asleep)
House/Faction: I mostly prefer Clans (because I already have 2 mastered TBRs)
Playstyle: Heavy brawler / Heavy LRM support / Medium skirmisher.
Roletype: Willing to play / learn most roles (except lights... I know they're good, but they give me a headache)
Preferred Weight: Fast heavies, Mediums, Occasionally assaults (got a DDC that's getting all dusty and rusty)
Experience:I've played Online PVP games since I was in my teens. While never going the next step to take it to competitive levels, I've always managed to learn any game well enough to carry my weight and occasionally a few extra pounds here or there.

What I'm looking for: A unit in Europe that likes to play Clans but I'm OK with playing IS from time to time too. I'm actually hoping to find one with plenty of adults. I'm 27, I don't have all that much time to play, but I like to play a couple of matches in the evening and week-ends. With the whole Community Warfare thing, I find dropping solo in the queue to be an exercise in patience, only to get roflstomped when put against an organized team. It's a joy-sucking experience that I wish to avoid in the future (Not the getting stomped part, that's part of life, but the whole waiting 10 minutes for a game).
Basically, I'm hoping to find a group of likeminded individuals, that like to wind down in the evenings blowing mechanical bodyparts off while not taking this too serious but like to play as an organized group and have fun drops.
If I fit your criteria, drop me a PM.
See you on the battlefield!
EDIT:Some formattining

I want to thank everyone who has sent me PMs regarding joining their unit. I'll suspend this searching post for the time being as I first want to get to know the units who have already invited me & if everything works out, I might not need it anymore :).
I wish you all balanced, challenging matches & as few bugs as possible :).

Edited by Joseph Djugashvilli, 12 February 2015 - 05:23 AM.

#1668 Garnathor

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

Name: Garnathor
Callsign: Garn
Timezone: GMT-5:00
House/Faction: Smoke Jaguar (willing to change)
Playstyle: Medium-Long Range combat (ER Lasers are my friend)
Roletype: Sniper, Medium range brawler
Preferred Weight: Heavy (Usually run a Timber Wolf) or beefy medium
Experience: A good bit of experience with Mech Commander 2, Living Legends, and Tabletop. I am not the best player, but I have been getting better recently.

Addendum: Looking for a fairly casual group to play with. Enjoy playing Pick-up games rather than firm schedule matches. I am not the greatest player, nor do I want to be. I just want to have some fun.

Addendum 2: Enjoy Clan much more than IS.

Addendum 3: I am also in the market for some pick-up Megamek or other strategy game

EDIT

I have found a home for now with the Sea Wolves thanks to all of you who have sent an invite.

Edited by Garnathor, 16 February 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#1669 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

Name: Dan "Rio" Pack
Callsign: Darthriordan
Timezone: GMT+08
House/Faction: Mercenary/Any
Playstyle: Lone wolf + Support, whatever is needed
Roletype: N/A
Preferred Weight: Anything but light
Experience: Solo and small group only

I am looking for a group who will understand that as a Stay-at-home Dad I don't have a lot of time to game. However, I would like to meet people who are willing to take a terrible player like myself on (k/d of .37). I know it is a long shot since I can't dedicate a lot of time to it but let me know if you are interested.
Oh and I am strictly IS right now.

Edited by Darthriordan, 15 February 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#1670 ZephyrFox

Rookie

• The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 2 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

Thanks everyone! I've got a few invites and I'm working through them now.

Name: Tony
Callsign: ZephyrFox
Timezone: CST (GMT -0600)
House/Faction: Currently Kurita but flexible
Playstyle: Flexible
Roletype: Flexible
Preferred Weight: Flexible
Experience: In MWO, about a month. Outside of that, in the BattleTech world- tabletop since 2nd edition, both Crescent Hawks, BattleTech Center in Chicago (as Fox; both VR and Firestorm), MW1, MW2, MW3, MW4, MC1, MC2, MegaMek, Living Legends, MW:Tactics. I've played a couple other games competitively- Tribes 2/V/A. I also beat Battletoads once.

Hi there. 38 yo, SWM here. I'm looking for something casual to begin with but I'm open to something more serious later. I'm new to the scene so I don't have much experience yet. I'm hoping you and your friends can help with that.

More seriously though, I've only been playing a month. I'm getting frustrated with pubs. Regular pubs are hit or miss. First mission, everyone groups and focuses on one enemy at a time. 12-2. Next mission, 1 disconnect, half the assault lance YOLOs straight at the enemy, a coked up Locust is running around MGing full armor heavies, and a newbie has accidentally loaded AC ammo instead of UAC ammo. Solo queue FW is almost always against teams and inevitably a stomp. It's time for me to be the stomper instead of the stomped.

I try to get the win bonus for each Mech I have, so I'm usually on each day for at least an hour. I have a flexible schedule so I have most nights free and also some daytime availability. That being said, with my job, there may be some weeks where I have very limited availability. Not often, but it does happen.

I'd like to play a variety of roles to see what I enjoy the most and what I'm good at. In the past, I played more of a brawler style, with a mobile heavy Mech, but this game plays quite differently. I'm not really tied to any House or Clan. I'd eventually like to go through each to claim all the loyalty rewards.

Edited by ZephyrFox, 16 February 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#1671 TheMightyBoolean

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:32 AM

Name: Jonathan

Callsign: TheMightyBoolean
Timezone: Pacific
Faction: i prefer GB or Davion but w/e
Playstyle: in the back, or fast and in your face
Roletype: artillery, support, intel.
Preferred weight: I've been trying to keep it around 180lbs, but its tough.....I mean medium/heavy.
Experience: some MW4, used to play a lot of Chromehounds when the servers were still up (MW needs to have piledriver weapons too), MechAssault 1&2, a bit of MechCommander2,

Looking for a new player friendly group, thank you kindly.

#1672 SlicerShanks

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWest Coast

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

Name: The Slicerer

Callsign: Slicer
Timezone: Pacific Coast Time (LA area)
House/Faction: Open at the moment though I have always been more inclined towards the Clans
Playstyle: What can I say, I'm a jack of all trades, just depends on what weapons I have
Roletype: Again, jack of all trades, I lean towards hammering with lasers and direct fire weapons though I have grown a liking towards the LBX (comes in really handy in brawls, and has suprisingly good range)
Preferred Weight: Medium to Heavy mechs.
Experience: MW3, MW4 Veng, MW4 Mercs, MWLL with the most time spent in Veng, I think about 3-4 years. White Pine Pizza Clan veteran

My time is limited at the moment, I've just started school full schedule and on top of that I'm working part time as well. I'm basically a weekend warrior at the moment, Saturdays are my days where I'm most free, but I also have a social life as well.

I love Battletech. I like working with a good team. I'm kinda tired of the PuG matches where there is no coordination. I like to have a sense of direction and clear orders. I also like people who are semi-serious in matches as a result, but not too serious they start thinking their lives revolve around the game like a dropship hovers around a planet.

I am currently awaiting a reply from a potential offer.

Thanks to all who replied!

Edited by SlicerShanks, 19 February 2015 - 10:16 PM.

#1673 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

Name: Andrew

Callsign: Monk
Timezone: MST (UTC-07:00) But I usually play late night
House/Faction: IS, currently Merc
Playstyle: Any
Roletype: Any
Preferred Weight: Any
Experience: ~4000 MWO drops. Been playing seriously since we left beta. Been playing PC games for over 20 years.

Me and a friend or two are looking for a group to play with. We prefer casual group play, but we're up for CW or whatnot. We're older and most of us are married with kids, so we don't have the time to commit to things like practices. We love making use of communication and teamwork so that's really what we're looking for. Looking for a more mature group that plays late at night for us (roughly 10PM to 2AM MST). Thanks in advance for any offers.

#1674 uzsibox

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

Callsign: uzsibox
Timezone: GMT+1
House/Faction: Merc
Playstyle: no ***** gaming
Roletype: Brawler/Fire Support
Preferred Weight: Heavy (CTF mastery), LIght
Experience: Started around a week ago, was competitive dota,sc2,bw, lol player lol.

I'm mostly a casual looking for an EU outfit (GMT+1), preferbly with no loyalty to any faction. I have both Teamspeak and Skype, prefer TS. I only started ~ week ago.
Currently I own 4 ctfs, a jenner and a thunderbolt, looking to master jenner and maddogs in the future.

Send me a pm here or add ingame if u feel like you want me.

I'm 21.

Edit: I've got 2 offers currently considering them, please don't send any offers as long as I don't modify this post. Thank you!

Edited by uzsibox, 19 February 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#1675 Malke

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

Name: Malke

Callsign: Preferably Malke.

Timezone: GMT-5 East Coast!

House/Faction: No preference though I am currently contracted out to House Marik.

Playstyle: No real preference yet, this might be because I have not farmed enough to be able to afford one of the bigger mechs. I am rather fond of the heavier trial mechs though.

Roletype: Frontline figher/Scout/all around badass.

Preferred Weight: No preference.

Experience: I played MWO a long time ago, and again recently. I really do enjoy the game, I just have never really found others to play it with. I would love to find a decent group. The timezone does not really matter, I am a college student with very strange hours. As for my mechs I have a bunch of random ones, though I mostly seem to stay around the light variants. I think the heaviest I own is one of the Hunchbacks. I also was given one of the fancy Centurions for some reason. I might have mostly light variants because of the cost of chassis though. I have been looking to maybe invest in some MC for something bigger, or one of the clan mechs, but I have no idea what to buy. I am willing to fill pretty much any spot you guys might need. And I love playing as a support based character. At any rate, I am interested in learning more about the game and really getting good at it. I feel I already do pretty well for my basic knowledge. At any rate pm me!

Edit: I have received a lot of pms. I am reviewing them and I will pm those of you who I believe to be the most likely candidate. This does not mean that I am done looking around, please keep sending me pms.

Edited by Malke, 19 February 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#1676 Death666

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:22 AM

well i was looking for a place but after another single ppc(and yes i can see he is only carrying one) takes out 22 armor plus internal....TOO MANY hackers

Edited by Death666, 23 February 2015 - 05:51 AM.

#1677 TacoTurtle

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

Name: Taco
Callsign: TacoTurtle
Timezone:Central Time Zone
House/Faction: doesnt matter
Playstyle: fringe but like coordinated efforts
Roletype: what helps my team win while still getting better.
Preferred Weight: Doesnt matter but ive liked fast and mids with faster engines
Experience: MW (original online), MWO (new to it), Call of Duty 4 (played competitive on Team Warefare and Cal), Cod 2, Battle Field 2(commanded tournament style 100 player armies), Battle Field 4

Looking for competition with group. Mainly team oriented coordinated type matches and late night pugging for fun. Silly to serious in nature. I dont want to be in a freaky group of people that think this is the military but serious enough to want to win and still not take it so serious they freak out.
I like the whole back ground of mechs and stuff but not so serious about it as some.

Edited by TacoTurtle, 21 February 2015 - 01:31 AM.

#1678 Rev3nant

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:49 AM

Callsign: Revenant
Timezone: U.S. Central
House/Faction: None as yet - Davion leanings
Playstyle: Team player, cautious, occasionally crazy
Roletype: Direct fire support, Battle line, Adaptable
Preferred Weight: Medium\Heavy, can handle any class needed
Experience:Mechwarrior 1-4 except Black Knight, never got the chance to play that one, Mechcommander 1 and 2, Mechassault 1 and 2, Mechwarrior and Mechwarrior 3050 on the SNES, and others. Basically any Battletech game I could get my hands on since I was a kid. Also have a little experience with tabletop. Mainly just don't have anyone to play with.

I'm looking for a unit to fight with that doesn't take itself too seriously and doesn't mind that I'm not always in the mood to drop everything for a drop night. In fact I am known to take breaks from a game for a good while and sometimes not come back for a month or two. I'm hoping finding a unit will keep me interested. Plus I get tired of pug matches, because it usually ends up feeling like I'm fighting with some sort of twisted militia that runs around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. Giant chickens with lasers and autocannons.

Can provide more info if requested.

I have recieved several offers so far and I am currently reviewing them. Thank you to all who sent offers.

Edited by Rev3nant, 15 March 2015 - 03:24 PM.

#1679 Grim Omens

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

Name: Grim Omens

Callsign: Grim
House/Faction: Steiner / Mercenary
Playstyle: Mid - Close
Roletype: Brawler
Preferred Weight: Assault
Experience: Number cruncher, stat identifier, strategist and all of the above. Been playing since the start of Open Beta and have followed the roles, trends and patches. Currently own all of the clan mechs as well as a vast arsanel of Inner Sphere mechs. I am well versed in playing lights, heavies and mediums however, my Atlas is my be all end all. With several other mech builds in the works, I am now working on the King Crab series and working out the kinks and builds. Needless to say, Assaults are my primary and everything else I can perform with just as effeciently, however, not nearly as fun.

I am currently looking for a group that is fun, innovative and actively using a voice chat system that is not provided by the game. The group doesn't need to be serious but they should be competent enough to not get utterly creamed by the enemy. Mech Building has always been a favorite thing of mine and if you have questions, comments, concerns about mech building please come in contact with me. If you are a new player or a new group, I will come along for the ride and make suggestions; be prepared for constructive criticism - I don't believe in saying 'you suck get better' I would rather say, 'here are the problems, here is why, here is how to fix them.'

Thank you for your time, patience, and dedication.

Very Respectfully
//SIGNED//
Grim Omens

--Transmission End--

Edited by Grim Omens, 23 February 2015 - 11:28 AM.

#1680 Might

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

Name: Might

Callsign: Might
Timezone: Oceanic(UTC+10)
House/Faction: IS only
Playstyle: Brawler
Role: Any
Preferred Weight: Med
Experience: MechWarrior 4, MWO in two weeks before founders access

Looking for a oceanic unit which is involved in organised CW. Former RRB and currently with DHB, Held/Hold rank in both units and would be willing to do the same again but not willing to do drop calling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users