• 440 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

Name: Poisoner
Call sign: Poisoner
House: whatever I feel like
Playstyle, brawl, fire support, tank
Preferred Weight: Assault
Experience: since closed beta

Looking for a competitive unit. The unit I am did MRBC division B last year and I am looking for that kind of level unit.

#1882 ShasO MalCaor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:08 AM

Name: Jan
Call Sign: ShasO MalCaor
House/Faction: i prefer Clans, but im not locked in for anything
Playstyle: Hit and Run / Flanking / Close Support / Scout
Preferred Weight: LIGHTS
Preferred Chasis: ACH, FS
Experience: I play MW:O quite a while now, but more frequently lately.
Timezone: GMT but i have no problem with the usual US evening-times.

Im not really into BT lore , but i like the Clans so far. I expect a community that helps me improving my play/configurations and i want to play MW:O with an organized team and approach it more tactical and team-oriented then in Quick Play. I have no problem with learning stuff and expect fighting/training together on a regular basis.

For anyone wondering about my username: im a huge Fan of the 40k universe and own a little Tau army plus countless books.

Edited by ShasO MalCaor, 22 January 2016 - 07:10 AM.

#1883 Tandin1973

Rookie

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

Name: Daniel
Call Sign: Tandin1973
Timezone: Pacific (GMT -8)
House/Faction: Tend to support Davion but pretty much open to anything.
Playstyle: Generally like brawling and slug fests but evolving
Preferred Weight: Heavies and Assaults
Preferred Chasis: Marauder, Warhammer, King Crab, Atlas
Experience: I'm new to the game (about a month) but have been reading/playing BT stuff since the late 80s.
Bio:

Professional engineer living north of Seattle. I work odd shifts so looking for a unit that doesn't mind someone popping on at different times.

#1884 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

Name: F8Sealed
Call Sign: F8
Timezone: Central
House/Faction: Doesn't matter
Playstyle: Everything but playing LRMs.
Preferred Weight: No real weight preference.
Preferred Chassis: RVN-3L, HBK-4P
Experience: Used to play MRBCLeague with 1st Mech Rangers. Quit because MRBCLeague added in conquest for the last 3 drops. Did those last three drops in practice and its not fun. It sucks.

I like playing competitively but I'm not up for MRBCLeague unless they changes their rules. Then I might go back to 1st Mech Rangers. I play for fun.

#1885 ciscokid709

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:51 AM

Name: Graham
Call Sign: ciscokid2005
Timezone: GMT -3:30
House/Faction:Kurita but dosent really matter
Playstyle: Noob at the moment...kind of a peak and shoot/close support style at the moment
Preferred Weight: Medium
Preferred Class:Currently trying to master hunchback then maybe blackjack
Experience: Been playing for about 2 weeks...always like the backstory and history of battle tech since I was a kid

I have kids, a wife (for now...depending on how much I play MWO) and a life...so looking for a group that is not too serious and is ok with no big time commitment. I'd like to get into a group that is willing to teach.

Thanks

#1886 Ki m

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:57 AM

Name: Kim
Call Sign: GdozillaJPN
Timezone: europe / gmt+1/2
House/Faction: Doesn't matter ( just tested it to see what happens :D )
Playstyle: Just playing the trial mechs right now... and everything seems to be pretty funny
Preferred Weight: No real weight preference.
Preferred Chassis : No clue.. tho i like the DIRE WOLF DWF . I didn´t buy any real mech so far and safing up the C-Bills
Experience:

75 matches ! *yay for me* quick plays are pretty funny if you have 2-3 people in your team who actually know how to teamplay.
Just testing and checking the maps.. spectating alot to learn from mistakes and good players.
Iam pretty much in for everything.. i do like playing competitively with a steady crew or with 2-3 people ( i don´t know with how many you can join a match ) who want to teach a newbie some stuff.
Ima fast learner... i do have vent/ts/ingame voice
Timezone... well iam from europe.. but since iam selfemployed i don´t have a problem to play with north americans ( except western usa / canada )

I don´t know if you can check the stats on the player profile... if it is important for some people.. give me a message.

#1887 Laughingman

Rookie

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

Name: Rob

Callsign: Laughingman
Timezone: Eastern Standard
House/Faction: Stiner
Playstyle: Range, Hit and Run
Preferred Weight: Whatever fits the bill
Experience: Off and on past two years, just started really getting back into it. I have played all the old Mechwarrior games and the tabletop game. I am looking for a fun and communicative organized group to play with. Pugs are just not doing it for me anymore.

#1888 Temple IV

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

Name: Ryan
Callsign: Temple IV
Timezone: EST
House/Faction: Unaffiliated, strongly prefer IS
Playstyle: Frontline/Brawler/Support
Preferred Weight: Assault and Medium, but I'm not picky
Experience: Roughly 2 months of pubbies, oh god rescue me. I am not inexperienced with CW, but without a group I often find it frustrating.

Edited by Temple IV, 29 January 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#1889 cattabliss

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:48 AM

Name: Mike
Call sign: cattabliss
Timezone: Pacific Standard
House/Faction: Been jumping around collecting mech bays. Prefer rowdier ones like Jade Falcon, FRR
Play style: Support, usually aiming for ranges of 200-700 metres, prefer ballistics, lasers and srms, in that order; likes to bring ecm
Preferred weight: medium/heavy
Preferred chassis: Ebon Jaguar (mastered) Marauder (mastered) Cicada (elite) Cataphract (elite). Have 16 mechs in total.
Experience: I've been playing since the Steam launch and my counter says that's 250 hours of in-game time, though actual play time is likely lower than that. I've jumped head first into CW and tallied off a fair share of quick play matches. My typical damage count on one of the above named mechs is 400-600 in a quick play match. In CW it can depend on the team, but I range from 800-1700 in 90% of matches.

I'm looking for a large enough unit that has players online most days of the week. Am tired of joining pug matches where I have little control over the outcome. I can join TS but I rely on my phone for a mic, so it might not be the best quality. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Battletech franchise and have been following the game series on and off since MW2, so folks that are into lore would be a plus for me.

Edited by cattabliss, 30 January 2016 - 12:50 AM.

#1890 Slumber

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:22 AM

Name: Rod
Call sign: Slumber
Timezone: -3 GMT
House/Faction: FRR
Play style: Support and brawler. I love flanking and out-manuvering my oponents.
Preferred weight: Any
Preferred chassis: Dragon (1N, elite), Battlemaster (2C, elite)
Experience: Played it from the early days, and saw many of the new features of the game being roled out. Spent a while away from the game, then came back when it launched on Steam.

I'd absolutely love to go in a match and have a plan that does not consist of "don't die" or similar jokes. I'd rather try some coordinated strategy (even if we fail) than just go with the flow and hope my team is less of an idiot than the other team.

#1891 Pakkrat

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:16 PM

Name: Pakkrat

Callsign: Pakk / Pakkrat
House/Faction: None Joined Yet
Playstyle: Med-Long Range
Roletype: Ranged Harrass / Support
Preferred Weight: Heavy or Assault
Experience: New but skilled http://steamcommunit...s/?id=608680098

#1892 JickOShadows

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

Name: Jick O' Shadows

Callsign: Jick/ Shadows
Timezone: CST (GMT -6)
House/Faction: None so far. No preference.
Playstyle: Fast and harrassing. I typically go for assists and attempt to distract enemies.
Roletype: Flanking. Recon. Light hunting, if in good group.
Preferred Weight: I've only ever tried Lights so far. Assaults seem way to slow for me, and I'm not sure about heavies.
Experience: I've played this for about a week now I think. I played some MW2.
1 game of Classic table top. Everyone else quit after that day without telling me.
I'm actually incredibly crappy.
My KD ratio is crappy since I normally go for assists.
I've so far piloted 2 different urban mechs (1 has mastered basic efficiencies, working on the other now), 1 firestarter, and a COM th at I finished elite efficiencies on, (as well as 2 other coms with only basic, ofc)
I've met the best results so far with a speedy COM using only 1 SRM6 and 1 MPL.

#1893 TehXaren

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:35 AM

Name: Frankie J
Call sign: TehXaren
Timezone: PST
House/faction: FRR willing to break to join clans though.
Roletype: not enough experiance to really say
Preferred weight: lights or heavys (weird i know)
Experiance: played for 5 days (versed in book knowledge, played mechwarrior and mechcommander religiously my entire childhood

#1894 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:38 PM

Name: Thomas C.
Call sign: Darkspart3n
House/faction: Kurita is my main but I have lots of mechs for both sides
Roletype: Long range (LL spam) or mid range
Preferred weight: Mediums
Experience: I have been playing since 2013 (off and on since then but I have really amped up my play time over the past year) and have 68 available mechs ranging from meta builds to fun stuff that I have come up with. I am looking for a unit that is interested in competitive MWO and I want to eventually try to get to the official MWO tournaments or at least participate in MRBC league stuff.

#1895 ShoX

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:27 PM

Name: Chris
Call Sign: ShoX
Timezone: GMT
House: currently none

I am currently trying to fill my first semi serious drop deck with my spotter and marauder done, still working on my KCrab and no idea what to fill the last 55 tons with.
Just looking for a group to shoot big stompy robots with our big stompy robots and maybe occasionally point out that that Atlas over yonder is walking around with an open CT for four minutes now.
I shoot straight, I read my guides and I have so many tabletop memories to share that you'll be sick of it in no time.

#1896 Schonnes

• Pip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

Name: Schonnes

Callsign: Schonnes
Timezone: CET
House/Faction: Liao / Mercenary
Playstyle: scouting - patient - waiting for the right moment - then hit fast and hard
Roletype: Scout / Light Brawler
Preferred Weight: 35t (Raven Huginn - my absolute favorite)
Experience:
I'm playing for about 6-8 weeks I guess. 125 games with my Huginn - KDR of 1.51 and 1.10 W/L Ratio... I hit a Match Score of 400+ frequently... Some times 500+ - but that's really good games...
My problem - that's in PUG... And I want to get better in Teamplay - and I guess you only can learn that playing in units... :)

So - I'm curious if anyone will notice - and contact me.

Regards - Schonnes

#1897 Valfrey

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

Name: Kite

Callsign: Valfrey
Timezone: US Central UTC -6
House/Faction: Don't have one right now
Playstyle: Used to snipe a lot when I last played, but I've been brawling recently with hilarious results
Roletype: I can do what's needed
Preferred Weight: Medium or above.
Experience: Played during beta, stopped around 2013. Reinstalled last week.

Mechs I've been using a lot the past week include the jaeger, quickdraw, atlas, catapult, and griffin.

My match scores to seem to vary quite a bit in the public matches, depending on team comp. I can hit over 1k in damage if I'm on fire, or I can quickly can die in a fire and do under 100. Probably averaging around 400-500.

Still really rusty, and I honestly don't know half the mechs right that well now. I don't know jack about CW, but I really want to do that. Please halp.

I use teamspeak a lot for other games, but I have mumble as well.

Looking for a solid unit to run with for both pub and cw. I'd like to get competitive once I stop sucking. Definitely looking to learn, as this game has changed a lot.

(Blackwind Lancers was my old beta unit)

Edited by Valfrey, 09 February 2016 - 09:13 PM.

#1898 Tallyhawk

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:47 PM

Callsign: Mhraen
Timezone: EST (GMT -4/5)
House/Faction: undeclared (leaning FRR/CGB, CJF)
Playstyle: undecided, pragmatic, dont mind running support/long range but not afraid to run into the thick of the fight when needed
Roletype: team based, will adjust based on how the group flows.
Preferred Weight: undecided, i tend to flex between medium and heavy
Experience: mostly tabletop, experience with other mmos and team shooters. constant quick drops mwo side with varied results. looking toward improving and fitting into a running group....and transitioning into cw play while continuing through mech mastery.

#1899 Swaith

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:15 AM

Name: Swaith

Callsign: Swaith
Timezone: GMT ( zone: United Kingdom / England)
House/Faction: Lyran Commonwealth (28 Day contract/ merc)
Playstyle: Doormat
Roletype: I follow what im told to do by the guy in charge of my lance.
Preferred Weight: Light/Medium
Experience: 3 days of MWO // BF2-2142-3-4 Clan Games (irrelevant for the games mechanics vital for understanding I am an experienced clan soldier and will follow instructions as their given. I love playing communally for the team. I always played as support, and essentially do the same here. If you want someone to follow instructions. I’m that guy.

Edited by Swaith, 09 February 2016 - 05:16 AM.

#1900 PersestheTITAN

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

Name: Sean
Callsign: PersestheTITAN
House/Faction: Jade Falcon (I only have clan mechs right now)
Playstyle: Mid-range, support, assault
Roletype: Team-player
Preferred Weight: Heavy, assault
Preferred chassis: Dire Wolf, Timber Wolf, Ebon Jaguar
Experience: ~6 months on MWO, Mechwarrior 1-3, many hours playing strategy games and shooters on Xbox and PC.

I'm married, have a full time job and am taking graduate classes...so on days that I do have time to go on it will usually be for 2-3 hours max. I've been playing MWO solo for a short while now and am what you would call addicted. I would say that I am an above-average player, and prefer playing CW however it has really sucked recently in clan Jade Falcon. I'd really like to start winning CW matches again. I could quote some of my stats in quick-play (positive K/D and win ratio) but since I play CW a lot more often it doesn't really mean anything.

I'm looking for a large enough unit that is online on the weekend and most weeknights, but is not serious enough to demand a big time commitment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users