• LocationWashington State

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

Callsign: X LaughingMan X
Timezone: GMT-08
House/Faction: Mercenary
Playstyle: Aggressive teamwork
Role: I mostly shoot the red ones
Preferred Weight: Assault & Heavy
Experience: I'm no 'elite gamer' but i have been playing MWO since open beta whenever that was (2012 maybe?). About 2,600 matches now. Still not 'elite' but i am a little better than when i started.

not looking for scheduled games or anything but i just built a sweet new pc and for the first time ever ordered a mic. for gaming. figure it's about time i try harder to group with people.

Résumé
i'm a 36yr. old fairly lazy stoner. i swear sometimes, i go afk when matches load to smoke cigs..
i'm super-nice and easy going. happy to work as a team/take orders because i know the value of planning and teamwork.
try to play an hour or two a day, miss some. usually on between 9pm and 3am PST (washington state, US)
i set it to assault mode matches only but i'd play any of them.

mechs at master skill lvl.: AS7-D-DC, HGN-733C, VTR-9K, TBR-S, DRG-1C, SHD-5M, NVA-S, CN9-D
kill/death ratio: 1.06
Avg. XP per match: 952.39

#1682 BottomLine

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

Callsign: BottomLine
Timezone: CST (GMT -6)
House/Faction: Merc
Playstyle: Tactical Domination
Roletype: Support or Brawler
Preferred Weight: Med/Heavy/Assault
Mechs Owned: 148

Mechs Mastered: 108

Mechs Full Elited: 34

Experience:

-Over 30k drops in MWO (both Beta and Live Combined).

-Team drop Experience (4/8/12 man)

Strength:

-Loyal to the cause

-Eager to team train

-Strong Map Awareness

-Strong Tactical assessment and anticipation.

-Good Positioning

-Good Comm discipline

-Open availability for training

-Open to Diversity and Multicultural groups.

-Plays to win: My goal is to improve and grow as a pilot.

Skills perfected in other games:

-CS: Patiences, angles and Tactical objective insertion.

-CoD/URT: personal and enemy map assestments for possitioning and odds of engagements on my terms.

Weaknesses:

- " I own Clan mechs but, am no clone.": I have preferences for Loadout and weight class choices. I prefer to stay away from the flavor of the month..But am willing to choose a mech/loadout that will fill what is needed. "Trust in me as I am to in you."

- Married: My life is not my own and share my time with her. Which means that her important events override training and non-crucial tourney matches.

- "Not as young as I once was.": Though I am still young in retrospect to life, my twitch game is not what it used to be. With this being said, Putting me in a light mech for serous game play will not be the best idea (though i own them and are mastered, i will not be in the top % of players in that weight class). But make up for the loss by piloting Med/Heavy/Assault mechs to keep my strength of precision fire to the competition.

-"Religion and emotions do not belong in video game Play": If these are your focuses, Don't Bother messaging me.

-" I'm a grown man.": I use adult language. Not all the time but it is there.

Other notes:

- I will be staying Merc until all bonuses are collected.So im looking for any group that will be playing the Com Warfare Map (willing to sign contracts @ 1 month icroments until all house bonuses are collected)

- As previously stated, I am signing short term contracts. So Im willing to sign with anyone (for a maximum 1 month at a time) that needs an extra skilled hand or looking for a perma pilot. Since i will be signing contracts for service, I will be keeping my Tag at all times (until there is such a time the game requires all party members to be under the same tag).

Edited by BottomLine, 26 February 2015 - 09:05 AM.

#1683 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:28 AM

Name: Frosty

Callsign: Frostybrand
Timezone:GMT -8, midnight-3am weekday, weekend noon-etc
House/Faction: IS/Fedsun pref, any IS
Playstyle: skirmisher, unintentional decoy
Roletype: any, occasional meta, custom unit rigs.
Preferred Weight: 65ton, 3x ton, 50ton, waiting to Zeus
Experience:low, just not a lot of in game drops.

Pug life is brutal, and time is limited. If I can find a group to drop with even if I don't end up officially joining part of the merc force/Corp/etc in question at least I can drop with people who would have a plan and are willing to communicate.
Person quirks: Tends to favor 3025 lore, working out that neck beard for 3050+. Still can't accept anything past 3067 except chassis art, der be some power creep man.
Played some mw3, mw4, have some tt books, understand tactics, just not too lucky implementing.

Well that was fast :S
Ok then, time to jump in :D

Edited by Frosty Brand, 03 March 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#1684 Rabbitofdoom

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

Name:Rabbitofdoom

Callsign:Rabbitofdoom
Timezone:GMT +1/+2
House/Faction: No particular preference tho leaning bit towards IS
Playstyle: Casual,
Roletype:Light harrasment/ecm support, Assault Brawling, LRM support
Preferred Weight: Light, Assault
Experience: Returned to MWO after rather long break from game.

Looking for casual mercenary group. Vicious point things included.

New contractor has been selected. A vicious streak a mile wide shall now comence.

Edited by Rabbitofdoom, 15 March 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#1685 Wokeupsleey

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

Name: Tom

Callsign: wokeupsleepy (I messed up the spelling when I registered)
Timezone: PST
House/Faction: IS/Merc
Playstyle: Team-focused casual (I like coordinating with people, but I don't think I'm really good enough to play competitive)
Role type: Light harassment/striker
Preferred Weight: Strictly light mechs (I only have Ravens)
Experience: I joined MWO when it first started (I was confused when there weren't repair costs anymore, if that gives you any idea of length-of-time), but I only recently got back into it. Mostly I've played in single-player and coordinated with whatever people felt like using voicecoms there. I've been playing MW games since MW2: Mercs, if that counts for anything hahaha...

I'm looking for a fairly casual mercenary group. I'm really looking for people who play with voicecoms. I can usually play a fair amount in the early hours on weekend mornings PST (so late mornings/noon EST), so if anyone's looking to add a looking to add a light mech scout/striker.

Edited by Wokeupsleey, 13 March 2015 - 03:12 PM.

#1686 Kregger_Herbertson

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:12 AM

Callsign: Archer von GeBler
Timezone: EST
House/Faction: Steiner...ish
Playstyle: Cautious to Reckless depending on whats needed
Role type: Scout, Skirmisher, Sniper
Preferred Weight: Lights or fast Mediums.
Experience: MW, MW2, MW2 GBL, MW2:Mercs, MW3, MW3 Pirates Moon, MW4, MW4 Mercs, MechCommander 1 and 2

I am looking for a casual group. I am usually a weekend warrior, I have a job that embraces the early to rise and early to bed moto. I don't have team speak yet... my dog chewed up my headset. My prefered mech is The Death Knell or the Locust 1E. I have mastered the Locust, Raven, Firestarter, and Commando. Working on different weight classes but I prefer lights

#1687 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:19 AM

Name:Zdeněk Anděl

Callsign:JudgeDeath
Timezone:GMT+1
House/Faction:I do not care
Playstyle:I like LRMs most but I love PPC snipe as well both with any weight class.
Roletype:LRM and PPC support fire
Preferred Weight:Any but I like fast mechs
Experience:MW3,MW4,MW:LL and a lot of MWO since closed beta ;)

I am more casual player mainly bcuz of my work schedule when I have 12 hrs morning shift next day 12 hrs night shift and after that 2 days free si I can not guarantee exact time I will be able to play.
I was in HHoD and then in Z-6 which was put on hold so I am looking for new group and I prefer merc grp with different contract every 2 weeks-1 month.

#1688 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

Update. Hello all. Thank for the responses. Currently reviewing and checking some groups out.

Currently available for contracts....

Name: TheSteelRhino (formerly Rhinehardt Ritter)
Callsign: TheSteel Rhino (or just Rhino)
Timezone: UTC -6 (US Central)
Available Times: 4 or more nights a week usually. Starting between 8:30-9 Central, up to 11:30 pm Central.
House/Faction: Steiner/Davion preferred (would consider Marik). No clanners.
Playstyle: Team player. Prefer organized CW drops
Roletype: Skirmisher/brawler
Preferred Weight: medium or heavy, but some assaults, and lights.
Experience:
Battletech crescent hawks inception/Mechwarrior/mw 2-4 plus expansions.
Founder/player since MWO closed beta.
previous units and positions held.
228 IBR - 2 months 1 week. Rank: Initiate (several friends there, but sadly just not an overall fit with unit)
Hellcats: Rank: Captain, Commander A co (after a previous failed merger, unit joined 228 IBR)
Aces Wild- Captain and XO of Alpha Company. (company left to start own unit)
BlackBurns Raiders: Command Sgt Major (personal reasons as unit stopped playing MWO)

Looking for a unit that is open to players that are interested in BT lore, BUT has a focus on playing CW and winning. I am currently not interested in league play. However, I would like to find a friendly and team oriented atmosphere that has organized CW play.

Thanks
Rhino.

Edited by TheSteelRhino, 27 March 2015 - 07:50 PM.

#1689 nairbsamoht

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

Name: nairbsamoht
Call sign: Hellstorm
Time Zone: GMT(UK)
Availible time :4 to 5 days a week rotating
Faction: Currenly no faction not fussed on what faction i join.
Play style: organised team play its not about the kill its about working well as a team together to take them down.
roles/mechs brawler or lrm boat softening up targets for others to take down or hunting down with a pack
Im versitile enough to do most things.

Preferd weight heavy assault or medium mechs i have plenty

#1690 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

Edit: All sorted and found a home I think, thanks for the invites everyone, see you all on the field!

Edited by DJFrost, 03 April 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#1691 slayer213

Rookie

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

Callsign: Slayer213
Timezone: Australia
House/Faction: Steiner
Playstyle: Teamwork, willing to follow and backup other players
Roletype: Brawler usually heavier mechs
Preferred Weight: 80-100
Experience: Founder, mainly casual

#1692 Marius Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

Name: Marius Malthus

Callsign: Fox
Timezone: GMT+00
House/Faction: Merc Unit/House Davion
Playstyle: Teamwork heavy.
Roletype: Brawler/flanker. Tech
Preferred Weight: Medium/heavy
Experience: Veteran Founder. Death Hands Brigade, Windbourne Highlanders. 13th War Dogs.

Looking for a MERC unit mainly composed of EU players. casual or not casual. sorry to say this but i dont want to be lured again to a unit with the promise of them having a great EU contingent...

I'm very good in terms of lore and a diehard Battletech fan.

Edited by Marius Malthus, 24 March 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#1693 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth America West

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

Name: Arle Vox

Callsign: Vox
Timezone: GMT-7 (Mountain Time, Canada)
House/Faction: Rolling through all factions as a freelancer, don't want to permanently dedicate to any single house/clan
Playstyle: Team-based advances, horde tactics
Roletype: Ranger
Preferred Weight: Medium
Experience: MW 1, 2, & 3; also the tabletop board game and the CCG if that matters...

Edited by Arle Vox, 25 March 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#1694 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:54 PM

Name: Quxudica
Callsign: Ducky
Timezone: GMT -4 (East Coast US)
House/Faction: Unaligned, pulled Jade Falcon out of a hat to try CW.
Playstyle: varies
Roletype: Fire Support
Preferred Weight: Medium/Heavy
Experience: Years of playing solo queue. Substantial amounts of resulting therapy.

I've been around since early closed beta, exclusively a Jenner pilot for CB I've since played pretty much every weight class at one point or another. My knowledge of the game is pretty in depth, I dive into things and learn all I can about them, but my ability as a pilot is probably only just above average.

I'm looking for a relaxed group to drop with, people who get things done but don't treat the game like a profession. Really just want to have fun with a mature respectful group that like poking giant tanks together. I play all game modes, though only done a small amount of CW (due to queue times, rarely seems worth it). Probably goes without saying but I obviously have a mic and no qualms using mumble, teamspeak, ventrillo or whatever might be needed (veteran MMO player, I've had all the voip clients at one point or another). Currently have around 21 mechs, but the ones I typically play with any proficiency are : JM6-S, WVR-6R, SHD-2D2, SCR, TBR, RVN-2X. Have a few more but I'm rusty at best with the rest.

The times I am online tend to vary due to work, but I'm usually around at some point in the evening or late night (EST). Give me a poke.

#1695 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:47 AM

Name: Leif Tanner.
Callsign: Leif
Timezone: +10:00 (Australia)
House/Faction: House Liao.
Playstye: Varied (depending on day/mood)
Roletype: LR Support/ Scouting
Preferred weight: Medium/Heavy.
Experience: MechWarrior2 (31C Combat) MechWarrior 2 GBL MW2 Mercenaries/ MechWarrior 3/ MechWarrior 4' MW:LL (if that even counts :-p) Heavy Gear (BT style gameplay)/Battle Tank etc.

TS active per in-game request only.

#1696 DRT33TH

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:52 AM

Callsign: DRT33TH
Timezone: GMT +1
House/Faction: Doesn't matter, just want an active unit
Playstyle: Team player
Roletype: scout,
Preferred Weight: light/med
Experience: plenty of dreaded solo ques

[EDIT] Removed. Thanks to all the responses and Praetorian Legion for the unit invite.

Edited by DRT33TH, 02 April 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#1697 Slider18

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

Callsign:Slider18 (Just Slider is fine)
House/Faction: Merc Units preferred but any will do (I only have access to one clan mech at the moment)
Playstyle: Whatever is needed but usually front line or flanking
Roletype:Brawler/Close Support
Preferred weight: Medium to Heavy (Hunchbacks and Jagers mostly)
Experience: I have been playing Mechwarrior since 2 back when Mplayer was a thing and you had to lag shoot 2-4 mechs ahead to hit anything. Also played in leagues and teams in Mechwarrior 3 and 4. I have been playing this off an on since founders were allowed.

Looking for a team that allows people to have a life outside of the game but still does events and occasional practices. I can use teamspeak or mumble for comms and am comfortable taking orders and learning as well as leading small groups.

Thank you for all the kind responses! I am taking this post out for now as I work through the plethora of messages I have received. It's nice to see what a great community this game still has!

Edited by Slider18, 02 April 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#1698 Emery

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:26 AM

Name: Cal
Callsign: Eadon
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australian)
House/Faction: Kurita or FRR
Playstyle: Tactical stuff. I like playing as a spotter for a team, and engaging in light vs. light, or light vs. medium fights, to take out/distract enemy scouts. I also very much enjoy playing as part of a light pack, with comms, and focus firing isolated mechs, or hunting enemy lights as part of a group. My preferred mechs and builds tend to be streak heavy lights (RVN-3L, JNR-OXIDE, CMD-3D), though I own and have played with just about every light IS mech available. Occasionally I will pull out my CPLT-A1 and go missile boating, or rarely my CPLT-K2. I generally almost exclusively play lights, unless I really need to go with something heavier, to match what my team mates are rolling with. Hence the Catapult.
Roletype: Scout and Scout hunter, or alternatively missile boat (my faithful CPLT-A1).
Preferred weight: Light. Medium/Heavy on occasion.
Experience: Mostly just MWO, though I've played some of the older titles as well. I previously played as part of the Kuritan 1st Ghosts, and am looking to come back to MWO.

Was Kuritan aligned, would still like to be most likely, but am also quite happy to play with an FRR company, or a group of mercs aligned to one of those factions. Mostly just want an excuse to shoot clanners, Stieners and Davions. I'd also rather a small group focused in the Australian time zone, or a larger one with a regular presence during Australian peak time, and people I can play with. :)

#1699 Dingbat67

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

Name: Toshiro Hayase
Callsign: None so far
Timezone: EST (Eastern Standard Time)
House/Faction: Don't care.
Playstyle: Mid-Range Skirmisher
Roletype: Assault/Heavy Support, Medium Recon
Prefered Weight: Medium/Heavy
Experience: Played _all_ the mechwarrior games, including table-top, even Battlespace. Been playing since early 90s. Was very busy on the old GEnie Multiplayer Battletech game too.
Mech Owned: Lots (50+). Prefer Shadowhawk (Elited) and a few more.

Looking for: Casual organised play. I like playing Pug, but the lack of organisation and coordination is grating on me and would rather play with people who actually play in a fairly organised fashion. I am currently member of [TBC] but they don't play very often so am looking for another unit to join. Prefer mainly adult players (I'm 47).

Thank you everyone who contact me. I am currently trying out with MarineMechs, they were the first to approach me. However I very much appreciate all those that contacted me and offered me a position.

Domo Arigato.

Edited by Toshiro Hayase, 07 April 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#1700 Grim Omens

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:07 AM

Name: Grim Omens

Callsign: Grim
House/Faction: Steiner / Mercenary
Playstyle: Mid - Close
Roletype: Brawler
Preferred Weight: Assault
Experience: Number cruncher, stat identifier, strategist and all of the above. Been playing since the start of Open Beta and have followed the roles, trends and patches. Currently own all of the clan mechs as well as a vast arsanel of Inner Sphere mechs. I am well versed in playing lights, heavies and mediums however, my Atlas is my be all end all. With several other mech builds in the works, I am now working on the King Crab series and working out the kinks and builds. Needless to say, Assaults are my primary and everything else I can perform with just as effeciently, however, not nearly as fun.

I am currently looking for a group that is fun, innovative and actively using a voice chat system that is not provided by the game. The group doesn't need to be serious but they should be competent enough to not get utterly creamed by the enemy. Mech Building has always been a favorite thing of mine and if you have questions, comments, concerns about mech building please come in contact with me. If you are a new player or a new group, I will come along for the ride and make suggestions; be prepared for constructive criticism - I don't believe in saying 'you suck get better' I would rather say, 'here are the problems, here is why, here is how to fix them.'

Thank you for your time, patience, and dedication.

Very Respectfully
//SIGNED//
Grim Omens

--Transmission End--

Edited by Grim Omens, 08 April 2015 - 08:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users