Mechwarrior Tactics

247 replies to this topic

#1 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

So anyone else here in the MWT Beta? I just went to check on the progress over there and got a big "Website is down for maintanence, check back in 72 hours" message. Anyone know how long this has been up, or if I've just witnessed the death knell of that game?

#2 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

Is that game still around? I think I'm theoretically in the beta, but I haven't seen any updates in months.

#3 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hail,

Part of the planned move happening tomorrow? 72 Hours is really long, hell 24 hours is aswell for that matter.

Seyla,

#4 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

There was a thread that got removed by the moderators yesterday, something about their contract had ended since last year, and it had not been in development since then, some people didn't notice the date on the "server down" post, and it's been over 3months now?

Don't recall directly, it got derailed, PGI got offended, it got deleted.

Ah, here i found it.

https://www.mwtactic...patch-downtime/

June, 26. Also, yesterday it did not have the big white text over it. Guess PGI blew the whistle or something.

Edited by CN9 ACE PILOT, 27 August 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#5 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostCN9 ACE PILOT, on 27 August 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

There was a thread that got removed by the moderators yesterday, something about their contract had ended since last year, and it had not been in development since then, some people didn't notice the date on the "server down" post, and it's been over 3months now?

Don't recall directly, it got derailed, PGI got offended, it got deleted.

Ah, here i found it.

https://www.mwtactic...patch-downtime/

June, 26. Also, yesterday it did not have the big white text over it. Guess PGI blew the whistle or something.

Yeah I've been meaning to ask about the status of MWT. I checked it out the other day, and it seemed more dead than the only redshirt on the away party. Guess this just confirms it. Its a shame, since I was never able to get into the TT, and MWT seemed like it would be a good way to be able to, without the "getting thrown into the deep end to learn how to swim" aspect of MegaMek.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 27 August 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#6 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

The 72 hour period started about 48 hours ago (give or take 12 hours because I have to sleep). I would say if it's not back by Monday or Tuesday then we have a problem.

The latest info I have which is as reported by someone else is from a personal email from BLG stating that their contract for development was up and they have not been working on it since the end of 2013. Apart from a few injections of stuff that was removed for not working properly nothing much has happened this year. Make of it what you will but the lack of communications is distinctly worrying.

#7 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

Prior to the website being closed, you couldn't even launch the game as it would give you a "wrong language loaded" error

#8 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

Lonestar is back in the saddle :D

#9 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

View Postslide, on 29 August 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

The 72 hour period started about 48 hours ago (give or take 12 hours because I have to sleep). I would say if it's not back by Monday or Tuesday then we have a problem.

Posted Image

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

If I'm gonna hazard a guess..

Unlike PGI, I suspect if the devs were already fired by IGP, then it would be rather difficult to put those servers back up. It would actually require them to rehire/pay briefly the guy responsible for that and make sure it gets up. Otherwise, it suddenly becomes a challenge/difficulty setting back up stuff that you were never actually involved with.

If servers were as simple as "turn on and it should magically work", people would be out of jobs since you wouldn't need to keep them around.

Edited by Deathlike, 02 September 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#11 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

Posted Image

Game hasn't had developers working on it for 8 months, with recent "updates" basically being restoring old busted content back to being in the game. It's also been far, far longer than 72 hours now- it's been over a week.

IGP has sole control. The game's deader than Elvis.

Edited by wanderer, 02 September 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#12 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

I f**king knew it. Game looked a**-cheap in the first place - I mean, an iOS app would have better graphics than that crap.

#13 Zplayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:50 AM

If there was no development going on for ~8 Months then what about all the poor people who paid to get on the beta?? That's not good and from what I remember it wasn't exactly cheap either.

#14 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

Man, I haven't login to that game in a year.
Thought it will be something quick that I could play during lunch break but a single match in MWT is longer than one in MWO.

If they redesign the game into an auto-battle card game, I would spend more time playing it.
Battlemech as moe anthropomorph is a plus.
Spoiler

KanColle is a web based auto battle card game featuring moe anthromorph World War 2 Japanese battleships.

#15 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

OMG you did NOT just brought Kantai Collection onto the table....

That is the most anime bullsh*t of all anime bullsh*t that happened in recent years. I can't even cast a straight look at it. Wait, you Japanese?

Edited by Helmstif, 03 September 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#16 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostZplayer, on 03 September 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

If there was no development going on for ~8 Months then what about all the poor people who paid to get on the beta?? That's not good and from what I remember it wasn't exactly cheap either.

I'd be interested to know if they get a refund

#17 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 27 August 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

Yeah I've been meaning to ask about the status of MWT. I checked it out the other day, and it seemed more dead than the only redshirt on the away party. Guess this just confirms it. Its a shame, since I was never able to get into the TT, and MWT seemed like it would be a good way to be able to, without the "getting thrown into the deep end to learn how to swim" aspect of MegaMek.

http://megamek.info/
http://www.mekwars.org/

there you go, complete with CW, economy, hundreds of planets, etc.

#18 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 03 September 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

OMG you did NOT just brought Kantai Collection onto the table....

That is the most anime bullsh*t of all anime bullsh*t that happened in recent years. I can't even cast a straight look at it. Wait, you Japanese?

Yes I did, No Im not Japanese (else I would have sign up for DC instead of CapCom).
I am fine with people not liking anime.

What I propose is to turn MWT from Turn Based Strategy into an Auto Battle Strategy genre.
TBS takes up alot more playtime per session and not something people associate with browser game, ABS (whether moe or not) is currently the mainstream genre for browser game in Asia market.
ABS card game allow player to play in frequent small chunk session; ie lunch time, toilet break, in public transport, etc.

If Im going to be sitting in front my PC for 1 or 2 hours, I would rather play a retail title or a MMOG.

#19 MN 2fisted

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMN usa

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:07 AM

Anime from HELL buerrrrp

In case any MWT stragglers show up here, if your not into FPS shooters like MWO, you will find broken hearted ex MWT players at Inner Sphere Wars fighting via Mektek/Mekwars now. Read the ISW forums.

Edited by MN 2fisted, 04 September 2014 - 12:12 AM.

#20 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:18 AM

View Postxengk, on 03 September 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

What I propose is to turn MWT from Turn Based Strategy into an Auto Battle Strategy genre.
TBS takes up alot more playtime per session and not something people associate with browser game, ABS (whether moe or not) is currently the mainstream genre for browser game in Asia market.
ABS card game allow player to play in frequent small chunk session; ie lunch time, toilet break, in public transport, etc.

Um, anybody playing Hearthstone? Or Magic? All of them takes at least half an hour to play a turn, right? (or that's what it seems, since I don't play them)

What I'm trying to say is Kan-Colle is designed from head to toe for Japanese market - super short battles to cope with extremely fast-pace life, cutesy anime-bullsh*t and the Japanese obsession with their bygone era of maritime domination? Which part of it do you think can be replicated by MWT?

Although I do wish there was a "Blitz" mode for MWT, with a 30-min overall timer and a 30-second timer per turn.

(I don't hate anime. I might be more updated on anime than anybody else in MWO forum, I just can't get over using anime stuff to depict 50,000 tons steel vessels of death.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users