Mechwarrior Tactics

247 replies to this topic

#141 DragonOTM

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

So they now have a user term of agreement for MWO? Is this to prevent us from trying to get reimbursed for our loss?
Well Im not agreeing to anything til I read it over carefully. I want something in return for my 180 bucks and not an apology either!

#142 DragonOTM

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

Not to mention the Term of Use page cant even be printed off or copied and pasted. Something just seems too sketchy here.

#143 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

MWO has nothing to do with MWT. Please do not mix those two titles together.

The updated MWO ToU can be found as a .rtf document in the game folder. It can be opened with the wordpad.

#144 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

All they did was remove any IGP references and replaced them with PGI where appropriate. Otherwise, you already agreed to it.

-> Back on topic

I doubt MWT will go anywhere at this point. Way too long in Development Hell. Sorry for folks that spent money on it.

#145 Intelekt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

I was a MWT Founder. Got the game as something to do in the browser when I was unable to do MWO.

I want a refund or the game, but getting next to nothing for supporting a game is garbage. MWO should honestly step in and offer something to compensate with considering this is the only MW product available after the split.

IGP was always trash, proved by the speed of updates and content since PGI split with them. IGP however is a company, and there are people who are responsible for our loss as customers.

Kelly Zmak, former CEO, now has a NEW "games consulting" business in California & some of the former IGP folks now work for PGI in development. These folks should have to answer for why they pulled a smash and grab job on the founders.

#146 Gendou

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

Really sad. I was one of the early wave beta testers.
I wasn't able to get a Founder's Pack at the time due to finances - and now I'm glad I didn't. :wacko:
Just awful. I'm so sorry for those of you who did give them money. :(

#147 DoomRide

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

Still no news? I put down 120 for the game. This is not a happy time, no sir. They still havn't done anything now. Bullocks.

#148 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'm surprised IGP still has a website up. They list their employees and their linkedin and if you click on them, you'll see 90% of them list themselves as no longer working for IGP.

#149 F1ref0x

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:21 AM

The 2 companies that are involved in Mechwarrior Tactics are Blue Lizard Games who are the developers and Infinite Game Pulishing are the Publishers. I have sent an email to both companies to see what is happening.

I have also mentioned that as people have spent money on a product to be developed and have not recieved said product; that there should be a repayment of said funds to all the players that have invested.

I feel that this kind of get cash and run is not in the interest of any future development companies that might not want to sink before they have a chance to swim.

Please apply any pressure to these companies to try and get this either back online, or money returned.

#150 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostF1ref0x, on 01 November 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

The 2 companies that are involved in Mechwarrior Tactics are Blue Lizard Games who are the developers and Infinite Game Pulishing are the Publishers. I have sent an email to both companies to see what is happening.

I have also mentioned that as people have spent money on a product to be developed and have not recieved said product; that there should be a repayment of said funds to all the players that have invested.

I feel that this kind of get cash and run is not in the interest of any future development companies that might not want to sink before they have a chance to swim.

Please apply any pressure to these companies to try and get this either back online, or money returned.

Someone a ways back already posted a Tweet by Blue Lizard games that they haven't worked on the game since December of Last Year and to contact IGP for Inquiries.

#151 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

I don't think that there will be any kind of refund.
I admit i haven't tried and i haven't checked the "contract" for my Founder account... And i won't do so, waste of time i assume. ;)

#152 Cronotekk

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

*Sigh* November 1st, the site is still down "temporarily"

#153 Quardak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

Its gone i guess. IGP doesn`t really excist anymore.

Byebye Euro`s ...

#154 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

Your only real option at this point would be to seek legal avenues. Class-action type suits, etc. PGI is not, should not, and cannot be held legally accountable for anything IGP did. IGP was a separate entity and PGI had nothign to do with the development of MWT (at least as far as we know). Asking PGI to "compensate" customers of MWT would be like asking Company A to compensate customers because their publisher and Company B went out of business.

In simpler terms, that would be like asking a band to compensate customers because another artist on the same record label put out an album you didn't like.

#155 Johndar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSome place I shouldn't be

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:14 PM

Wait, people actually paid into MW:T?

#156 Johndar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSome place I shouldn't be

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

Tactics seemed like that transverse game a quick crowdfunded effort to make money

#157 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 August 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

MechWarrior Tactics still exists!? :blink: wow I thought it died with its horrible, heretic of an Atlas and Catapult design.

The Stalker was worse, it looks like it exploded

Asking PGI to "compensate" customers of MWT would be like asking Company A to compensate customers because their publisher and Company B went out of business.

Akin to asking Chrystler to compensate for dodge

#158 Kyper

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 06 November 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

The Stalker was worse, it looks like it exploded

Akin to asking Chrystler to compensate for dodge

Um, you do know that Chrysler owns Dodge right? And that PGI does not own IGP, right? So while you can ask Chrysler to refund you for a Dodge product, you cannot ask PGI to refund an IGP product.

Our only recourse now is legal action against IGP. And considering that they are either no longer in existance, or broke, that will cost us more money then it will them.

#159 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostKyper, on 06 November 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Um, you do know that Chrysler owns Dodge right? And that PGI does not own IGP, right? So while you can ask Chrysler to refund you for a Dodge product, you cannot ask PGI to refund an IGP product.

Our only recourse now is legal action against IGP. And considering that they are either no longer in existance, or broke, that will cost us more money then it will them.

IGP struck me as the business equivalent of the part of the sabot round that breaks away XD

#160 MN 2fisted

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMN usa

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

Some of us' ex MWT guys have found a new home at Mekwars, & hope to get a Megamek meta game fired up at ISW. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users