• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostMN 2fisted, on 12 November 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

Some of us' ex MWT guys have found a new home at Mekwars, & hope to get a Megamek meta game fired up at ISW. :)

The community there is small but Mekwars and MM are the best TT translation I've ever found. If uru, orca, or foo are still there they could help you out. They've been there since about the beginning when McWiz wrote the original game

#162 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostSandpit, on 13 November 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

The community there is small but Mekwars and MM are the best TT translation I've ever found. If uru, orca, or foo are still there they could help you out. They've been there since about the beginning when McWiz wrote the original game

I haven't touched Megamek and it's offspring campaign servers for at least 5 years and yet I still remember all of those names.

Edited by Egomane, 13 November 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#163 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

I'd be interested to know if they get a refund

Nope, money is gone and not even a single email to say anything.
IGP has made my naughty list....... you do not want to be on my naughty list

#164 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostEgomane, on 13 November 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

I haven't touched Megamek and it's offspring campaign servers for at least 5 years and yet I still remember all of those names.

We were a small but tight community. I admined, moderated, helped code, etc. for many years when we first started putting an actual campaign together. It was a lot of fun. I wish PGI would take a few queues from the resource model and campaign examples for CW to be honest. Groups weren't an issue but we still had factions, planetary conquests, mission types, etc. that I think would work wonderfully here albeit in a modified format.

Foo plays here although I haven't seen him recently and he doesn't post much on the forums.

#165 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

https://www.mwtactics.com/ Still says just waiting for an Update

#166 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostNight Fury76, on 13 November 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Nope, money is gone and not even a single email to say anything.
IGP has made my naughty list....... you do not want to be on my naughty list

I thought IGP no longer existed

#167 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 13 November 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

As far as I know they're still around, they just pulled out of this project.

#168 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 13 November 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

The shady ******* zmack left but the company itself is intact as far as I have been able to tell.

#169 CthePrez

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationTaichung, Taiwan

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:34 AM

For those of you who want to get your money back, I feel the best angle is via UltimatePay / Playspan.

They have a clause in their ToS that states that they obligate the publisher to deliver the goods when they receive payment.

Publishers are obligated to release the goods or services you have paid for.

[...]

We will make a reasonable effort to return your payment to you through the same payment system, method or channel you used to send the payment...

Their support does not acknowledge this statement in their ToS, so I recommend going straight to filing a complain against them with the Better Business Bureau: http://www.bbb.org/g...cisco-ca-436924

Just provide evidence that there's no way you could have received your goods (because the game was never published) and work from there.

I would like to point out that as of this post 11/15/2014, PlaySpan has removed their Terms of service https://site.ultimatepay.com/tos/ "Forbidden, HTTP 403" in what I believe to be an attempt to avoid liability.

Information is ammunition! I hope this helps.
Currently my case is still being reviewed by a mediator, and even if I am favored, it doesn't mean that I will even get my money back, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Edited by CthePrez, 15 November 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#170 JeremiahRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

I can't believe that they did not contact their customers to let them know that this was going on.

(I mean, I can believe it, but it's HORRIBLE business practice)

What a shame.

#171 DoomRide

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

Well this is a final nail in the dead game. The website itself seems down now. Seems like someone didn't pay their webserver bill? This gives a final touch of the grim reaper alright. Dead as a stiff bird nailed to a stand.

#172 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:41 PM

And now the question is whether the license that PGI awarded to IGP has in fact reverted back to PGI; and whether any other fool hardy developer would like to take a stab at continuing it.

#173 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

http://raymondchabot...-publishing-inc

They're selling all their stuff. It's over.

#174 Borengar629

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 305 posts
  • Location3rd rock next to sun

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 13 November 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

https://www.mwtactics.com/ Still says just waiting for an Update

There won't be any update in the near future or anytime at all. They are gone for good and already selling their furniture:
http://raymondchabot...-publishing-inc

I think therefore it is safe to say that there will be no refund of any kind. Bummer, I bought the big founders about two years ago. But how to sue a company that no longer exists?

#175 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:21 AM

The IP for MW:T is still out there, and probably for sale if you can find the right people. There's a chance it may come back under a different developer, or even a new start up that may want to work on a half-finished project to see what they can do with it.

Not sure how bankruptcy works in Canadia though, so whether it goes on the auction block or not remains to be seen.

#176 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostHeffay, on 02 December 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Not sure how bankruptcy works in Canadia though, so whether it goes on the auction block or not remains to be seen.

I wouldnt think any new publisher would have to cover for the liabilities of IGP unless it is specifically dealed out, that the new publisher will take them over together with the IP. Any claims will still have to be dealt against the insolvency manager in charge of the IGP assets. Here (depending on how the law is in Canada) it is usually on a first come first serve or Highest creditor first basis. As a Player with a small creditor balance you will have just about 0% chance of getting anything out of it at all. The best bet in such a case would be if as many players as possible came together in a class action case so that the amount for the single claim is increased. However, this is bound together with extra costs for the players and the outcome is of course not guaranteed to be successfull (depending on how high the claims are for the big players such as hosters, IP rights and bank debts).

#177 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 02 December 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

I wouldnt think any new publisher would have to cover for the liabilities of IGP unless it is specifically dealed out, that the new publisher will take them over together with the IP. Any claims will still have to be dealt against the insolvency manager in charge of the IGP assets. Here (depending on how the law is in Canada) it is usually on a first come first serve or Highest creditor first basis. As a Player with a small creditor balance you will have just about 0% chance of getting anything out of it at all. The best bet in such a case would be if as many players as possible came together in a class action case so that the amount for the single claim is increased. However, this is bound together with extra costs for the players and the outcome is of course not guaranteed to be successfull (depending on how high the claims are for the big players such as hosters, IP rights and bank debts).

I was thinking more along the lines of buying it at auction. I mean not me, but a potential developer who wants to take it over.

My guess is that they would also have to take over the player base and things promised to them as well, since it's probably all tied together some how. Not that that is a bad thing; they just have to deliver content that IGP and the original developer got paid for. Not an idea situation, but if MWT has any salvageable game aspects left to it, the potential money down the road may be worth the risk.

It ain't dead. It's just buried. Let's see if someone wants to dig it up.

#178 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostZelthar the mecha wizard, on 12 November 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

I FORGOT that MWT was a thing until i stumbled onto this.

^ Forgot and I think I paid for it

#179 CthePrez

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationTaichung, Taiwan

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

Well, I contacted the company involved in the auction and they sent me their bankruptcy filing. Guess that's the official end of the road for anyone even clinging to hope to get their money back.
https://www.dropbox....nciers.pdf?dl=0

#180 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostCthePrez, on 02 December 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

Well, I contacted the company involved in the auction and they sent me their bankruptcy filing. Guess that's the official end of the road for anyone even clinging to hope to get their money back.
https://www.dropbox....nciers.pdf?dl=0

Ah crap...and I doubt I'd get any luck on getting money back via credit card billing company.

Anyone got any luck getting a refund via their credit card billing, etc?
Really hope the IP is taken up by someone else....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users