5 replies to this topic

#1 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:38 AM

I wonder if the time to get into match vs play time ratio could be looked at.

Currently its about 4mins searching + 30s+ connecting/loading + 60/30s of "lobby" + 10s of start up sequence + 10s end of game hang/scoreboard = about 6mins all told

VS

Average 6 to 9 mins playing time

It esp became frustrating during the weekend events where even a perfect 50wins would mean 5hrs of just looking for a game..

I'd like to see;
  • The 'lobby' screen dropped or cut to 10s
  • The start up sequence be combined with the lobby not after it.
  • And maybe a search option for throw me where ever (because that's what it does after 4min anyway)
Btw i wrote this whole post in the time it too me to get a game

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:24 AM

The Lobby time is important to give people time to connect and some basic tactic chats, like who has LRMS's and such.
Second thing, the startup sequence seems to cover some Map laoding issues. If everyone would be instant to move, some guys with older rigs may have some "instant ingame screen change" issues.

What i would like to have is a possibility to check the Battlefield grid within the lobby to see where poeple actually will start.

Also if you had 4min + in searching, you may should have not used a heavy or assault mechs. The light and medium queue was below 1 minute search time.

Edited by Lily from animove, 28 August 2014 - 05:25 AM.

#3 DLFReporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

That's a really important tipp for you. Watch the % for each mech class that pops up before you hit the play button, this will tell you which class has the lowest queue time. Atm the Mediums are being flooded, so play anything else and the wait will be gone.

#4 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostDLFReporter, on 28 August 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

That's a really important tipp for you. Watch the % for each mech class that pops up before you hit the play button, this will tell you which class has the lowest queue time. Atm the Mediums are being flooded, so play anything else and the wait will be gone.

In theory yes. but there are times when this rule doesn't seem to apply-Ive waited 4+ mins for 10% assault que plenty of times.

#5 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 28 August 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

In theory yes. but there are times when this rule doesn't seem to apply-Ive waited 4+ mins for 10% assault que plenty of times.

over the weekend I was dropping in light mechs only and the queue was continually below 10% for lights and I was literally dropping with 15 secs of clicking the button, the Queue does work but changes rapidly over the weekend I droped 50 drops in what would have normally taken twice as long.

#6 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

I've had mixed experiences with the wait times. I often drop in with a friend when I have a light and he has an assault, and despite the percentages being low for both, we have to wait 2-3 minutes to even enter a game. I'm guessing it's off peak times and the small player base causing this though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users