#21 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 29 August 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

@OP

I actually decided to try Ember/Firestarters and Ravens, because I don't own any.

They are light years beyond clan lights, I'll be picking one or the other and working my way through them at some point.

I also grabbed the Shadowhawk 2K, but the build I wanted to run felt a lot hotter than I thought it would be an I'm not sure if I'll grab that variant yet.

Shad 2K is a beast. Put in 2 ERLL and then whatever backup missiles you wish (i.e. 3 ASRM4?). High mounted, long-range hitscan = epic trolling power. But that might not be so good after the ISERLL nerf coming up, so I dunno what to do after that time comes. :P

#22 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

Shad 2K is a beast. Put in 2 ERLL and then whatever backup missiles you wish (i.e. 3 ASRM4?). High mounted, long-range hitscan = epic trolling power. But that might not be so good after the ISERLL nerf coming up, so I dunno what to do after that time comes. :angry:

I was being greedy, I wanted 3x ER LLAS. :P

If they go through with the IS ER LLAS, which I hope they don't, then I'd use LLAS + T5 Module, because I don't enjoy using 1.5s derp beams, although the K's hardpoint location mitigate a lot of the drawback.

#23 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 29 August 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

If they go through with the IS ER LLAS, which I hope they don't, then I'd use LLAS + T5 Module, because I don't enjoy using 1.5s derp beams, although the K's hardpoint location mitigate a lot of the drawback.

On the bright side, the reduced heat and crazy duration will actually reduce the heat load on the 3 ERLL loadout, but at a great price...

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 29 August 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

Shad 2K is a beast. Put in 2 ERLL and then whatever backup missiles you wish (i.e. 3 ASRM4?). High mounted, long-range hitscan = epic trolling power. But that might not be so good after the ISERLL nerf coming up, so I dunno what to do after that time comes. :P

thanks to space-magic hitboxes, I find (if I am not using it with ppcs and such) to make and outstanding fast striker.
SHD-2K
With it's relative speed and JJs, it can get in and out fast, and thanks to it's hitboxes and the empty arms, it has 2 shields to sell off, quite handily.

#25 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

On the bright side, the reduced heat and crazy duration will actually reduce the heat load on the 3 ERLL loadout, but at a great price...

I think I'm OK with it.

T5 Module adds 50m, which is huge.

500m optimal range is a great spot to be in, with 24.5 heat for 27 point Alpha.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 29 August 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

SHD-likethis?

#27 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 29 August 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

So I found that I had some MC and C-bills on the test server so I am thinking,

these guys screwed up

I bought three Timber Wolfs and I even bought a fan and some speakers

I was also wondering for those people that got a chance to try out a Clan Mech for the first time

What did you think?

I thought the TW was pretty cool a little sluggish and for some reason it did not like backing up
(Could have been the teammate trying to use me as a shield)

All in all things went pretty smooth

Timberwolf is broken, as are many clan mechs when combined with cermediumlasers and clargepulse.

You can take anything from the IS and you won't get the alpha firepower, DPS, or heat efficiency.

And of course, this is not even including the fact that clan XL engines are basically standard engines so durability/longevity is basically x2.

Also, this is coming from a guy who paid 200$ for the clan preorder, has some of my best stats in a TW, but I would like a balanced game :P

#28 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

That looks good Bishop.

I'll probably end up picking the variant up at some point, I have too many XP projects at the moment for my playtime.

I guess I was just being too greedy with a 350xl and 3x ER LLAS. :P :angry: :rolleyes:

Edited by Ultimatum X, 29 August 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#29 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

For reasons beyond my control, I didn't play on the test server this time.

I am sad. :P

#30 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

So did the nerfs really make THAT MUCH of a difference, or are the whiners ready to admit that they were largely exaggerating, or did they just not see this thread yet, or what?

Because based on their posts, the impression of Clan mechs that someone who hasn't piloted them would get would be something along the lines of this:

At least tell me you're all willing to pour one out for the poor Nova...

#31 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

I didn't play the test server, but it sounds like the Clan weapon changes are helping to bring them in-line. Who woulda thought that when they do small, gradual changes, the balance tends to slowly fall into the right place?

The rest of their OP-ness I stand by the fact that it's all in the hands of the player. I'm currently grinding my Adders up, one of the mechs that the forum seems to agree is bad (aka "Badder"), yet I'm still able to average 600-700 damage and a few kills per match, without missiles.

#32 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

I ran a Storm Crow with 2 CLPL and 4 CERML. It was pretty much easy-mode, because the range on those weapons was gross even without a module on. It had enough heat capacity to alpha twice and still be able to fire those two CLPL one more time. Bye, bye DIre Wolf.

To make it even more disgusting, it runs at 97 kph.

If I had bothered to purchase and skill the other variants...damn. Just...damn.

#33 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

Played a meta DW (PPC/Gauss) and this thing almost, almost made me regret buying a TW instead.
Such a pugchamp. This mech is just so so wrong. The desynch is minimal below 500m, not really an issue.

I almost had a quilty conscience eveytime i ended the match for medium mechs within the blink of an eye whenever they ran into me. Averaged like 4 kills in the games i played.

Not a pugchamp, a pug superstar.

Edited by meteorol, 29 August 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#34 Murcheson

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

I had a pretty good time - I tested out a Timberwolf, Cicada, Stormcrow and Adder.

The Stormcrow and Adder carried a pretty good load, but were too slow. I liked the Cicada, pretty fast and reasonable weapons load. The Timberwolf was the surprise, it was surprisingly nimble and carried a pretty good weapons load - and with the speed tweak assuming you go after the elite/master step up - I can see why so many players pilot them.

#35 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

It's been a good 24hr off.
I tried mech that I'll never bought with this nick, and I had fun.
Lol a lot with a ecm-commando: 0 damage, but a c-bill maker.
And yes, Timbers seemed to me too much perfect :P
Going to farm c-bill, now (but with my cda)

#36 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostMurcheson, on 29 August 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

I had a pretty good time - I tested out a Timberwolf, Cicada, Stormcrow and Adder.

The Stormcrow and Adder carried a pretty good load, but were too slow. I liked the Cicada, pretty fast and reasonable weapons load. The Timberwolf was the surprise, it was surprisingly nimble and carried a pretty good weapons load - and with the speed tweak assuming you go after the elite/master step up - I can see why so many players pilot them.

I recommend the cda to you. I bought three taking advantage of the Liao sale, and c-bill from the challenge.
After less than a week they are mastered. It was a good surprise.

#37 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

Tried a direwolf with 6ml, 2lpl and 2 lb10's, ridiculous firepower.

#38 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

The Summoner is really a gimped Heavy but even as gimped Heavy it is as good as the IS-Counterparts as it has more mobility, speed, surviveability.

The Lights lack some speed and have to be played as superlight Medium Mechs.

The Timberwolf is a beast and you simply do not need another Mech - 10 or 12 Timberwolfs can fill any role.

The Assaults need to be Gunboats that simply evaporate anything in front of them while their flanks and weak spots be guarded by their Team.

#39 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

Hang on didnt i read a post by PGI saying no changes had made it to Test server ? that it was the same build as was current on live server?

#40 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

that was the case for about an hour or so, then they added the changes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users