Still Desycing Often.

Issue

32 replies to this topic

#1 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Since the servers went back up, still getting pretty steady desyncs every game.

Can't pinpoint exactly, but usually when a bunch of people disconnect after being killed at one time
Usually thats when it starts happening, people die, disconnect, shortly afterwards desyncs start happening.

Or when lots of LRM's/MG's/AMS being fired ect.

My ping is down considerably (averaging 60-75) where previously was 90-110.

How is everyone else doing?

Edited by Mister D, 29 August 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#2 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

I'm sure there's some luck & technical gobbledygok involved, but my night's desyncing/disconnects/questionable-hitregs has been worse than ever.

#3 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:24 AM

I'm losing potential cash to desyncs. Never buying premium time again.

#4 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:07 AM

Still have the problem, now perhaps even more often than before, some times for 4-6 sec some times for 30-40 sec.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 30 August 2014 - 02:24 AM.

#5 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:36 AM

Still have problems. Even though my ping has gone down a bit. Was around 130 now it's around 105. Just played a match and again the annoying desynch problems. This is a pretty bad problem right now.

#6 RolloI

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 41 posts
  • Location[ITA]

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

View PostMister D, on 29 August 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Since the servers went back up, still getting pretty steady desyncs every game.

Can't pinpoint exactly, but usually when a bunch of people disconnect after being killed at one time
Usually thats when it starts happening, people die, disconnect, shortly afterwards desyncs start happening.

Or when lots of LRM's/MG's/AMS being fired ect.

My ping is down considerably (averaging 60-75) where previously was 90-110.

How is everyone else doing?

the problem is the server does not ping ...
I also 2 games 2 desync, impossible to play this way

Edited by RolloI, 30 August 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#7 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

Agreed. Still unstable.

#8 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:59 AM

Had a buddy of mine get booted out of the game twice last night while I experienced desyncs. Granted, the desyncs were not as bad/widespread as before, but they still occurred. In one example, I got pinned by an arty strike, but the game desynced at that exact moment. When it stopped, I discovered that my armor values had all been severely damaged. However, the desync had been such that I didn't even realize an arty strike had been dropped on me (No smoke, screenshake, etc.) - a fellow pilot had to tell me since I couldn't determine how I'd been so badly damaged!

Basically, I experienced a desync every match I played last night. The only real difference since the patch, has been that the desyncs only occur once or twice a match, rather than three or more, and that the duration of the desyncs is reduced. I'm still taking hits I shouldn't, missing shots I shouldn't, and experienced a degraded quality of gameplay.

#9 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Yesterday was great. No desyncs at all. Today however I desync a couple times each match. That is worse than before. Ping is still stable around 60.

#10 Frankenst3in

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

Worst night I've had in a while desync wise last night. Almost every game. Of course they were still (I believe) in the process of transferring stuff into the new data center, so hiccups were to be expected. The (hopeful) desync fix is also not yet live. (and no guarantee it will actually work once it does go live.) They are aware of it and working on it, but realistically, Desyncs are just going to be a fact of life in this game for a while longer. ;)

#11 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostRipper X, on 30 August 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Yesterday was great. No desyncs at all. Today however I desync a couple times each match. That is worse than before. Ping is still stable around 60.

Whereas yesterday was horrific for me, today has been seemingly mostly okay, so... (??? ;))

#12 Syncline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

I have consistently under 60 ping, yet I am getting a ludicrous amount of desync in every game. I am getting a desync roughly every 10 seconds and it lasts for 2-3 seconds. In addition, I had one crash to desktop today as well, which never happened prior to this patch's release.

This game is currently unplayable.

Edited by Syncline, 30 August 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#13 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

Yep, same.

#14 Doctor Young

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

My ping is about 30, but I've been disconnected from 3 matches in a row now. Desyncs every game tonight. This is insane and completely unplayable. My premium week from the challenge is a total waste. I was hoping the new servers would make things better but it's much much worse for me.

#15 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Just now I de-synched from a game, disconnected, and now it will not reconnect to the game at all.. Says "disconnected from server" every time I try to rejoin it.

As I've suggested before, your desyncing problems seem to have something to do with your network rejoin code, as that is when they started happening to everyone. I urge you guys to check into those specific changes, and perhaps roll them back to see whether it fixes the issues.

#16 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:07 AM

Up until today, I didn't see any disconnected players and experienced no desyncing. Twice now, I've been victim to an extended desync, lasting PAST the game timer... I don't think it would ever catch back up if I didn't "quit match." Last game, the desync happened right at the end, when we needed to kill one more enemy mech. I quit after sitting there for two minutes... rejoined immediately... the game was already over. Once, I had a short desync, followed by the game speeding back up to the current time when someone disconnected--just like before the "fix."

My ping was never bad, sitting at 67, and now it fluctuates between 67 and 45, so that's good, but I don't think it really matters. On top of the desyncs, I've been experiencing general lag... for example, when in my Raven earlier, my RT was cored, so I was being extra careful. A dual gauss Yagger shows up to my front left, I immediately turned my torso to my right to shield that side, yet, his gauss shots blow up that side by hitting my left. I'm guessing on his screen, I hadn't yet turned.

I never had any faith anyways.

#17 Blood Skar

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

Agreed yeah.
Still desynching now and then - seems a tad better than it was. But still getting occasional long desynchs amongst the fairly regular small ones.

Ping seems a bit better -10 MS or so for me in the UK.

Edited by Blood Skar, 31 August 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#18 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

I have tried to pay attention when/what it happens no real pattern.
The event will last about 20 seconds. Every other or third game about once per game
Wasted the last day of my premium in frustration. Would get kicked with a network error message. THAT WAS THE WORSE PART
One of my best games in the banshee, 5 kills still healthy got behind them no telling the outcome -got kicked couldn't rejoin same network error over and over ffs

#19 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

Now there are several small desyncs every game, every 2 or 3 games you get a big one that kills the game for everybody.

#20 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:34 AM

Last night, desync'ed maybe 3 times in 9 hours of play, each time i did not disconnect and after about 30 secs, the game kind went into Fast Forward and caught up with itself.

Miraculously it only resulted in my death once!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users