Video

12 replies to this topic

#1 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

You know how it is. You're in a drop and you happen to be doing random drops and you check the map to see who is doing what and you see half the team running after a light 'mech on some mindless squirrel chase.

Needless to say, I took matters into my own hands, to get the rest of the team back on task.

#2 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

Can you make one thread and consolidate all your videos in there? Thanks!

#3 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

The number of times I see one jenner, locust or spider baiting half the team to follow them and they do is shocking. Everyone in a pug seems to run to first contact and not look at what they are chasing. Then I have to question, who received more damage. The squirrel or the teammates that just got in the way of "my" firing.

From just about where you were standing in the video, is where I would set up to take out the Lights with LRMs. Almost all squirrels run the same track as that jenner did. I would need to fire for 15 to 20 seconds to kill it though.

Nice shoot

#4 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

Dang if I were that Jenner, I'd be so mad right now.

#5 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

I guess baiting is just another combat tactic.

#6 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

that shot wow

nice shooting tex

#7 Khaze

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

It's pretty funny what a reaction you can incite in the enemy team with a single light in their backside. More so with tag equipped. So many people just completely drop whatever they were doing and chase you to the gates of hell if need be.

#8 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

View PostHeffay, on 30 August 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

Can you make one thread and consolidate all your videos in there? Thanks!
What? Does it cause super internet congestion to separate the videos of very different subject matter out into their own threads?

No, but seriously dude, I keep them separate because SOMETIMES my videos are controversial and incite a long, LONG thread.

If I happen to have multiple videos that did that in ONE thread... Well, keeping track of the discussion points could get difficult.

Don't want to deal with the way I do things in on the MWO forums, then I invite you to subscribe to my YouTube channel, where the presentation is different.

#9 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Sweet! Finally get to see the quad gauss daishi! Nice shot!

#10 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

View Postshellashock, on 30 August 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

Sweet! Finally get to see the quad gauss daishi! Nice shot!
More videos of Gausszilla at https://www.youtube....a2eb1kVTvd4AZWA

#11 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 30 August 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

What? Does it cause super internet congestion to separate the videos of very different subject matter out into their own threads?

No, but seriously dude, I keep them separate because SOMETIMES my videos are controversial and incite a long, LONG thread.

If I happen to have multiple videos that did that in ONE thread... Well, keeping track of the discussion points could get difficult.

Don't want to deal with the way I do things in on the MWO forums, then I invite you to subscribe to my YouTube channel, where the presentation is different.

It's the generally accepted rule in Fan Art. The mods have asked us in the past to keep it to one thread with updates so it doesn't get cluttered. If you're going to make a habit of posting your matches, it's easy to just update your video thread.

And if you're posting in fan art about gameplay issues, then you're posting in the wrong forum anyway.

Edited by Heffay, 30 August 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#12 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostHeffay, on 30 August 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

It's the generally accepted rule in Fan Art. The mods have asked us in the past to keep it to one thread with updates so it doesn't get cluttered. If you're going to make a habit of posting your matches, it's easy to just update your video thread.

And if you're posting in fan art about gameplay issues, then you're posting in the wrong forum anyway.
I post interesting things here, sometimes they include game play issues.

#13 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

I agree that this is a very real-

SQUIRREL!!!

Wait, what was I saying? :)

Isn't that about the sum of it though? It's amazing how an entire firing line will disintegrate after the appearance of one Light Mech. I usually run slower Mechs, and nearly always get caught left holding the bag when my team falls away to chase the rabbit or squirrel (whichever you prefer :P).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users