291 replies to this topic

#1 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

It's Not hard to go through the fight data and find the variables that balance out the damage each mech can deliver. It don't take nerf after nerf after nerf after hot fix, after nerf after hot fix after nerf to balance out the Clan mechs. What you guys seem to be doing is trying to balance out skill level and ingenuity of some of the more advanced pilots to compensate for the lack of skill of the weekend warriors.

Skill seems to be the only variable that YOU CAN'T NERF, the only way to achieve what PGI has set as a goal is to nerf clan mechs so badly you would have to be a skilled clan pilot to get the average damage of an unskilled IS pilot. Lets really look at who actually bought clan mechs, typically they where pilots that had been around for a while and wanted to either invest in the game for more content, those that just had to have the new shinny toys and had money to burn, or people who knew the lore and wanted the best mech they could get and took the chance that the clan mechs would live up to what they where supposed to be. Either way we are the core of the game.. we spend the money, we keep the servers full, and enough is enough!!!

Dire Wolfs where released for purchase a few days ago and I ain't seen so many dead Dire Wolfs in my life and I've played every version of Mechwarrior from day one. IS players are starting to learn that clan mechs are not what they where billed to be and getting worse after every patch. Even the CLAN MECHS ARE OP crowd are starting to say that with a smile on their face and giggle when people aren't looking.

Clanners have suffered enough changes to weapon builds and play styles, It seems PGI will nerf our mechs till we squeal louder than the IS to nerf them, Well I'm saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Buff the IS mechs, let them do more damage.. let them have equal range but leave us Clanners alone for a while. I've lost too many friends that don't play anymore, they feel like PGI tricked them with the capabilities of the clan mechs just to nerf the hell out of them. I want balance like all competitive players but making mechs like the Nova hardly playable with it's stock build is not the way to do it.

And if you EVER touch my TimberWolf again I'm gone and the $700.00 - $1000.00+ a year I spend on this game is gone too.. To me that's a few good lunches but how many can you afford to lose PGI.

UPDATES:

1. At about a 70% to 30% Clan Mech are NOT OP as they stand.

2. I just Pre-Ordered Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, Not a rage quit, but a insurance policy on my gaming quality of life, if PGI can't keep me happy then someone else will.

3. When (if) I do leave, I'll raffle my account off with passwords, you can have the full load of clan mechs and 20+ others.. I won't be needing them.

Edited by mongo2006, 31 August 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#2 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

HELL YEAH

#3 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

Yeah... That stock Nova was very generous lol

#4 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

Sorry OP, but Clan mechs need to be nerfed and im a predominantly Clan mech pilot these days.
Clan mechs are so much more powerful than IS mechs I find it funny when people try to justify why Clan mechs shouldn't be nerfed. In this game IS & Clan mechs are supposed to be different but equal, but its actually different but Clan mechs are clearly superior (except their lights, but those brawl harder than IS mediums or even some heavies).

#5 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 29 August 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Sorry OP, but Clan mechs need to be nerfed and im a predominantly Clan mech pilot these days.
Clan mechs are so much more powerful than IS mechs I find it funny when people try to justify why Clan mechs shouldn't be nerfed. In this game IS & Clan mechs are supposed to be different but equal, but its actually different but Clan mechs are clearly superior (except their lights, but those brawl harder than IS mediums or even some heavies).

NO NO NO NO

clans were ALWAYS meant to be stronger, in ever single book, game, and lore, they were meant to be superior for the first few years. it takes a while for innersphere to upgrade their weaponry

#6 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

Ace I respect your opinion, I don't agree with it, because I started playing this game in a Jager and with 2x Uac5 and my 2x PPC I have waxed 90% of the Timber Wolf I've come across.

I'm just saying to Buff IS and leave Clanners alone for a while.. IS players would LOVE a buff and I would even say need one.

Damien man ain't you learned by now they don't give a hoot about lore it's all about $$$$$$$

#7 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

View PostAce Selin, on 29 August 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Clan mechs do need some nerfs, but the extent of how much nerfing they need and more importantly, "WHERE," is very overexaggerated. People saw the 90% stat and took it as meaning, "OMG Clans are 90% more OP!" instead of what it really means, which is only, "Clans have an advantage."

Give me a Timberwolf with nothing but a small laser that generates ghost heat with 1 shot, and I guarantee you I'll make some pugs cry that it's OP.

#8 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

View PostDamien Tokala, on 29 August 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

NO NO NO NO

clans were ALWAYS meant to be stronger, in ever single book, game, and lore, they were meant to be superior for the first few years. it takes a while for innersphere to upgrade their weaponry

They also bid to fight using as few resources as possible. If you would like to put a star in against a company of IS, sure. Plenty of other "honor" restrictions too, if you want to play according to lore.

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

View Postmongo2006, on 29 August 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

And if you EVER touch my TimberWolf again I'm gone

You can keep your ridiculously OP Timberwolf if they restore the usability of my Victors.

My Timberwolves had k/d ratios of 12:1 at one stage. We both know they are stupidly over-powered relative to other Mechs.

#10 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

You should have known if you bought the Phoenix / Overlord packages. Because i have seen this already coming for miles. Many people failed to see that they just have payed alot of money for a simple asset / model which PGI can change anytime at will.

Not that i can blame you or them expecting or hoping that PGI would change their behaviour. I dont tell you were to spend money on but i can only advice.

You're the sort of people who are encouraging PGI bad behaviour by spending buck loads of money. Please dont be offended. I dont ment to. How do you honestly think PGI or better said IGP will change when they earn this way money cheap and fast?

With each patch implented all i saw is a MC battlemech for cash and a few fixes. A few fixes? Yes, a few fixes. We have a huge list waiting for a fix, still waiting because PGI's cycle is the same as always. It clearly showed people are willing to spend alot of money for cheap assets.

I would not be surprised if CW will hit another paywall soon. Or perhaps a grinding matter like the current modules.

You and more people should be more skeptical before putting that amount of money again. When you dont break PGI's cycle how is PGI suppose to learn that the company is using a bad paymodel and leaving the game in such a poor state while tons of people are waiting for a fix.

Edited by Sarlic, 29 August 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#11 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostXtrekker, on 29 August 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

They also bid to fight using as few resources as possible. If you would like to put a star in against a company of IS, sure. Plenty of other "honor" restrictions too, if you want to play according to lore.

i have every intention of playing the same way as clans do, however, good luck getting the general populace to follow suit. on rare occasions my team will agree with another team (premade groups) to play as clans should.

#12 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN USA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

Just implement a Battle value system and be done with it. No more whining just field it and have some fun.

#13 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

While the first Clan invasion was devastating, the Successor States eventually rallied when they realized that Clan mech pilots are extremely inexperienced with fighting multiple enemies at once. While the Clans often possessed more advanced technology and better-trained warriors than the Successor States, concentrated attacks using disproportionately massed numbers of technically inferior units proved effective at overwhelming them.

#14 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

That does not work in a 12 v 12 game come on

#15 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:13 PM

12:1, is that all? I had a Spider that had 15 kills and 0 deaths.

It was also against Clan honor for a MechWarrior to engage a 'Mech that someone else had already engaged.

#16 Procyon Alpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

BTW I have yet to see a proper clan warrior in this game. Just look at the load outs that are being fielded.

#17 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:16 PM

View PostYeshua Kerensky, on 29 August 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

That does not work in a 12 v 12 game come on

it DOES work, you innersphere players need to target the greatest threat first, use the C3 computer to scan for the most lethal loadout, then target that mech. target the timberwolves first, PRIORITY, then the dire wolves, then the stormcrows, then the rest.

you need to work as a team and demolish designated target first.

View PostYeshua Kerensky, on 29 August 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

BTW I have yet to see a proper clan warrior in this game. Just look at the load outs that are being fielded.

to the contrary i use a TRO TBR-A variant. and my TBR-PRIME will always remain stock

Configured specifically for long range, direct fire combat, the A configuration of the Timber Wolf is armed with a pair of ER PPCs. These give the Timber Wolf A the capability of stripping nearly two tons of armor off of an enemy 'Mech at extreme ranges. For close combat, the A configuration has three Medium Pulse Lasers, an ER Small Laser, and a Streak SRM-6 to find any weak points in an enemy's armor

Edited by Damien Tokala, 29 August 2014 - 11:19 PM.

#18 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:18 PM

Sarlic I totally agree with you, I've really not bought MC after seeing how big the CT was on the Direwolf when they came out. I have over 50 mechs pretty much even between IS and Clan So I know both sides. So I'll take your advice and hold off on spending anymore till PGI settles down.

Edited by mongo2006, 29 August 2014 - 11:19 PM.

#19 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

no balance and communityi warfare is a waste of time

either accepts clan nerfs or IS buffs

#20 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:32 PM

View PostFatYak, on 29 August 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

no balance and communityi warfare is a waste of time

either accepts clan nerfs or IS buffs

See we have common ground FatYak so lets work on that. If the two branches are unbalanced then yes make them balanced but Clan mechs have been nerfed to the point that some of the mech variants are going to have a hard time with even the build they came with, designed to have, so go the other way and buff IS and see how that goes before they unbalance Clan mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users