#41 kiriage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

was 270..now high 400's

Cairns, Australia

Hit reg bizarrely seems better..although I did change from ADSL to ADSL2+ whilst the server transitioned.

#42 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostDaemonhunter, on 30 August 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

Before: ~225ms
After: ~320ms

My ping before the move was fairly consistently around 225ms, which was a disadvantage but a playable one (we New Zealanders generally take that sort of thing as a given for most online games). Unfortunately now it's mostly over 300ms, usually in the 315-340 range (sometimes higher), with lots of desyncs occurring. This does not create a satisfactory gaming experience, and I expect I am not the only player who would be forced to abandon the game if it doesn't improve. This would be a shame since I've sunk a fair few $ into it and have enjoyed it enough to overlook various bugs, but this particular issue is not one that can be easily ignored.

Judging from the comments so far, it generally looks like the ping only improved for people who already had a good ping in the first place. Those who most needed a boost have been hurt considerably. It's like tax hikes for the poor to give tax breaks to the wealthy. I sincerely hope these are just teething issues on the new setup and that there is something that can be done to fine-tune the servers and improve performance where it is actually needed.

PS: it's even more annoying that this should occur when a lot of us still have premium time from the last challenge, which is now going to waste...
I have premium time I've payed for ticking away, but can't use due to these connection issues. The more I investigate it (because I'm pissed my premium time is going unused), PGI essentially excluding part of their player base (mainly those which will have money invested/spent on the game), through no fault of the players; is leaving PGI way to open to legal/class action.

Long story short, I have payed for a product I can not use, through no action or fault of my own.

Edited by Mokey Mot, 30 August 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#43 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

just had a match where my ping spiked anywhere from 270 to 600. Hit registration is bloody terrible

#44 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

For the complainants from the Asia regions, do some traceroutes and post them.
If like another Aus based player your all being routed through Europe, that is not PGI's problem nor is it there fault, that's down to ISP and above.

(probably the first time i have defended PGI and i feel sick)

#45 Amardez

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 31 August 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

If like another Aus based player your all being routed through Europe, that is not PGI's problem nor is it there fault, that's down to ISP and above.

This is too common to be down to one or two ISP's, if it is a standard then it is PGI who should have done the leg work and checked what the end result for MOST people would have been all of OZ and NZ (every player i know who lives in OZ and NZ has been affected) and even some eastern block people (from what is saw and redit and people i have talked to in those few games i managed to get into and not really play) is too many to have not realized if they were doing a good job of checking these things out. So yes it is their fault not so much for they way ISP(s) rout done but for not checking first it is a total lack of due dalliance.

#46 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

View PostAmardez, on 31 August 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

This is too common to be down to one or two ISP's, if it is a standard then it is PGI who should have done the leg work and checked what the end result for MOST people would have been all of OZ and NZ (every player i know who lives in OZ and NZ has been affected) and even some eastern block people (from what is saw and redit and people i have talked to in those few games i managed to get into and not really play) is too many to have not realized if they were doing a good job of checking these things out. So yes it is their fault not so much for they way ISP(s) rout done but for not checking first it is a total lack of due dalliance.

Really? You want them to go and ask tier 1 and 2 ISP's how they will route their traffic?
There is a chap from melbourne in another thread who's ping has improved, so it is not every Aus and NZ player at all.

Has the new move boned a good number of you, yes it appears to have done so, is that down to PGI well perhaps a little for moving servers, but in large it's down at the Tier 1 and 2 ISP level, for routing traffic in such a ******** way.

This is not a unique situation, it happens all the time ISP forums are littered with these problems, i remember having the same issues with Virgin and Telia's routing to blizzard servers, it takes a long long time to get ISP's to fix it, lot's of traceroutes showing the problem (and in the end lots of people migrating ISP lol)

Same reason why from a UK perspective i left Virgin Media, my ping here was 130+ moving to sky it was 100 or less and now 90 or less.
I get a better ping from the UK than most Americans do.

Edited by DV McKenna, 31 August 2014 - 12:40 AM.

#47 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

Strange that I can't find an offical feedback thread for this.

Region: Central EU
Old ping: 150
New ping: 113-124

#48 Amardez

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 31 August 2014 - 12:36 AM, said:

Really? You want them to go and ask tier 1 and 2 ISP's how they will route their traffic?
There is a chap from melbourne in another thread who's ping has improved, so it is not every Aus and NZ player at all.

Has the new move boned a good number of you, yes it appears to have done so, is that down to PGI well perhaps a little for moving servers, but in large it's down at the Tier 1 and 2 ISP level, for routing traffic in such a ******** way.

This is not a unique situation, it happens all the time ISP forums are littered with these problems, i remember having the same issues with Virgin and Telia's routing to blizzard servers, it takes a long long time to get ISP's to fix it, lot's of traceroutes showing the problem (and in the end lots of people migrating ISP lol)

Same reason why from a UK perspective i left Virgin Media, my ping here was 130+ moving to sky it was 100 or less and now 90 or less.
I get a better ping from the UK than most Americans do.

The Reason I used caps for most is because there is almost always exceptions to the rule.

As to Knowing the internet they provide goods all be it Digital and services over the internet so know how it works and what effects their changes will make to their costumes is the very core of their business, the quality of game(s) is a moot point if they can not proved it to their costumes.

Now as for going and asking every ISP not at all they would tender a contract for a company the specialties in that kind of thing just like when you want to open a Cafe or shop you if you are doing your due dalliance would pay someone to do a Survey of the area looking at things like foot traffic and likely customer flows. Just because it is Digital is no excuse to ignore things like that, but you are quite right it happens to other games that however makes it even worse they have other peoples sins they could have learnt from.

and as a side note on a firer connection going from NZ to US i am still +300. 1 have one link in Auckland then the next which is just a IP number is listed as US

#49 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

My ping didnt move

Location EU

Edited by Idealsuspect, 31 August 2014 - 06:03 AM.

#50 DarthPayne

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 51 posts
  • LocationLucerne, Switzerland

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

In-game pings:
Old: 145-165 ms
New: 100-190 ms
ISP: UPC Cablecom, 125 MBit/s down, 10 Mbit/s up.
Local Network: Modem CATV Cable Modem Ubee EVM3200, Router AVM FritzBox 7390, Gigabit Ethernet Cabling

Two hops more in the tracert now. Much more ping deviation. Was much more stable before. A much higher degree of warping and higher number of desynced games.

Tracert:
Spoiler

#51 Gerdskies

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

whats really pissing me off is that they arent replying to tickets on this issue

#52 ei8ht

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 82 posts
  • Locationobscured by ECM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

FWIW I'm happy to see lower pings on my end, average lower by 30 ~ 50ms.

OTOH still getting occasional desyncs, better than before but still happening.

#53 RolloI

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 41 posts
  • Location[ITA]

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Region : ITA
Latency before : 165-180ms
Latency now : 190-210ms
ping worse
for me too :angry:

Edited by RolloI, 31 August 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#54 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

After playing a bit with the new patch I saw more of the old :
-De-syncing/warping mechs
-Game freezes, which occur seemingly random
-Laser (any kind) hitreg is far off
-PPC/Gauss hitreg is not properly accepting all "hits" (not refering to crosshair´s "red-glow-on-damage fade-out time")
-Rocket hitreg of any kind is acceptable
-AC hitreg is acceptable

We need some more work in these fields please, so in other words : you know what to do with the "TestServer" soon, aye ?

#55 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

May be the new data center is cheaper but cutting out a whole continent worth of customers probably it is not the best idea for business.

#56 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

Mine increased 9% from 219 to 239.

GG PGI.

Edited by Appogee, 31 August 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#57 SwalerD

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

As Mokey Mot stated before, I too have premium time ticking away that I can't use. Literally can't. My ping has gone from an average of 110-118ms to a whopping 4000+ (it even capped out at around 7500 one match).It now takes around 8 seconds to register target lock and another 5-10 seconds for the missiles to fire, weaponry never hits because what I'm shooting at has either long gone or killed me.

I really wish I was kidding about the figures too, but this problem is so extreme it's not even worth playing anymore. I've sunk a fair bit of cash into this game in the form of paints, camos, cockpit items, 16 heros, 2 champs and four clanners(as well as the sarah's jenner) and, as you guys can probably guess by this being my second post, I never complain about stuff on the forums...mostly because I take game changes and glitches as par for the course. But to completely break the game for me....that's not cricket, old beans.

PGI, you owe it to me, and to every other loyal MWO fan out there, to sort this problem out FAST.

Sincerely,

Disgruntled.

#58 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

My ping doubled. I was always below 70 and usually between 50 and 60.

Now it's always over 100, and hovers between 110-120

Northern Central US

Way to go PGI, you found something new to screw up.

#59 Carlos Vinson

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Scenic S. MPLS

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostLordBaconPants, on 29 August 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

My ping has shot up quite considerably since the patch. Makes firing on the run nigh impossible

Same here. Before 65-75 now 160-180.

#60 WarHorseOne

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 31 August 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

No routing through the Europe this time but still getting an in game ping around 340ms.
Spoiler

Spoiler

View PostMarmon Rzohr, on 31 August 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

Strange that I can't find an offical feedback thread for this.

Region: Central EU
Old ping: 150
New ping: 113-124

View PostGerdskies, on 31 August 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

whats really pissing me off is that they arent replying to tickets on this issue

Public holiday / long weekend in Canada, I doubt we see anything remotely official even recognising this till at least Wednesday down-under time.

*Crosses fingers and waits patiently for a speedy resolution*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users