Is Lights

76 replies to this topic

#21 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Trying to tell players that lights don't need massive speed is like trying to tell new players that LRM's don't need nerfed. It can't possibly be that they are bad at the game...

#22 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 August 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Capitals might be needed. I'll go ahead and test:

Yep it just needed capitals thanks!

#23 FDJustin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

We all get the point of your post. We just think it's a weak argument that sheds no actual reason to change anyone's mind and fails to prove your point of "clans are fine".

Also, there are legitimately feel that IS lights are OP due to the speed advantage, and do cry for nerfs because of it. These people are dumb.

Edited by FDJustin, 30 August 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#24 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 30 August 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

All you're confirming is that you're playing Clan Lights wrong. IS Lights are fine.

All you are confirming is that you still have not understood my post. It is not about how I play clan lights. It is about the perception of people against clan mechs in general. Since you continue to fail to understand this, NERF IS LIGHTS. LMAO

#25 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

LOL, IS lights are good because they have trigger discipline?

No, they're good because they can unload a really big short duration medium laser alpha or two and then run away at high speed to use their 2.0 dhs engine heat sinks to dump heat. Meanwhile, the assault/heavy they just shot has to use his engine 2.0 as well as his out of engine 1.4 dhs to cool down from the firefight they were in when they were shot. The Jenner/Firestarter is laughing at this point, because he's already back around the corner, delivering another volley.

Then the Jenner/Firestarter gets crippled by the heavy/assault that showed up late to the game and blew off their leg, and then pleads that life isn't fair for them because they're so vulnerable, ignoring that both clan lights are just as vulnerable while being 2/3 as fast.

#26 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostFDJustin, on 30 August 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

Also, there are legitimately feel that IS lights are OP due to the speed advantage, and do cry for nerfs because of it. These people are dumb.

So you think the Kit Fox should be able to fit a bigger engine?

#27 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 30 August 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

I can put up 700 to 900 games in my Ember. I can also put up 400 to 500 games in a spider and jenner. I have yet to break 400 in a kitfox or adder. I am sure others have, but going by the mentality of the forums, since I cant put up those numbers, NERF IS LIGHTS!

I don't have the Adder, but I've also put up 500-700 damage games with 5+ kills in my Ember, and it's not even mastered while the other Firestarters are just basiced. My Jenners and Spiders are the same deal, big damage numbers. Big part is LOL hit registration on fast moving IS light mechs.

#28 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostFDJustin, on 30 August 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

We all get the point of your post. We just think it's a weak argument that sheds no actual reason to change anyone's mind and fails to prove your point of "clans are fine".

YES! Someone is finally understanding it! This is the problem with almost every single NERF CLAN MECH post! They are almost always weak and have poor argument points. But for some reason they keep nerfing ****.

#29 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 30 August 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

YES! Someone is finally understanding it! This is the problem with almost every single NERF CLAN MECH post! They are almost always weak and have poor argument points. But for some reason they keep nerfing ****.

The thing is as I said before... Clan XL needs some sort of nerfs. Everything else is subjective past that simple point.

#30 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

I like where this thread is headed. Allllllllll abooaaarrrd! :-)

To add to the confusion. Not only do we need to nerf the IS lights but we need to nerf the CN9-D, and the cicadas too, there is no reason for anything to move that quick. Trolol...

#31 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostSaxie, on 30 August 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

To add to the confusion. Not only do we need to nerf the IS lights but we need to nerf the CN9-D, and the cicadas too, there is no reason for anything to move that quick. Trolol...

LMAO All aboard!

#32 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostSaxie, on 30 August 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

You forgot the Trebuchet-3C! Those buckets clean up EVERYTHING.

#33 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Wow OP, just, wow...
Posted Image

Edited by Coralld, 30 August 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#34 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

Just as clan mechs should't be nerfed to bring them in line with the crappier IS mechs that were crappy before clans, IS lights do not need to be nerfed to be brought in line with the clans "tiny mediums" that can't function the way IS lights do.

#35 Bacl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUsually between a rock and a Atlas

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Hmm so far IS light mechs are the only class kicking the butt of the clans, mediums and above are at a disadvantage.

Dont nerf the last bastion of the IS! Whats next? Nerfing the Locust because you cant see anything trough its canopy, because its too fast or even load too much weapons for the clans liking?

Edited by Bacl, 30 August 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#36 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

I'm kind of curious to watch what the OP does when clans get Firemoths, and everyone is screaming 400kmph lights are unfair.

#37 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 30 August 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

What is the alternative play style you are proposing for, say, IS heavies to keep pace with the Timberwolf?

#38 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 30 August 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I'm kind of curious to watch what the OP does when clans get Firemoths, and everyone is screaming 400kmph lights are unfair.

I don't think they will say anything.

1) It has MASC. We're unlikely to see it for a long time, if ever.
2) It's a 20 ton mech. It will go slightly faster than a locust, but it will have like...6 tons of pod space.

This is not the light mech equalizer you are looking for.

#39 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostBacl, on 30 August 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

Hmm so far IS light mechs are the only class kicking the butt of the clans, mediums and above are at a disadvantage.

That's a bit of a generalization. But then nobody seems to be interested in which IS mechs are OP anymore.

#40 EboneezeeR

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationDallas, LONE ST4R ST4TE, US

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Wow! IS Light's are OP!? WTF? Dude are you on prescripted medication really? Just stop taking drugs yo...
I on Caustic "Vally" saw today how firestarter was blown in pieces by AC20 in mid air. They are not OP, they are easy pray.

Edited by EboneezeeR, 30 August 2014 - 04:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users