Any "lore" Based Davion Units Out There?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

As in the title, just wondering if any of the current batch of Davion Units are steeped in the lore and tradition of our glorious Federated Suns?

I know that no direct from lore unit names are allowed (good call PGI, in my opinion) so I'm not looking to find anyone trying to cheat the naming conventions, rather, more looking for units that use the ranks, mechs, paint schemes, and lore inspired unit names, and if so, in what ways?

Cheers!

-Rip

#2 LegioIV

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 33 posts
  • Location66th Avalon hussars.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 30 August 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

As in the title, just wondering if any of the current batch of Davion Units are steeped in the lore and tradition of our glorious Federated Suns?

I know that no direct from lore unit names are allowed (good call PGI, in my opinion) so I'm not looking to find anyone trying to cheat the naming conventions, rather, more looking for units that use the ranks, mechs, paint schemes, and lore inspired unit names, and if so, in what ways?

Cheers!

-Rip

The 66th Avalon Hussars uses ranks (or close to it based off A fed tech book.) A Recommend color scheme of red with gray closely based of lore and actually started out as the 22nd ( http://www.sarna.net..._Avalon_Hussars ) We are hoping to get ready for Com warfare and desperately need more people we have 10 so far so bring your friends! :P LOVE US! haha

Edited by Legioxx, 17 September 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#3 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

That's awesome man!

Since I posted this, I actually created the 8th Davion Guards (so far only an army of yours truly and my buddy, but hey, my favorite part of this game, the lore, is as intact as I can make it) in the proud tradition of House Davion's finest.

Glad to know there are other lore devoted units out there.

I'd be tempted to join up, except that, no offense, but the 22nd fought for Katherine...and that's one thing that the Dude can NOT abide. ;)

I'm strictly on the Pro-Victor side of that one. B)

Either way, cheers! And we'll see you folks in game! :)

#4 LegioIV

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 33 posts
  • Location66th Avalon hussars.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:30 PM

well the 22nd is dead we are now the 66th! :P (nod to starwars lol) haha still awesome if you are on the new Avalon team speak jump down to the 66th and play with us!

as the 22nd thing we found out too late.. that was our bad. Im a Davion heart and soul. lol

Edited by Legioxx, 17 September 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#5 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

the 22nd Argyle Lancers are based on the SLDF regiment that sided with Davion, the 1st Argyle Lancers.
http://www.sarna.net..._Argyle_Lancers

#6 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:49 PM

Posted Image

The HeadHunters of Davion follows Davion culture, honor, morals, paint scheme (red/yellow/black), and unit layouts for the most part. Veterans and newer actives welcome

In Teamspeak 3, we are in a House Davion server, with anywhere from 10 players online (minimum) to as many as 30!!!!

"HHOD" in-game and HHOD.com

General Aylward says it better:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/167687-headhunters-of-davion-hhod-recruiting/

or the archived thread at:

http://mwomercs.com/...hod-recruiting/

#7 Lanceafer

• PipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

Ill throw in one more. The Davion Royal House Guards. We have ranks and culture based on the greatest house in the inner sphere. Mandatory color scheme on out mechs in the good old White, Blue, and Red. We get many comments when we take the field dressed in the house colors. Good to see another "lore" based group out there.

#8 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

Dark Horse Regiment is based off a regiment of the Eridani Light Horse. They are mercenaries, but they are pretty much permanently linked with house Davion. They also have heavy ties to old SLDF traditions.

#9 DJO Maverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

The Golden Foxes are also fairly canon oriented, with our fair share of lore fiends.

We are set up as as a fictional additional FedCom RCT, and use all canon FedCom ranks. We also fly the gold and blue of the FedCom RCTs.

We are primarily casual, but keep a steady group online and are having fun getting going with CW. Looking forward to seeing how the campaign develops...

#10 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

Just did my first CW drop with a bunch of folks from Golden Foxes DJO...and it was awesome. :D

#11 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

Posted Image

HeadHunters Grim Determination

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users