122 replies to this topic

#21 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives Compact.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

if taken with a grain of salt and a few beers, the are a good bunch. In Fact they have helped us survive the lies and betrayal of the false one. and for that we are truly grateful. they have some very intelligent members and some a wee bit less. But the open the doors to all play style and give the members freedom. Some like this style. as it shows. Some prefer a more militaristic command, or just weekend warrior play. Just like religion. we have a choice.

Skwaak all you want my bird like brethren.

An if i see anyone take out a teammate on my watch. we will make sure you burn in your mech.
can you spell Honor.. sure you can..

Sabbs

Edited by Sabbathiel, 05 September 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#22 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives Compact.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:17 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 04 September 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Since you mentioned it Stoneblade, might as well post this.

Nice video .. well done..

#23 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:24 PM

Aren't Goons kind of like Spaceballs?

Goons? Oh $h!t, there goes the Inner Sphere....

#24 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

Ah, I remember the good old days of MWO Beta when Goons were plentiful.
I haven't heard a good "SQUAWK" in a while. Dare I say it; I kind of miss it?
You guys coming back?

#25 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

With unit creation, they have the tag "WoL"

It good to see active players all around. :)

#26 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 10 September 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

With unit creation, they have the tag "WoL"

Wake On Lan?
Well, it's good to know I can wake them up by sending a magic packet to their nic card. I know. I know. Geek humor.

#27 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

*Smacks lips Imperiously at the Goon*

Newbie, I was with Liao before SA existed. I never put in tenbux, but I do put my time in to try to understand anyone who puts the faction flag next to their handle and means it, even if it's for silly reasons.

And yes, if you weren't in MPBT on GEnie- compared to me, you are a newbie. There was one absolute that you learned as an Ur-Cappie.

Anyone who puts the flag on is ours, until and if they screw up with "family", as it were. You wanna be a giant birdman from outer Peripherhicksville? Be my guest. Tikonov, St. Ives, Liao-loony Death Commando or Derp Commando. If you take the burden of being the collective punching bag for FedRats and Elsies and give your lumps and take em- you're One of Us.

I have a dream. It is a dream, that through the most traditional of Liao methods - that is, treachery and a knowledge of underhanded tactics that went down to the very depths of the original MechWarrior coding - I have achieved once, decades ago.

It was a sea of red and green stars, surrounding a lonely New Avalon as we literally took every world against over 5:1 odds. About 15+:1 if you'd only counted Liao forces, but we had the Kuritans in on the stomp.

If I could have bottled the Davion tears , the aged vintage would be now worth thousands for the sweet, delicious quality taste, with notes of smoky butthurt and the faintest of burn. Every Liao homeworld under our control, not a single Davion one save the lonely world that the game would not allow conquered, conquered.

Total domination. It needs to happen again. Without unity, it cannot. And having some random tell me "LOL TK THE GOONZ, THEY ARE TEH EVILZ!!!1!!" is ****. Worse, it removes people from doing what needs doing. Shooting Fedrats in the face.

I think people need to understand this. You don't have the luxury of serious fratricide because you can't afford to lose people or units in Liao. A Feddie unit goes TROLOLOLOLO off to randomly circlejerk on some Kuritan planet way off the main line of attack, they don't give a flying fig. There's six more waiting in line to hit the spot needed, because Team WE ARE GOODGUYS,LOL is an overpopulated traffic jam. A Liao unit does it, kiss six-seven worlds bye-bye.

That's how the math works. Heck, even in 2014, it'll still work. And here you are piddling on one the most Liao-ish groups, behind all the SQUAWK jokes outside of MWO. If we get CW, I'd be sending cookies to Mittens, just because he's got the twisted, deviant and yet organized mind that fits this faction like a latex-gloved proctologist, ready to give Davion the deep colonic inspection they richly deserve.

So, are you going to be a TK douchebag and bend our collective backsides up for a Sun-And-Sword-Squealer,or get with the program and backstab everyone BUT Liao players like a proper Cappie should?

#28 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

I will oppose GOONS at every turn.
They need to be expelled from Liao or any other house that they reside in.
They do not own Liao.
Liao doesn't welcome them.

Yaking about past pipe dreams/glories does nothing to change the fact that they are a disaster imported from another game.

Clearly there is no GOON community worth commenting upon as they must always seek to subvert others in order to sow discord and chaos. Unable to build their own communities, only able to pervert, then destroy communities around them, they are to be exterminated when encountered. The same way a surgeon cuts out a cancer to save the patients life.

You speak for no one but the GOONS. A self proclaimed agent of chaos.

As chief spokes person for the GOONS I find your ranting mantra discombobulating and meaningless.

Go away.

#29 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

Gorgo7, I want you to see this, you may have skimmed over it:

View Postwanderer, on 10 September 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Anyone who puts the flag on is ours, until and if they screw up with "family", as it were.

I've been a Capcon since I first learned how to play Battletech, was dissappointed that in MW4 you were a Davion Scion. Even at conventions Liao is the redheaded step child of the Inner Sphere. Just remember that: if you wave the Liao flag you are family. The only other faction that gets it worse than us in the lore is the Smoke Jaguars. People still like the Word of Blake over Liao, which is saying something because the WoB nuke and orbital bombard over half the Inner Sphere in 3067.

I have no issues TK someone who decides to TK a person who "Squawks." With over 1000 kills in this game since the last stat reset, only 2 have been TKs. 1 from an arty strike that they ran into, the other was a Team Killer.

#30 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

Threats? From a GOON? Now there is a surprise. Join your WOL group. Make it a mercenary group. You have no business in Liao. None.

#31 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

I didn't threat, I just gave a response to your actions, I didn't say I would TK you if I ever saw you, I just stated that I would defend Liao players. If we are on the same side of a match and someone TKs you because for whatever reason: I will avenge you. Because Liao Defends Liao, if you don't then you have no business being Liao. go be a merc who sells their loyalty, Go be a Marik, Go be a Clanner, go be a FedRat.

But: DON'T BE A **** AND DON'T ACCUSE ME OF THREATENING.

#32 Rufus Landale

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 10 September 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Threats? From a GOON? Now there is a surprise. Join your WOL group. Make it a mercenary group. You have no business in Liao. None.

People like you continually have made me wonder why I want anything to do with Battletech ever. And I bought my first set back in 1988 alongside Runequest 3rd edition.

BTech people take this silly thing too seriously. It's giant robots! MWO is a mediocre game full of failed promises and terrible customer service run in a region mostly famous for murderous pig farmers and BC Bud.

Goons are the only reason I even bother with this disappointment. Because they bring the fun, usually while drunk and high on voice comms. ( and the current matchmaker system gives me time to paint my Hordes Trollblood army because Warmachine / Hordes is a much better game than Battletech. Troll bros are the best bros. )

Quit taking this whole IP so bloody seriously. I can pretty much guarantee the WOL isn't.

#33 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

the only good goon is a dead goon

#34 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

SQUAWK

Goons in this game means it's got a healthy population. If there are no goons, the game isn't in a healthy state. So if you see goons, the game is doing well.

#35 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Funniest darn Battletech post ever. Bar none. I'm with that kind of mentality.

View Postwanderer, on 10 September 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Newbie, I was with Liao before SA existed. I never put in tenbux, but I do put my time in to try to understand anyone who puts the faction flag next to their handle and means it, even if it's for silly reasons.

And yes, if you weren't in MPBT on GEnie- compared to me, you are a newbie. There was one absolute that you learned as an Ur-Cappie.

Anyone who puts the flag on is ours, until and if they screw up with "family", as it were. You wanna be a giant birdman from outer Peripherhicksville? Be my guest. Tikonov, St. Ives, Liao-loony Death Commando or Derp Commando. If you take the burden of being the collective punching bag for FedRats and Elsies and give your lumps and take em- you're One of Us.

I have a dream. It is a dream, that through the most traditional of Liao methods - that is, treachery and a knowledge of underhanded tactics that went down to the very depths of the original MechWarrior coding - I have achieved once, decades ago.

It was a sea of red and green stars, surrounding a lonely New Avalon as we literally took every world against over 5:1 odds. About 15+:1 if you'd only counted Liao forces, but we had the Kuritans in on the stomp.

If I could have bottled the Davion tears , the aged vintage would be now worth thousands for the sweet, delicious quality taste, with notes of smoky butthurt and the faintest of burn. Every Liao homeworld under our control, not a single Davion one save the lonely world that the game would not allow conquered, conquered.

Total domination. It needs to happen again. Without unity, it cannot. And having some random tell me "LOL TK THE GOONZ, THEY ARE TEH EVILZ!!!1!!" is ****. Worse, it removes people from doing what needs doing. Shooting Fedrats in the face.

I think people need to understand this. You don't have the luxury of serious fratricide because you can't afford to lose people or units in Liao. A Feddie unit goes TROLOLOLOLO off to randomly circlejerk on some Kuritan planet way off the main line of attack, they don't give a flying fig. There's six more waiting in line to hit the spot needed, because Team WE ARE GOODGUYS,LOL is an overpopulated traffic jam. A Liao unit does it, kiss six-seven worlds bye-bye.

That's how the math works. Heck, even in 2014, it'll still work. And here you are piddling on one the most Liao-ish groups, behind all the SQUAWK jokes outside of MWO. If we get CW, I'd be sending cookies to Mittens, just because he's got the twisted, deviant and yet organized mind that fits this faction like a latex-gloved proctologist, ready to give Davion the deep colonic inspection they richly deserve.

So, are you going to be a TK douchebag and bend our collective backsides up for a Sun-And-Sword-Squealer,or get with the program and backstab everyone BUT Liao players like a proper Cappie should?

#36 CSPshala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

I heard this is the "cool" "new" "hip" place to post and all the teenagers are "doing it".

#37 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

I would post something like "I h8 goons" but seeing as they had a whole bunch of flak due to being blamed for the reddit banning.

I guess I'll squawk with the rest of you

Posted Image

#38 CSPshala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 10 September 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

lol your seriousposting is just as laughable as this game. WOL is dead son, we don't even give a **** about this pos anymore outside of the current schadenfreude. So if you wanna flip that super try-hard switch and kill us you're gonna hafta find a game we're actually playing.

I bring all of you a Goon classic MWO video: "Goons Heart Paul"
http://youtu.be/4K2QF70H2hc

Edited by CSPshala, 10 September 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#39 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

This game needs alot more Goons.

#40 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostAztecD, on 10 September 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

the only good goon is a dead goon

Goons are fun. First its "SQUAWK" and then it goes round and round..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users