• LocationKaetetôã

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:18 AM

SQUAWK!

#42 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

As chief spokes person for the GOONS I find your ranting mantra discombobulating and meaningless.

Um....no.

First- not a Goon. Apparently, your reading comprehension is failing. Nor their MWO spokesperson. That would be Anders. He's also a robot. He-bot. Something like that.

Second, your paranoia is worthy of the late-lamented Mad Maximillian himself. If it doesn't hate Goon, it must BE A GOON.

Third, which game would that disaster be imported from? EvE, where they pretty much won the game as far as such things can be won? Perhaps Hello Kitty Online? I understand the Goonsquad they sent there met with utter disaster.

Fourth, the only "agent of chaos" here is the guy who wants Cappies shooting other Cappies in a fit of paranoia. That would be you, sir.

If you can't handle a few bird noises, go kiss up to the Hanse Davion fan club in the forum next door. I was here first and for all the crazy, the Goons are better company than the loon. You want some Goon-free space by killing Goons with Liao flags up, don't even think about it unless you're on the other side. And take the faction tag off while you're at it. It's a disrespect to the mongrel hordes you claim to be descended from when you said "I'm Liao."

WOL is dead son

Actually, no. There's a WoL group that's been dropping, unit tags and SQUAWKS and all.

Ask the Gatekeepers. They even have video of the last match they ended up in a green-on-green.

#43 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

View Postwanderer, on 11 September 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Fourth, the only "agent of chaos" here is the guy who wants Cappies shooting other Cappies in a fit of paranoia. That would be you, sir.

Liar.

I never said that.

That's a moniker you've hung on me.

Others are starting to emulate it...

I think you should clear that up.

#44 RalphyNoPants

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 34 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Good squawk, have squawk, get squawked.

#45 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 11 September 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

View PostGorgo7, on 10 September 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

You speak for no one but the GOONS. A self proclaimed agent of chaos.

There you go. Called me a goon, you did. An agent of chaos.

Wrong on #1.

Posted Image

I am Liao. A tricksy ******* who does what you need to get the win, because I can't afford to lose. When they gave us the equivalent of the Kobayashi Maru fight, I pulled a Kirk and rewrote the rules, taught the House troops to fly over their enemies like it was frickin' bat country, hooked the Kuritans in with sweet lures of revenge and samurai glory and made the FedRats into the Mickey Mouse show. Me, and the original Capellans. I found the way out of the box, they pulled the Snakes in, and we made beautiful music together.

You? You're the guy who apparently put his e-honor above his House honor. And I don't want you to show me your honor, cause them junks be NASTY. Liao isn't for the "honorable". It's for the guy who appreciates a good minefield, a shot in the back, the smell of red smoke in the morning because it, like napalm, smells like victory. It is about getting results, not getting glory. It's the Raven that NARCed you in the butt and the 150 LRM tubes that scattered you across three map quadrants. The speed capper that ended the game before you could have your glorious battle, because screw that. Battles are for people who can afford repair jobs every time. The squawking horde that ticked off your enemy into rushing out and getting ganked 6:1? Good for us. Have some birdseed and wash it down with your opponent's tears.

Chaos or order, I don't give a flying fig. I care about victory, and I care about losing as little as possible while getting it.

And I like Goons. Because they're good for that. Any Liao player that has the brain-rot to chuck away what few tools he has in the box is wasteful and a waste. If you don't want to be the punching bag of the Inner Sphere, you'd do well to adopt my philosophy. Or you can mouth off about "evil Goons".

And you shoot them, and we then plow you into the ground, kick you from every CW group as the teamkiller you are, and you can become persona non grata with everyone who actually wants to play in Liao, rather than this vomit you keep spewing up.

Or you can just trot off in advance and go make yourself a nice "KILL DE GOONS" merc group or something. Or join another faction. That'd be nice. I don't have time for wannabe Cappies that act like this when and if we actually get something more than eternal deathmatches.

#46 Rufus Landale

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut USA

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

View Postwanderer, on 11 September 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

There you go. Called me a goon, you did. An agent of chaos.

Wrong on #1.

Posted Image

I am Liao. A tricksy ******* who does what you need to get the win, because I can't afford to lose. When they gave us the equivalent of the Kobayashi Maru fight, I pulled a Kirk and rewrote the rules, taught the House troops to fly over their enemies like it was frickin' bat country, hooked the Kuritans in with sweet lures of revenge and samurai glory and made the FedRats into the Mickey Mouse show. Me, and the original Capellans. I found the way out of the box, they pulled the Snakes in, and we made beautiful music together.

You? You're the guy who apparently put his e-honor above his House honor. And I don't want you to show me your honor, cause them junks be NASTY. Liao isn't for the "honorable". It's for the guy who appreciates a good minefield, a shot in the back, the smell of red smoke in the morning because it, like napalm, smells like victory. It is about getting results, not getting glory. It's the Raven that NARCed you in the butt and the 150 LRM tubes that scattered you across three map quadrants. The speed capper that ended the game before you could have your glorious battle, because screw that. Battles are for people who can afford repair jobs every time. The squawking horde that ticked off your enemy into rushing out and getting ganked 6:1? Good for us. Have some birdseed and wash it down with your opponent's tears.

Chaos or order, I don't give a flying fig. I care about victory, and I care about losing as little as possible while getting it.

And I like Goons. Because they're good for that. Any Liao player that has the brain-rot to chuck away what few tools he has in the box is wasteful and a waste. If you don't want to be the punching bag of the Inner Sphere, you'd do well to adopt my philosophy. Or you can mouth off about "evil Goons".

And you shoot them, and we then plow you into the ground, kick you from every CW group as the teamkiller you are, and you can become persona non grata with everyone who actually wants to play in Liao, rather than this vomit you keep spewing up.

Or you can just trot off in advance and go make yourself a nice "KILL DE GOONS" merc group or something. Or join another faction. That'd be nice. I don't have time for wannabe Cappies that act like this when and if we actually get something more than eternal deathmatches.

On one hand its cool and all that you like our silly drunken, drug fuelled group of miscreants and goofballs. On the other you miiiight be taking this game and the imaginary fiction/game factions a touch too seriously, dontchathink?

#47 RalphyNoPants

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

#48 armchairyoda

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 11 September 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Liar.

I never said that.

That's a moniker you've hung on me.

Others are starting to emulate it...

Are you

an alt

of somebody else

?

#49 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:31 AM

You win. You are a better typist than me.

#50 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

I haven't had this much fun on a forum in

FOREVER....

an ever.

#51 RalphyNoPants

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

Some days I wonder which is the better game, the forum or the robits.

#52 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 11 September 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

Goons are fun. First its "SQUAWK" and then it goes round and round..

Best Ever Video Award 2014

#53 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

Gotta say,I don't get into this whole goon thing,but that "Goons love Paul" video has been making me laugh for months. :) Sorry Paul but as frustrating as that may have been, you have to laugh at it now.

#54 RalphyNoPants

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Never not fire the Praise Paul Cannons.

#55 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

Shoot blues, tell Vile Rat

#56 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

What is a goon?

#57 RalphyNoPants

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

Posted ImageA Goon is a member of the Something Awful forums.

#58 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostRufus Landale, on 11 September 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

On one hand its cool and all that you like our silly drunken, drug fuelled group of miscreants and goofballs. On the other you miiiight be taking this game and the imaginary fiction/game factions a touch too seriously, dontchathink?

Nah. If I took it THAT seriously, I wouldn't post nearly as many silly pictures.

Nor do I think people are bad because they have a funny symbol next to their name. My symbol is a funny one too. They're still people and being the Internets, I had thought that going Hunter Thompson on the whole thing would be a big clue but...

...not crazy serious. Just silly. Except for the "shooting people simply because they're Goons", which I find as ******** as "shooting people simply because they're Davions" IRL.

View PostE N E R G Y, on 14 September 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

What is a goon?

A miserable pile of squawks. But enough of that, have at you!

#59 RalphyNoPants

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:37 AM

Posted Image

#60 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

There is no WoL resurgence. There are just a few of us who are so homo4robo that we cannot help but stalk through the dead, hollow cities of MWO and its broken promises of space robot glory.

WoL is dead. Long live WoL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users