122 replies to this topic

#61 Sazabi Steppenwulfe

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrestes Principal

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

i can't wait to see what these jack asses will be like in 40K....

#62 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:20 PM

Lets see what happens in CW. Goon swarms could theoretically overrun entire sectors.

#63 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

The song which sums up the Goons:

#64 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

View PostTheSilkenPimp, on 16 November 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

The song which sums up the Goons:

(a video)

Nope!

#65 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

If anyone is bashing WoL now, they're probably jealous, especially if they're Liao. I can't speak for all of them, but I've ran across a few 12 mans that put up an awesome fight. In fact, out of all the Liao teams I've come across, WoL put up a far better fight than the others. Some of y'all can probably learn a thing or two about aggressive maneuvers from them. They may not be a largely competitive group, but they have come a long way, long enough where I can't talk smack about them. They've earned my respect.

#66 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

I hear the squeaking of liars and traitors - and not one of them is WoL.

#67 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

It's true, we mostly SQUAWK!

#68 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 12 December 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

I hear the squeaking of liars and traitors - and not one of them is WoL.

The squeaking is probably from missing nuts and bolts on your Stalker from last weekend. ;)

Edited by DaemonWulfe, 12 December 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#69 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

Philosophy on MWOforum.
Posted Image

#70 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostDaemonWulfe, on 11 December 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

If anyone is bashing WoL now, they're probably jealous, especially if they're Liao. I can't speak for all of them, but I've ran across a few 12 mans that put up an awesome fight. In fact, out of all the Liao teams I've come across, WoL put up a far better fight than the others. Some of y'all can probably learn a thing or two about aggressive maneuvers from them. They may not be a largely competitive group, but they have come a long way, long enough where I can't talk smack about them. They've earned my respect.

You have not dropped with 4TCR. But with that said, it is nice to hear that the quality of WOL has improved.

#71 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:24 AM

WoL has opened their mumble to any liao lonewolves who wish to join and coordinate. Also not full groups that need to fill out 12 mans since they seem to get in the queue quicker

mumble.goonrathi.com port 64378 pw is mellon

Join MWO WoL Diplo Central to coordinate

dont attack mariks (the purple guys)

#72 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

Great games last night guys, you showed a respectable force and good coordination. I,m sure you'll get your numbers up soon, once faction CBill rewards are easily displayed. But until then well keep taking your planets :D

#73 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

View Postwanderer, on 10 September 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Newbie, I was with Liao before SA existed. I never put in tenbux, but I do put my time in to try to understand anyone who puts the faction flag next to their handle and means it, even if it's for silly reasons.

And yes, if you weren't in MPBT on GEnie- compared to me, you are a newbie. There was one absolute that you learned as an Ur-Cappie.

Anyone who puts the flag on is ours, until and if they screw up with "family", as it were. You wanna be a giant birdman from outer Peripherhicksville? Be my guest. Tikonov, St. Ives, Liao-loony Death Commando or Derp Commando. If you take the burden of being the collective punching bag for FedRats and Elsies and give your lumps and take em- you're One of Us.

I have a dream. It is a dream, that through the most traditional of Liao methods - that is, treachery and a knowledge of underhanded tactics that went down to the very depths of the original MechWarrior coding - I have achieved once, decades ago.

It was a sea of red and green stars, surrounding a lonely New Avalon as we literally took every world against over 5:1 odds. About 15+:1 if you'd only counted Liao forces, but we had the Kuritans in on the stomp.

If I could have bottled the Davion tears , the aged vintage would be now worth thousands for the sweet, delicious quality taste, with notes of smoky butthurt and the faintest of burn. Every Liao homeworld under our control, not a single Davion one save the lonely world that the game would not allow conquered, conquered.

Total domination. It needs to happen again. Without unity, it cannot. And having some random tell me "LOL TK THE GOONZ, THEY ARE TEH EVILZ!!!1!!" is ****. Worse, it removes people from doing what needs doing. Shooting Fedrats in the face.

I think people need to understand this. You don't have the luxury of serious fratricide because you can't afford to lose people or units in Liao. A Feddie unit goes TROLOLOLOLO off to randomly circlejerk on some Kuritan planet way off the main line of attack, they don't give a flying fig. There's six more waiting in line to hit the spot needed, because Team WE ARE GOODGUYS,LOL is an overpopulated traffic jam. A Liao unit does it, kiss six-seven worlds bye-bye.

That's how the math works. Heck, even in 2014, it'll still work. And here you are piddling on one the most Liao-ish groups, behind all the SQUAWK jokes outside of MWO. If we get CW, I'd be sending cookies to Mittens, just because he's got the twisted, deviant and yet organized mind that fits this faction like a latex-gloved proctologist, ready to give Davion the deep colonic inspection they richly deserve.

So, are you going to be a TK douchebag and bend our collective backsides up for a Sun-And-Sword-Squealer,or get with the program and backstab everyone BUT Liao players like a proper Cappie should?

Do you play STO by any chance too?

#74 Iron Tusk

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostSlater01, on 14 December 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Great games last night guys, you showed a respectable force and good coordination. I,m sure you'll get your numbers up soon, once faction CBill rewards are easily displayed. But until then well keep taking your planets :D

Liao will never have the same numbers as the Mary Sue Davion's. Not many people have what it takes to play downtrodden space communists, it's much easier to be a bland space good guy.

Really though, with something like 150%+ of a numbers advantage, until they figure out what to do with Ghost Wins all the low pop factions will all rapid lose space.

#75 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostFade Akira, on 15 December 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

Do you play STO by any chance too?

Not I.

Did I miss something?

#76 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Oh please. Everyone knows Goons are not people. Few know the truth and some things are better left unspoken.
Posted Image

Edited by MischiefSC, 21 December 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#77 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 December 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Oh please. Everyone knows Goons are not people. Few know the truth and some things are better left unspoken. Posted Image

A Muppet and a Tetatae are very different things.

#78 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostBlakeAteIt, on 22 December 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

A Muppet and a Tetatae are very different things.

That's what Goons want you to think. Some of us know the truth.

People seem confused about just what Goons are.

Goons originated on a forum. There's been some debate about which but the consensus seems to be either tumblr or a group of people disgruntled over their rating on hotornot. This gathering of like minded individuals was funded and supported by a shadowy figure named Lowtax. Lowtax created a scheme of defrauding folks of a unit of currency called '10bux'. With enough gathered he was able to seed the foundation of what seemed like a small personal nerd empire.

The truth however was something a bit more frightening.

You see the majority of the Goons are, in fact...

Muppets.

That's right.

Muppets.

A mad inventor named Jim "Babyshaker" Henson went insane in his old age and dabbled in the occult, dark corners of science and animatronics best left to the nightmares of small children and Tim Burton. The result spawned in true Frankenstein fashion a gaggle of true mockeries of life, broken and dodgy perversions of puppetry gone oh so wrong.

Fortunately there is video evidence of this otherwise wild claim. Lowtax, first of these unholy and fallen creations of the blackened soul of vaudeville entertainment was caught on tape being punched in the face, repeatedly, by Uwe Boll. Why you ask? WTF you say? Because.... wouldn't you?

Watch that, see its strings get tangled periodically. That awkward figure in the red shirt is no product of human congress but a wretched assemblage of sticks, stuffing and wire birthed into a cruel mockery of the human form.

This also represents the best artistic work Uwe Boll has ever produced. 3 minutes of him punching a muppet while wearing silly shorts and a wife beater.

This rag-tag muppet assembly spends their time playing online games, trying to study human behavior that they may subject it to mockery. No true social skills, just a rote memory of old musicals and obscure trivia and a sense of humor that rings true in no human mind. They have, on occasion, even been known to resort to piracy.

You might even recognize a few of the current WoL members in this carefully collected video of a would-be Goon membership interview -

Fortunately the charismatic Tim Curry went on to pursue a lucrative acting career, leaving a vacancy in Goon leadership until The Mittani showed up to fill the leadership gap, shown here in a rare image:

Posted Image

and the Goons moved on to EVE and MW:O.

Edited by MischiefSC, 22 December 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#79 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

so much effort

#80 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts