Goons. Play Nice.

122 replies to this topic

#1 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

Yes, there is a Word of Lowtax.

Posted Image

They are, like Camelot, a silly place. The only thing you should take seriously about them is that they do not take things seriously. Except when being serious would be funny.

OK, two things. The second one, and it's important here people.

They're ours. Weird, silly, prone to fits of spastic randomness...but like the cousin that drools a little too much at Thanksgiving dinner, you can't always pick family. If you aren't a puckered hole to them, you'll find them to be the best psychological warfare tool C-bills can't buy. Someone tries to TK them? Turn the offending twit into a burnt-out donut. The most bestest thing you can do with the Word and company is roll with the jokes. Be serious later. Heck, be a good straight man now. Just don't treat them like a strange social disease, because They Are Us.

I also suggest birdseed. Lots of birdseed. A few quarts of WD-40 if Anders ever decides to drop by again. But no fear. You don't have to be a Goon. You don't ever have to think that you'll be in some green, squawking squad that would resemble Jade Falcons on LSD. We are them. They are us. This is the Capellan Confederation, and anyone who doesn't think Liao has the crazy never met Romano on a bad day. Days. Many. Most. You just let them be the crazy, and if the rest of the Inner Sphere is busy watching the show, you can go right ahead and blow their faces through the back of their head armor while they're still having a giggle.

Wanderer out.

#2 Ocilfa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 152 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Posted Image

#3 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

4. Profit???

#4 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

Uhhhhh....

BACON!!!!

And..

If lurms are OP. Then it makes me OP too... Right????

I need some lowtax lurms. Sit at base and cackle as both sides BURN!

Where's my space duct tape. My lurms just fell off again...

Edited by Bartholomew bartholomew, 31 August 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#5 Paramemetic

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:48 AM

The only thing you should take seriously about them is that they do not take things seriously. Except when being serious would be funny."

I'll have you to know that this game is the singular purpose for my existence, I do nothing but try to ruin it all the time, and haven't played in a year and a half because I was in Tibet training in the mystical techniques of robots.

Also you get it, so you're cool. Go post in the crybaby thread because it's awesome.

I was a diplomat of some sort when we thought this game would ever have CW, so hit me up if this game ever becomes what it was said to be.

Edited by Paramemetic, 01 September 2014 - 03:49 AM.

#6 Ash Rose

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

Hello Liao pubbies, and greetings from the noble and proud Tetatae. I wanted to thank you on behalf of my people for your well-intentioned olive branch, but I must take issue with one thing.

The mere notion that we do not take this seriously is an affront to my avian hounouru! I will have you know we spend hours piloting our mechs with blind folds on to perfect our art of war. This has cost us millions of C-bills to repair the mechs broken in the process but we are confidant that it somehow increased our battle prowess by like 7%.

-Axelsoar, Pubbie Lieaison.

#7 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

Personally, a little flavor and fun is needed in this game. I have no issue grouping up with WoL or fighting against in a friendly skirmish.

#8 Rufus Landale

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut USA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

View Postaxelsoar, on 01 September 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

Hello Liao pubbies, and greetings from the noble and proud Tetatae. I wanted to thank you on behalf of my people for your well-intentioned olive branch, but I must take issue with one thing.

The mere notion that we do not take this seriously is an affront to my avian hounouru! I will have you know we spend hours piloting our mechs with blind folds on to perfect our art of war. This has cost us millions of C-bills to repair the mechs broken in the process but we are confidant that it somehow increased our battle prowess by like 7%.

-Axelsoar, Pubbie Lieaison.

This will be my new excuse why my KDR sucks. At least till Wasteland 2 goes gold and I can play a fun game derived off of 80s nostalgia.

#9 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

How has this not been sent to K-Town yet?

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

Until faction warfare, if they're on my team I'll happily utilize them as distraction tools. They are good at it.

If they are on the opposing team, I will use everything in my power to show them that not only can I be just as crazy or worse, but I can kill things while doing it.

I still remember the two back to back matches I had against 3 goons. The first time one squawked, I went along to fight him and BAM! 2 more goons started up nearby, completely undetected and unseen (back then on thermal you could become invisible while powered off and it was River City night) and I got butchered. Great fun, I used that tactic against many people before and since.

So, when I saw him in the next match I knew he was 1) in a premade with a few other goons and 2) horsing around and way too damn smug. I made certain to say that I was gonna get him this time. It so happens to be River City again. This time I was using night vision though NV was about worthless at the time. I saw him walking along and instead of following instinct and jumping out, I waited. 2 more just kind of appeared behind him, trailing some ways back and following a Wedge formation. I waited until the third one passed. No one else behind them. I started following along, completing their formation as a diamond.

I waited until they started taking a turn around a building, slowed down and fired on one's back. Back then it was very common to do 2 armor on the back and everything else on the front (hitbox exploits). Instantly killed! They started turning around, but I veered around the building and hit another one. Almost overheated but got it done and started to move off. The last one is in a run and suddenly all 3 disconnected right after I typed "SQUAWK!"

I miss fighting goons.

Then again I miss closed beta and early open beta. Premade versus premade.

#11 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

WoL has always had a great sense of humor. Welcome back! You have been missed.

#12 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

How has this not been sent to K-Town yet?

Because it's in the right place, the topic isn't a toxic flamefest, and we have compromising pictures of Egomane with a hot young chick.

Posted Image

The man can't have his tough guy image stay intact if there's too many of these on the web.

#13 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

Death to all Goons.
Kill them when detected.
In your faction or not.
Kill them.

Edited by Gorgo7, 10 September 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#14 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hi goons. Do you remember this one time when I loaded into a match and I saw tons of Liao and said, "oh god it is the goons. I hope they don't squawk" So you guys squawked.

As a joke I replied, "QUACK QUACK Motherf-ck-r." xD Which of you were there for that?

#15 Viktor Hannan

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Does this mean the Mechromancer mech lab will go live again? Please say yes!

#16 T0rmented

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 317 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

This one time, at band camp

#17 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

Death to all Goons.

Didn't you learn from having that last topic deleted entirely?

You start TKing, the team will burn you a new orifice. No excuses. And likely a banstick courtesy of the game.

Now remove the stick from your hindquarters and go shoot some reds. They're evil. Always.

#18 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

View Postwanderer, on 04 September 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Didn't you learn from having that last topic deleted entirely?

You start TKing, the team will burn you a new orifice. No excuses. And likely a banstick courtesy of the game.

Now remove the stick from your hindquarters and go shoot some reds. They're evil. Always.

*Smacks lips Imperiously at the Goon*

Edited by Gorgo7, 04 September 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#19 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

as much as they are hated on the internet, it's a good sign for any game since their playerbase is just huge. I know that a few are in our clans as part of a "scouting party" but we've learned to love them as they love us back... with a few touches of hilarity.

View PostGorgo7, on 04 September 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

Death to all Goons.
Kill them when detected.
On your team or not.
Kill them.

Squawk is love, Squawk is Life.

#20 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:20 PM

Since you mentioned it Stoneblade, might as well post this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users