++++++++11111111111111111

#4 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

If PPC bolts incinerate Gauss slugs when they are very very close, I'm all for it..

#5 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

Why should they do this ?
What are your arguments ?
i.e.:
What is the role for this weapon that you are imaginating ?
What is its role (in your opinion) now ?
What is the main problem you are experiencing while using this weapon ?
Explain why there are no other problems as possible reasons for the problem you are experiencing when you are using this weapon.

My Problem with the PPC an ER PPC weapons is their maximum possible ( due to their heat ) refire rate in combination with the hillarious hit detection that I still am observing.
While it is possible to fire dual AC10 nonstop untill ammo runs out and therefore can compensate for not registered hits and aiming failures, sustained chainfire with dual ppcs is next to impossible.

This issue bugged me before the projectile speed nerf and has grown worse due to the upped difficulty in aiming those weapons.

Their only ( not lore conform and in my opinion the reason for the PPC problem ) advantage is their frontloaded damage and low weight in conjunction with ammo independence ( not a real advantage in MWO since loading large ammounts of ammo is without consequences in MWO).

Edited by The Basilisk, 01 September 2014 - 04:32 AM.

#6 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

PPCs really need a speed buff. They are far too slow now to be of any significant use. My energy Mechs, like the HBK-4P, QKD-5K, and others, are severely hampered now and not really playable with PPCs. I know there was public outcry against the Gauss+PPC meta, which is why the PPCs got nerfed, but surely there is another solution that doesn't penalize all the energy boats in this game.

They move too slow to accurately hit Mechs as they run from side to side at most ranges now. Previously, you had to know how far to lead enemy Mechs in order to hit them. Now, however, the lead required is so large that you often do not have a firing window as enemy Mechs zip from cover to cover. At optimal and long range, Assault Mechs have time to see the PPC bolts and then side-step them. This is a blaring signal to buff PPCs back up to their original speeds. Until that happens, I will remove all these useless heat spikers from my Mechs, go back to square one on my Mech designs, and start trying to find new builds that actually work.

#7 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:34 AM

PPCs should be restored to their previous stats. Please consider implementing that initial idea about weapons delayed fire.

#8 KKRonkka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

No, they dont need a buff of anykind. It was fun while it lasted, but I dont want to see that ER/PPC era again that once existed.

#9 Xevius Von Morrigan

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

I think PPC should be a little faster... perhaps in a new weapon module?
however I don't think PPC are too powerful:
AC/10.-> 12+2*=14 t / 7+2*= 9 slot / 3 heat per round / 950 round speed / 2.5s cooldown
PPC...-> 7+2°= 9 t / 3+6°=12 slot / 10 heat per round / 850 round speed / 4.0s cooldown
* ammunition
° heatsink
PPC weight less than an AC/10 but require more slot (heatsink) and it has slower round and longer cooldown (less DpS).

Edited by Xevius Von Morrigan, 01 September 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#10 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

Be on the receiving end of one of these PPC Gauss Mechs. Then tell me what you think.

Also, PPCs are fine as is.

#11 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostXevius Von Morrigan, on 01 September 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

I think PPC should be a little faster... perhaps in a new weapon module?
however I don't think PPC are too powerful:
AC/10.-> 12+2*=14 t / 7+2*= 9 slot / 3 heat per round / 950 round speed / 2.5s cooldown
PPC...-> 7+2°= 9 t / 3+6°=12 slot / 10 heat per round / 850 round speed / 4.0s cooldown
* ammunition
° heatsink
PPC weight less than an AC/10 but require more slot (heatsink) and it has slower round and longer cooldown (less DpS).

5 tonns saved ( really usefull ) and ac-10 only 300 potential damage point ( no more 170 with average accuracy for average player ) and for ya itsnt fair for PPC >>> hahaha

Anyway your guys want a gauss speed nerf it seem ... why not :)

Edited by Idealsuspect, 01 September 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#12 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 01 September 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

Be on the receiving end of one of these PPC Gauss Mechs. Then tell me what you think.

I've been on the receiving end of plenty o'Gauss/ERPPC of Doom mechs' fire. It sucks, but, well, so does a lot of things. Doesn't really bother me that much. However, I've never been terribly good with the PPCs, even when they had a much higher velocity. I've never really liked the amount of heat they generated, and I wasn't able to hit much anyway. Also, they never seemed to get me as much damage as some other weapons. I have/had a couple of builds with PPCs in them, but they were never my favorites.

#13 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostJosef Koba, on 01 September 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

I've been on the receiving end of plenty o'Gauss/ERPPC of Doom mechs' fire. It sucks, but, well, so does a lot of things. Doesn't really bother me that much. However, I've never been terribly good with the PPCs, even when they had a much higher velocity. I've never really liked the amount of heat they generated, and I wasn't able to hit much anyway. Also, they never seemed to get me as much damage as some other weapons. I have/had a couple of builds with PPCs in them, but they were never my favorites.

I use PPCs. I've taken the PPC-Gauss builds. Not fun, but not catastrophic either. There is no noticeable difference about the PPC for me, except I have to lead more.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 01 September 2014 - 08:04 AM.

#14 Xevius Von Morrigan

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 01 September 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:

5 tonns saved ( really usefull ) and ac-10 only 300 potential damage point ( no more 170 with average accuracy for average player ) and for ya itsnt fair for PPC >>> hahaha

Anyway your guys want a gauss speed nerf it seem ... why not :)

Sorry, I wasn't clear enought.
AC/10..DpS 4.0 / HpS 1.2
PPC....DpS 2.5 / HpS 2.5
ERPPC..DpS 2.5 / HpS 3.75
so you need 3 PPC to have the same DpS of 2 AC/10 (2.5*3=7.5, 4*2=8)
3 PPC = 27 t
2 AC/10= 28 t
a LITTLE improvement in speed (+100 for example) would be advisable, or a much faster round but with a charge time (as Gauss Rifle).
You should consider PPC cannot be used as a short range weapon (minimum range)....
but to developers the last words, of course

Edited by Xevius Von Morrigan, 01 September 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#15 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

David is correct, PPC's are fine as is. They were ridiculously easy to use prior to the nerf.

#16 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

Speed could stand a slight increase. More so hit registration is still borked. Over half my dead center ct hits do not register.

#17 Lucinator

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

if you wanted to deal with the problem of gauss ppc meta then this was not the way to do it, you may forget that before this it was gauss/LL and to fix that they added the gauss charge, before that it was laser boats, so they added limits on number of weapons you could alpha, and do on and so forth. the problem is when you try to fix things with nerfs that keep taking the game further away from its lore and old style of play, and there will always be a new kid on the block for OP. what is needed is a general fix, I would like to see further hardpoint restrictions (you should not be able to fit a gauss in a machinegun mounting anyway) It would force people to take builds closer to the stock for the variant, and bring more variety to the game, since if the lore had it so the mech could carry 4 ppc's (warhawk) then that would be that mechs "thing" to not make the game completely boring you could always make it so you can mount a lesser weapon in a slot (ie medium laser in a large laser mount) and coupled with ammo, heatsink, and engine customizations you still have a lot of room to maneuver in terms of builds and it allows for less of these stupid nerfs that make no sense.

#18 Better Call Saul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:46 AM

Being able to dodge PPC's is stupid, similar to AC/20 slugs...they are now both like firing an old cannon.

#19 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:58 AM

PPC speed should be given a boost, or returned to old stats. Just give them a longer recycle.

#20 reaverOfCheesecake

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:36 AM

Please speed up PPC shots again. I think that enough people have requested this back to warrant it's return.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users