2X Chainfire, 3X Chainfire, 4X Chainfire

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Magnus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

Can you please augment backspace to toggle more chainfire options.

Instead of just single fire chainfire and all fire, please add 2x chainfire which would chainfire weapons in groups of 2.

ie. Nova with 6 laser arm, you could fire the lasers 2 at a time instead of 1 at a time, or all 6.

if you are adding 2x chain fire please add 3x and 4x as well.

You can make these new options also toggle with backspace so default weaponfire mode is all fire, you press backspace to go to 1x chainfire, then 2x chainfire, then 3x chainfire, then 4x chainfire, then reset to all fire.

Mag

Edited by Mad Magnus, 01 September 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#2 Shrike ski

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 44 posts
  • LocationColumbus Ohio

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

I would prefer that to be a setting that you make in the mechlab under weapons groups but other than that yes indeed

#3 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

I dunno about 2x fire, how about chain, max non-ghostheat firing, and fire everything settings.

#4 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

I think what you want is Linked Chain Firing.

A linked chain works just like chain firing, except each firing of a weapon group fires all weapons within the linked chain together then proceeds to the next linked chain in the weapon group.

So, for your Nova example, you can have 2 weapon groups (1 & 2) along with 2 linked groups in each weapon group. Each weapon group has 6 C ERMLs. Then each weapon group has 2 linked groups of 3 C ERMLs each.

When firing a weapon group, just like any time else, fires either the next weapon OR next linked group within the weapon group. So, for this example, it will fire 3 C ERMLs, then another 3 C ERMLs.

This can be combined together with single and linked weapons within the same group. So, you could have a single Gauss Rifle and then 2 C ERLLs within the same weapon group. The Gauss is by itself while the 2 C ERLLs are linked. Pressing the button once (and holding) would charge up the Gauss Rifle and fire while pressing the weapon group button again would fire the 2 C ERLLs.

Edited by Zyllos, 02 September 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#5 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

No reason not to have this. Could simply be another chain fire / group fire toggle setting.

#6 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

Sounds good to me! I think that Zyllos is right - you've described linked firing. Didn't MW4 have that? We should too! :)

#7 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Sorry to bump this up, but I think this is a good suggestion that is pretty simple to implement.

It will help with further weapon grouping and firing customization.

#8 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

Fire Control,
yw.

http://mwomercs.com/...c-306-16th-jul/

#9 Mad Magnus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostZyllos, on 02 September 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

I think what you want is Linked Chain Firing.

A linked chain works just like chain firing, except each firing of a weapon group fires all weapons within the linked chain together then proceeds to the next linked chain in the weapon group.

So, for your Nova example, you can have 2 weapon groups (1 & 2) along with 2 linked groups in each weapon group. Each weapon group has 6 C ERMLs. Then each weapon group has 2 linked groups of 3 C ERMLs each.

When firing a weapon group, just like any time else, fires either the next weapon OR next linked group within the weapon group. So, for this example, it will fire 3 C ERMLs, then another 3 C ERMLs.

This can be combined together with single and linked weapons within the same group. So, you could have a single Gauss Rifle and then 2 C ERLLs within the same weapon group. The Gauss is by itself while the 2 C ERLLs are linked. Pressing the button once (and holding) would charge up the Gauss Rifle and fire while pressing the weapon group button again would fire the 2 C ERLLs.

Linked weapon groups would be a solution but much harder to setup and much harder to program. Simply allowing for 2x, 3x, 4x, maybe 6x chain fire as a toggle AFTER 1x chain fire would be much easier to program and make best use of the limited 6 weapon groups available.

To explain the solution I'll give a better example.

You have a nova with 12 ER small lasers. In the current setting you could have them fire 1 at a time or all fire from any weapon group. To refrain from ghost heat the most logical setting is to have them grouped in 6's and then potentially have an all fire and a single fire option. (4 weapon groups)

2x chain fire means you could put 6 of them in a weapon group and every mouse click would similtaneous fire 2 of the lasers in the group then fire the next 2 lasers with the next mouse click instead of the lasers 1 at a time, all using only 1 weapon group.

4x chain fire means you could put all 12 lasers in a weapons grup and ever mouse click would similtaneously fire 4 of the lasers in the group and the next click firing the next 4 lasers in top to bottom consequtive order, yet still only using 1 weapon group

6x chain fire means you could have all 12 small lasers in 1 single weapons group and when you click once you fire 6 lasers when you click again you fire the other 6 lasers.

You could basically have a better setup with 2 weapons group that is currently achievable with 4.

This would be really handy with many of the multi weapon mechs.

ie. Boating 4 ER Lasers in a dire wolf.. fire them in 2's from 1 weapons group saving more weapons groups for Ballistics and missiles
ie. Multi laser / LRM Stalkers, firing the LRMS in 2's from 1 weapons group saving more weapons groups for lasers and tag

I'm looking for 2x, 3x, 4x, maybe 6x chainfire as an optimum, easily programmable, solution. Wouldn't require a new hotkey, wouldn't require a new functionality like weapons group linking. Potentially much more realistic than linked weapons groups but if I'm wrong, and linked groups is a more viable option it would help.

No thanks to third party programs but thanks for posting LOADED.

Mag

Edited by Mad Magnus, 09 September 2014 - 05:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users