3 replies to this topic

#1 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

This video provides a look and the energy weapons available to Clan BattleMechs in Mechwarrior Online.

Edited by Spike Brave, 01 September 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#2 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

Great job Spike Brave. Good info and some great observations about the differences between IS and Clan energy weapons. I really enjoyed it ;-)

Ayrmoon

#3 Konril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

I think this is worth mentioning specifically about the TAG laser. TAG has an anti-ECM (ECCM) function that will allow targets hit by the laser to appear on the TAG user's radar for one second. That can be extended as long as needed by keeping the TAG laser on target, since the TAG can be fired continuously without heat or cooldown. However this radar function only applies to the TAG user. TAG doesn't auto-spot targets like the NARC beacon does. So in order to use TAG correctly, it is necessary to target the opponent as well. Press 'R' if you haven't changed the key bindings. Targeting will share you lock data and TAG data with the whole team, allowing your allies to get full benefit of the TAG lock, and for you to get spotting bonuses when missiles do hit.

Please keep that in mind.

#4 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

Konril - I didn't know that. Thank you. Good info to have.

Happy Hunting,
Ayrmoon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users