10 replies to this topic

#1 PublicWifi

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

Can I not buy LRMs / SRMs? I only ever see energy weapons on the dropdown menus. This leads me to believe I'm not the proper rank, haven't unlocked enough acheivements, wrong class of mech, or I'm required to buy a mech w/ said weapons in order to obtain them.

#2 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

Do you have missle slots on the mech in question? Old UI wouldn't even show them if I recall. What is the mech?

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

what is your mech? That would help.

#4 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostPublicWifi, on 01 September 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

or I'm required to buy a mech w/ said weapons in order to obtain them.

If you can mount them it should show them when you select the location they can go. Even if you don't have enough money they will be there just red and not enough $$ label.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Are you in the mechlab for said mech? Which mech?

Is the section you have selected (located on left side of screen) allows for missiles? Click on Mech details to the right. If missiles are allowed in a section it will be have a green icon of a missile. With no missiles in that section it will also tell you how many missiles slots can be put there.

The sections are broken up into different components, provided they are available. Say the right torso of said mech allows for missiles, lasers and cannons, it will say ballistic, energy, missile, equipment (heatsinks/jump jets if usable/BAP/etc) and ammo, then engines if center torso selected.

Each set of components are kept separate. If the the items can be equipped they will show up but be red out for no enough slots/weight/etc.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

When you select a body part, you will find one of 5 (or more) icons which represent hardpoints.

Green is missiles and it looks like 1 missile. Purple is ballistic and looks like 3 bullets in a magazine. Orange is energy and it looks like a lighting bolt. A red crosshair is the anti-missile system. The radar (white I think) is ECM. There are a few others as well.

The number beside them indicates how many are free. "1" by the energy means I didn't care to fill the energy weapon. "0" means I filled the missile slots to their limit.

Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 01 September 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

Note that you can't mix weapon types. If a mech has energy hardpoints in a particular, you can only use energy weapons in that section. Since weapons hardpoints are very strict, they do not display any non-applicable weapons, items, etc.

If a mech has different types in different places (a Catapult has missiles in the arms and energy in the torsos for example) then it will strictly filter the list based on weapons/equipment that can go in the specific section you are currently viewing.

Even when you obtain missile weapons from another mech, they still can only go on missile hardpoints.

Don't go looking for Clan weapons/equipment on your IS mech (or vise versa) either.

#8 PublicWifi

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Apprently it came down to slots / hardpoints. I'm running off of MW2 memmories.

The loadouts seem to relate to the actual structure of the mech, which is interesting. Not sure if this was implamented in any previous Mech games. Makes sense.

Now what about clan weapons / mechs? Are these only accessible if you purchase a mech with C-X weaponry?

#9 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Please watch this. It should answer all your questions and provide insight into building your own mech. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/u8pDIkoIQ4o

#10 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostPublicWifi, on 01 September 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Now what about clan weapons / mechs? Are these only accessible if you purchase a mech with C-X weaponry?

Yes, you can only equip your mechs puretech (i.e. Clan tech with Clan mech, IS tech with IS mech, and ne'er the twain shall meet). And, to be honest, this really gives IS mechs a very distinct personality from your newfangled Clan mechs, with the c/ERPPC and their ER-Medium Lasers, and the immovable engines and whatnot.

#11 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

as a new player that been playing a bit.. in a way its kinda good you cant use missiles on your mech or cant work out how to equip them (lol) even though that sounds weird

i mean that in a positive way because being forced to rely on direct fireweapons early on will prob make u a better player faster

anyways i hope all the info and guides the pros have shared sorted it out for you, dont worry it will all be second nature afterawhile !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users