Igp Got Some Explaining To Do? Mwtactics Still Down?

52 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

Yes, I know. This is the MWO Forums, not MWTactics. But their Forums are still offline, like their game.

Except, same Publisher, same Servers (according to Ping traces).

Both went down on 8-26. After about 2 bumpy days, give or take, one came back up.

MecWarrior Tactics? Still show the same "Check in 72 hours" Notice it has since..... August 26th.

Now call me crazy but 72 hrs is...3 days? (72 divided by 24 =3, yes?). As of today, it is 7 days since MWTactics went dark. And far longer since they had an active Dev Team working on it.

SO what gives? Answers IGP, answers.

#2 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

Didn't they stop development on that game months ago?

#3 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

I am also curious.

#4 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

Interesting.

I mean, I certainly wouldn't expect something like that to happen to MWO amirite guise?

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they aren't working the long weekend. They are still late, but I'll give them another week.

View PostRoland, on 01 September 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Didn't they stop development on that game months ago?

BLG was let go late 2013, we have no idea who took over after that, if anyone did. IGP said they'd get back to us last week....then the forums happened.

We will see,

#6 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

We are currently in an extended maintenance windows, working hard on moving to a new hardware infrastructure.

ETA is currently unknown please come back check back in 72 hours for more information.

Sorry for interrupting your combat!

Let's drop the cynism for a moment. Let's assume they're being truthful and they're not ditching the game.

Didn't MWO just recently move to another data center? Couldn't IGP have decided to move MWTactics to the same data center too, now?

Just a wild-assed guess here, but it seems plausible.

Might just have to work on their communication skills.

Edited by Scratx, 01 September 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#7 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Did they ever fix the whole "every tiny action requires about a full second to confirm things with the server" issue?

#8 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I have a thread about this in Off Topic. From what I gathered in the responses, it sounds like the contract for Blue Lizard, who took over development from whoever it was first, actually ran out at the end of 2013, and no work has actually been done since then. The "updates" that have been released over the last 9 months there really were just re-releases of content that had been pulled because it was broken in order create an appearance of a living game. Pretty sure the "72 hour" screen you're seeing now is just their way of trying to get everyone to go away and forget about that game.

#9 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

View PostScratx, on 01 September 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

Let's drop the cynism for a moment. Let's assume they're being truthful and they're not ditching the game.

Didn't MWO just recently move to another data center? Couldn't IGP have decided to move MWTactics to the same data center too, now?

Without so much as a tweet or a reddit post?!

#10 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 01 September 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they aren't working the long weekend. They are still late, but I'll give them another week.

BLG was let go late 2013, we have no idea who took over after that, if anyone did. IGP said they'd get back to us last week....then the forums happened.

We will see,

Pretty sure them shutting down the site was their way of "getting back to us"

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

I've strongly suspected that they were letting it die.. In comparison its game balance was making MWO (the cash cow) look bad, as the most overpowered thing over there was a flamer stacked on with a specific and ultra rare pilot card to drive it. Meanwhile the balance here is just chaotic and awful.

NGNG hasn't covered anything about it in over a year and given NGNG being part of IGP, it's pretty clear that if they aren't covering it or trying to promote the founder program which never did conclude that they either let these last devs go (presumably after June which was the current developers' last attempt at actually communicating in the form of a patch) or that they have yet to announce its termination.

Personally I'm quite saddened. But with it locked in closed beta this long with absolute silence the fact is it will inevitably die. Now if it expanded beyond just mechs and included vehicles, infantry, etc. as well as more than 4 versus 4... it really could've had some hope.

#12 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostScratx, on 01 September 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

If you'd been around that game and it's "development" you'd understand. That game is definitely NOT MWO. If they were interested in being truthful, they wouldn't keep giving us old broken content and trying to tell us it's an "update".

#13 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostKoniving, on 01 September 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

I've strongly suspected that they were letting it die.. In comparison its game balance was making MWO (the cash cow) look bad, as the most overpowered thing over there was a flamer stacked on with a specific and ultra rare pilot card to drive it. Meanwhile the balance here is just chaotic and awful.

NGNG hasn't covered anything about it in over a year and given NGNG being part of IGP, it's pretty clear that if they aren't covering it or trying to promote the founder program which never did conclude that they either let these last devs go (presumably after June which was the current developers' last attempt at actually communicating in the form of a patch) or that they have yet to announce its termination.

Personally I'm quite saddened. But with it locked in closed beta this long with absolute silence the fact is it will inevitably die. Now if it expanded beyond just mechs and included vehicles, infantry, etc. as well as more than 4 versus 4... it really could've had some hope.

Agree with you there. Unfortunately I feel like they were never really serious about the project. At times it almost felt like a cheap to develop fall-back in case MWO ever collapsed.

#14 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

I only played it for a brief time when they allowed the public to play for a bit. I liked what I saw, but I could tell it was far from ready, and there were some nonsensical decisions in... I mean, a pilot card giving 1 more damage to energy weapons sounds great... until you realise all damage and armor values from BT were multiplied by 10, so it's actually 0.1 damage... which means there is no actual material difference in gameplay. AKA useless.

Anyway, I do hope the game isn't dead 'cause I'd like to play it sometime, but I don't particularly care. As long as PGI can turn a profit on MWO, it should be solid for us here and that's what matters.

#15 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 01 September 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

That game is definitely NOT MWO. If they were interested in being truthful, they wouldn't keep giving us old broken content and trying to tell us it's an "update".

As opposed to MWO where we get new broken content labeled as an update?

#16 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostScratx, on 01 September 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

I only played it for a brief time when they allowed the public to play for a bit. I liked what I saw, but I could tell it was far from ready, and there were some nonsensical decisions in... I mean, a pilot card giving 1 more damage to energy weapons sounds great... until you realise all damage and armor values from BT were multiplied by 10, so it's actually 0.1 damage... which means there is no actual material difference in gameplay. AKA useless.

Anyway, I do hope the game isn't dead 'cause I'd like to play it sometime, but I don't particularly care. As long as PGI can turn a profit on MWO, it should be solid for us here and that's what matters.

Let's not forget about the Particle Ramp Tactics cards that reduced PPC heat output. PRIII reduced PPC heat by 3. PRII reduced it by 2. And, you could stack both of them on a single mech to get -5 heat per PPC. So you could create a mech with 4+ PPCs, with each PPC only generating 5 heat. And to make it even more hilarious, you could use the rare pilot card of Tenner D (I forgot his full last name) who had a trait of -2 heat per alpha strike. Trollololollol.

And the completely garbage armor system. And the broken hardpoint system that makes ammo and heatsinks count against hardpoints. And other things. It certainly had some fun attributes, but it also had a number of bad design choices.

Edited by Carrie Harder, 01 September 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#17 Fajther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan, usa

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

I really hope it comes back. I need some kind of pve to play when I hate all of you guys.

#18 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

Got some 'splaining to do...

Posted Image

#19 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 01 September 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

Let's not forget about the Particle Ramp Tactics cards that reduced PPC heat output. PRIII reduced PPC heat by 3. PRII reduced it by 2. And, you could stack both of them on a single mech to get -5 heat per PPC. So you could create a mech with 4+ PPCs, with each PPC only generating 5 heat. And to make it even more hilarious, you could use the rare pilot card of Tenner D (I forgot his full last name) who had a trait of -2 heat per alpha strike. Trollololollol.

And the completely garbage armor system. And the broken hardpoint system that makes ammo and heatsinks count against hardpoints. And other things. It certainly had some fun attributes, but it was also had a lot of bad design choices.

I didn't see those cards... yeah, "Trollololollol" all the way, mate. That'd make even a Warhawk Prime alpha a heat neutral shot at worst.

#20 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

i couldn´t care less if they let MWT die... smells like a giant money grab with lot´s of unused potential and some very weird mechanics to me... like MWO some cynics might say? nah, far far worse ...

would maybe free up some ressources to raise the staff for MWO...

Edited by Alex Warden, 01 September 2014 - 04:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users