Help Me With My Kitfox-Prime.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Saber Fang

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

I need help building a good kitfox-prime and I want a great LRM, Ecm build. Do anyone have a great build to show me? I cant figure out how to put an ecm on it?

#2 levitas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

Ok, first off: on the mechlab go to the right arm, and switch to the kit fox c arm. That's the arm that has the ecm hardpoint.

Second: your best bet for now for a halfway decent build seems to be c-uac5, 3ermlas, ecm, and a jump jet. mechspecs has a decent variety of builds to try, but I'd start w/ that. That build requires an S right torso and a c right arm.

Edited by solar levitas, 01 September 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#3 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

View PostSaber Fang, on 01 September 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

I need help building a good kitfox-prime and I want a great LRM, Ecm build. Do anyone have a great build to show me? I cant figure out how to put an ecm on it?

As solar mentioned, the ECM mount is on an omnipod not part of one of the three mech variants; you have to buy it separately. The following would probably be a standard LRM Kitfox: KFX-PRIME (LRM with jump: KFX-PRIME).

I'm not a huge fan of using the Kitfox as an LRM boat though; I've had some really nice success as a sniper: KFX-PRIME. The one problem is the burn time on the CERLLs - learn when to fire into the ground or sky so that you don't damage a teammate as he crosses your path, and learn to switch targets in the middle of a burn (if he ducks behind cover, or a more attractive target appears) to optimize damage.

#4 levitas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Dunno why I felt like it, but I tried this loadout, and it's really fun!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...46358b109580d4b

There's a lot of ammo for that LRM15, so dropping a ton for a medium laser, tag, 2 jump jets, or a heat sink isn't out of the question. This mech is pretty good at dealing some damage from out of the line of fire (with LRMs as well as jump sniping w/ the ppc available to it).

EDIT: I forgot the best part! It looks really cool.

Edited by solar levitas, 02 September 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#5 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

ECM + PPC + 2ML is fun.

ECM + PPC + Narc + Tag is also quite handy, and it carries basically every counter that exists to ECM (the counter effect of BAP doesnt work when you have ECM anyways...)

ECM + 2LL + 1ML is good too.

ECM + PPC + 2SRM6 is also fun.

...ECM...

ECM!

Oh, and 4x SRM6 is also fun. But you don't get ECM :(

All of the builds listed above can use jumpjets.

You can also cram 2 machine guns on to most of them, if you like.

Edited by Fire and Salt, 06 September 2014 - 04:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users