44 replies to this topic

#41 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

I got one shotted in a fully-armored Cataphract by a 96 point Alpha Dire Wolf.

I know this to be a fact because he posted the video afterwards.

Edited by Appogee, 02 September 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#42 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostRoland, on 02 September 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

It's an erroneous complaint though.... The TTK is not too fast. People are just under the mistaken impression that by extending the TTK, they will somehow not get stomped as bad.

If you extend the TTK, you'll end up just extending the gap between good and bad players... They'll lose even more, as they'll never be able to get through a mech's armor before a better play kills them.

Actually just the opposite. Your premise assumes that bad players must play against good players and that increasing TTK (time to kill) will simply make matches longer without altering the results.
However, when you introduce a skill delimiter like Elo, increasing the gap(and results) between good players and bad players offers even more granularity for Elo assignment, which in turn offers more fine-tuning of the matchmaker. Suddenly you don't have good player vs. bad players, you have more balanced teams because each level of Elo encompasses a narrower range of player skill.

#43 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 02 September 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

Actually just the opposite. Your premise assumes that bad players must play against good players and that increasing TTK (time to kill) will simply make matches longer without altering the results.
However, when you introduce a skill delimiter like Elo, increasing the gap(and results) between good players and bad players offers even more granularity for Elo assignment, which in turn offers more fine-tuning of the matchmaker. Suddenly you don't have good player vs. bad players, you have more balanced teams because each level of Elo encompasses a narrower range of player skill.

But this presumes you have enough players to fill matches without putting in payers with widely disparate elo scores, and that isn't seemingly the case.

#44 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostFD Wulfette, on 01 September 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

This has been happening to me ever since last patch. So IDK what the hell is going on. I just dropped into another game and got cored with a SPL from a Raven its over im done **** THIS DELETE MY ACCOUNT I dont care thsi is BS and Im calling foul and Ill call out any dev any founder any one

There is something odd going on, or so it seems, since the server migration.

I've never before just had components disappear in basically one shot - a torso here, an arm there - but it's been happening since then. I'm not sure if it is a case of less lag = better aim, or what, but it is strange.

#45 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

I've had this happen once in like 2 years. Kinda sucks it does... but it sucks more it still happens and hasn't been fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users