Wtf One Hit = Total Loss

44 replies to this topic

#1 FD Wulfette

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Damn Infirmary.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

Ok IDK if e1 is experiencing this but i pilot a victor and one large laser just cored me I mean 1 hit dead with a large laser WTF it dont matter I get hit by a MG and I loos a section so IDK if its my client f'ed up or if its just the game now I get cored by one hit no matter what weapons system hits me a Clan LRM 10 cores me a LRM 5 cores me only one hit and im down ever since the last patch im croed by 1 hit Ive ran the repair tool and still no help this is BS and im calling PGI out for an explanation. Im calling the whole community out for some explanation. WTF guys whats going on here.

If its going to be like this then im going to quit and go back to Diablo 3, and please dont call me a whiner im not asking for insta wins Im a mechwarrior from 1988 I know how it goes but one hit from any weapons system should not core a 80 ton assault.

Edited by FD Wulfette, 01 September 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#2 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

what you think happened and what actually happened are two different things, thus leading to your confusion.

if your mech's armor values aren't ridiculously low for whatever reason, chances are its either a lag issue or other damaging parties you are failing to note. take some screenshots of after death reports with the phenomenon, or record a video, and then file a support ticket with it. Although I'm kind of interested so you can post them here as well if you like.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 02 September 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#3 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

Are you sure it was only 1 laser, or did the death screen only list 1 laser?

The death screen only lists different weapons, so even 4 LLs will only be listed as one.

#4 FD Wulfette

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

I have full armor and its not getting any better Im going to get screenies for you all to show this. One hit and im down BDA after death says Large laser CT destroyed My latency IE ping stays at 77 and I have a very fast t1 connection so lag is not the issue. im not BS anyone im finding this to be total crap and will be canceling my CC payment to PGI.
its been happening Ive filed report and get nothing I have made sure I have full armor so IDK im about to say f*ck this bs game and go back to megamek to play classic B-tech

#5 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

Also, was it a head shot? Got one last night in my Atlas with 2 lpl in the eye of another Atlas that was fresh. It would only show as 1 lpl in stats.

#6 FD Wulfette

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

MCGRAL 18 no matter how you put it even 4 LL wouldnt core a vic even a trial one. Im a bit hot I know how to build a mech Im a charter member of Solaris7.com I build TT mechs in my sleep Im no rookie at this. PGI is no help so im calling out the founder of FASA Jordan Weisman and Smith and Tinker.

NO it was no head shot its just one LL from a stalker just one even if it was two they wouldnt core a 80 tonner not at full armor

#7 FD Wulfette

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

This has been happening to me ever since last patch. So IDK what the hell is going on. I just dropped into another game and got cored with a SPL from a Raven its over im done **** THIS DELETE MY ACCOUNT I dont care thsi is BS and Im calling foul and Ill call out any dev any founder any one

#8 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostFD Wulfette, on 01 September 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

MCGRAL 18 no matter how you put it even 4 LL wouldnt core a vic even a trial one. Im a bit hot I know how to build a mech Im a charter member of Solaris7.com I build TT mechs in my sleep Im no rookie at this. PGI is no help so im calling out the founder of FASA Jordan Weisman and Smith and Tinker.

NO it was no head shot its just one LL from a stalker just one even if it was two they wouldnt core a 80 tonner not at full armor

4 or 40 would show the same thing.

Get a screenshot of the death screen next time it happens, and a screenshot of your mech. Front and rear allocation.

#9 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,943 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:25 PM

I read another post somewhere by a guy driving an Awesome, some rare bug to armor allocation was happening to him too.

Use the STRIP MECH tool in the mechlab, strip all armor from your mech, then save with 0 armor on your mech, then redo it all, save again.

This seemed to help that guy, give it a whirl and report back.

Edited by Mister D, 02 September 2014 - 03:52 AM.

#10 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 01 September 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

4 or 40 would show the same thing. Get a screenshot of the death screen next time it happens, and a screenshot of your mech. Front and rear allocation.

Surprised you haven't noticed that its a pretty blatant troll attempt.

#11 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

Also read about this case posted by Mister D, so try to strip the armour, save, add armour again. Good luck!

#12 Murcheson

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:47 PM

I've noticed DWFs grouping 2 ER Lasers with 2 Gauss rifles to devestating effect. I've been hit by it, and it looks like a laser coming - and BOOM you're gone. I've used the combo myself and have cored my share of mechs as well.

Like they say, you never hear the bullet that kills you.

Edited by Murcheson, 01 September 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#13 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

Wow, this an old bug...haven't heard of it in ages.

#14 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:00 AM

Cound be a critical hit?

#15 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:38 AM

View PostReitrix, on 01 September 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

Surprised you haven't noticed that its a pretty blatant troll attempt.

when you start thinking like that its easy to come up with reasons to never help people

#16 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:31 AM

Wouldja hurry up with the screenie already?

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:07 AM

View PostFD Wulfette, on 01 September 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Ok IDK if e1 is experiencing this but i pilot a victor and one large laser just cored me I mean 1 hit dead with a large laser WTF it dont matter I get hit by a MG and I loos a section so IDK if its my client f'ed up or if its just the game now I get cored by one hit no matter what weapons system hits me a Clan LRM 10 cores me a LRM 5 cores me only one hit and im down ever since the last patch im croed by 1 hit Ive ran the repair tool and still no help this is BS and im calling PGI out for an explanation. Im calling the whole community out for some explanation. WTF guys whats going on here.

If its going to be like this then im going to quit and go back to Diablo 3, and please dont call me a whiner im not asking for insta wins Im a mechwarrior from 1988 I know how it goes but one hit from any weapons system should not core a 80 ton assault.

there are Dire Wolves that boast 80 point Alpha Strikes FD. If that is Front loaded convergent damage... Not many Mechs will survive that.

#18 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostFD Wulfette, on 01 September 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

This has been happening to me ever since last patch. So IDK what the hell is going on. I just dropped into another game and got cored with a SPL from a Raven its over im done **** THIS DELETE MY ACCOUNT I dont care thsi is BS and Im calling foul and Ill call out any dev any founder any one

Nothing since this rant.... I'm starting to think troll too.... Everyone is offering help and he's failing to provide us with screens to review. I'm all for helping people but sometimes I think we should get them some Valium too...

#19 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:58 AM

Happened to me a few times too, one swipe/cycle of a er large/large and half my armour is gone, even with torso twisting, tried the strip armour attempt doesn't work, and that's on a jagermech with 433 armour.

Game is FUBAR atm,.

#20 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:11 AM

View PostFD Wulfette, on 01 September 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

I have a very fast t1 connection so lag is not the issue

Just so folks know, while a T1 was considered fast back in ye olden days, a T1 connection is actually pretty slow by today's standards.

A T1's downstream bandwidth is only 1.54 megabits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users