9 replies to this topic

#1 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:23 AM

Now we buildet the units. We can collect money for the units ingame.
...any announcements what the Clan can do with the C bills?

For any case...we started collecting already. It is better to bee ready...but for what excactly?

Planets? Factorys? Defenceturrents? Jump/Dropships?

#2 Shauma

• Pip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:36 AM

As far as i know, unit coffers will be used to buy some things like:

Dropships: The bigger the unit the bigger the dropship/s so higher the cost.

Jumpship / travel fee: the larger the distance (number of jumps) the higher the fee

Base Enhancement: You can build / upgrade your base of operations, that includes:

-Base defense: turrets tanks and troop infantry, the more and better again higher the cost plus a cost of maintenance you know such things requires maintenance on a monthly salary.

-Base offensive: you can have artillery and air support for your unit much as air and arty strikes works now but unit wide and again with a cost.

-Base upgrades: such as radar and sensors that warns you from incoming attacks and again the more and better the higher the cost will be.

There are other things such as controling planets (you can see this in the bottom screen of the faction map) so in theory if you control a planet you have to detach troops and personel in there so theres a cost too.

#3 Garandos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 196 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostShauma, on 02 September 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

-Base defense: turrets tanks and troop infantry, the more and better again higher the cost plus a cost of maintenance you know such things requires maintenance on a monthly salary.

Uhm those things have been a "We would like to, but its highly unlikely we can do them for the time beeing" as of the last officiall statement, or did i miss something?

#4 Tsig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

The turrets are already in game, but the Tanks and Infantry are most likely to be a no-show.

#5 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostShauma, on 02 September 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

As far as i know, unit coffers will be used to buy some things like:

Dropships: The bigger the unit the bigger the dropship/s so higher the cost.

Jumpship / travel fee: the larger the distance (number of jumps) the higher the fee

Base Enhancement: You can build / upgrade your base of operations, that includes:

-Base offensive: you can have artillery and air support for your unit much as air and arty strikes works now but unit wide and again with a cost.

-Base upgrades: such as radar and sensors that warns you from incoming attacks and again the more and better the higher the cost will be.

There are other things such as controling planets (you can see this in the bottom screen of the faction map) so in theory if you control a planet you have to detach troops and personel in there so theres a cost too.

can i see a recent dev post talking about that? last time i can remember that be talked about was owwwww 2012*brings up 3rd person view* as much as i would love to see all of that idk if we will see any of that.

#6 Shauma

• Pip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

View Postkeith, on 02 September 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

can i see a recent dev post talking about that? last time i can remember that be talked about was owwwww 2012*brings up 3rd person view* as much as i would love to see all of that idk if we will see any of that.

I could swear i saw a video talking about CW phase 2 and 3 and i could miss some things but they talked about what i said before

And as for tanks and infantry is not that we could see little people or tanks runing around it just makes our overall defense ratio better in other words the base defenses will fire better weapons so doing more damage.

#7 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

I believe that the recommendation right now is to NOT put anything into unit coffers as anything that goes in there is;

1. for an unknown use (you know, like loyalty points!)

2. NON-REFUNDABLE. If your unit dissolves, so do the c-bills.

#8 VanillaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

The other use for the fund that mentioned in the one of the latest VLogs was for the contract system. It sounds like you will have to post a bond to accept a contract. That way if you try to get out of the contract or fail you lose the bond as a penalty.

#9 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostTsig, on 02 September 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

The turrets are already in game, but the Tanks and Infantry are most likely to be a no-show.

ELEMENTALS! That would be amazing...in MWO they would all look like tiny gremlins on a mech ripping things off and cutting out pieces.

EDIT: Actually considering the size of PGI's models...they would likely be slightly smaller than a commando and slower than Christmas...

Edited by Gyrok, 02 September 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#10 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

I just hope they don't go crazy with the stuff you can do. Don't want large groups being able to buy victory because they have a bunch of members throwing cbills into the coffers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users