Faction Emblems On Mechs

29 replies to this topic

Poll: Faction emblems on mechs (109 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI enable faction emblems on mechs body parts? if so where and how?

1. yes. should be on any default mech (68 votes [53.12%])

Percentage of vote: 53.12%

2. yes should be purchess able through MC and custom paint jobs. (47 votes [36.72%])

Percentage of vote: 36.72%

3. no... (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. other. ( comment below.) (13 votes [10.16%])

Percentage of vote: 10.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnot looking at forums

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

So I have been reading a couple battle tech books now, ( just started reading them) and I have already noticed how most mechs seem to have the steiner, kurita, or other faction decal on them. That being said I think it would be a lot more rewarding for a mech to have the faction's colors and emblem (decal) on it together. This would be especially needed for clan warfare as it gives the player's mech more of an actual faction look to it.

#2 Basilisk222

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 288 posts
  • LocationElmira Heights

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

Supposedly, clans are to have their own colors for free so long as you are that faction. Least that's what I read somewhere.

Would be cool, not just for this level of customization you've proposed, but a decal system at all, not just for clan emblems, numbers, possibly a couple of icons like a japanese sun or a sword, stuff like that to stick somewhere.

Heck it'd be really cool to be able to submit a design for MC and have it be usable as an in game graphic too.

Good idea, i'd love to see this implemented even if it's only for the clan/IS emblems.

#3 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

In my opinion, the Faction/House/Unit should be visible on a mech.

Each mech has 3 locations tied to it. One location defaults to your Faction/House/Unit decal, while the other two are MC/C-Bill/whatever cost applied to it.

I also would hope that rank decals can be uploaded, along with Faction/House/Unit decals.

#4 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

I would love to see faction emblems of course! However, I would also like to see custom unit emblems as faction warfare grows and becomes an integral part of the game. It really wouldn't be that big of a load on system resources to have a 255x255 or some other small dimension decal load in while loading the levels, at least not compared to how long it normally takes to load the levels.
Maybe to help with system resources, the decals only load when you are in a 12v12 (or 12v10 if there are clanners) and not in PuGs or things like that?

#5 Leopardao

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

I agree with the emblem being purchasable with MC, but I would also like to see mechs you purchase to have there default paint job to be based off your faction, doesn't have to be facy, would even accept each factions mech come in a different solid color (other then green...well a lao can keep green).

#6 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostLeopardao, on 04 September 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

I agree with the emblem being purchasable with MC, but I would also like to see mechs you purchase to have there default paint job to be based off your faction, doesn't have to be facy, would even accept each factions mech come in a different solid color (other then green...well a lao can keep green).

Heck I do not think it would be that bad if all default mechs were grey much like that of the new clan mechs.

#7 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

my vote was "other"
I like purchasable, but with c-bills. You get to pick where emblems goe on the mech/how many.
But there should be a multitude of decal options.
Faction decals should be C-Bill or free, other decals could be MC (numbers, skulls, ect ect ect...)

ALSO

We should be able to submit Unit specific decals for MC or some such thing

#8 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

Near the top of the "what this game is missing" list. But I think they should be purchasble for mc and maybe c-bills, but locked until they are opened up in game via faction rank etc.

#9 Jeon Ji Yoon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

I kind of imagined this would be something you'd unlock with "Loyalty Points" when CW started... you know, if it ever gets to that point.

#10 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

The way I think it should happen is that if you upload an image, it should cost MC. But if you make decals with pre-existing shapes, it should be for C-bills. Also, we need Project Phoenix decals for Phoenix owners.

#11 CorranHorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

I pretty much was going to suggest the same thing Zyllos. Maybe mixed with a few other ideas on here as well, but yours being the main one.

#12 Dagger D

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationEastern U.S.A.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

Along with the Faction art on the mechs I'd love to see stock and or custom nose art & morale art options also implemented in the camo specs tab.

#13 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

Thank you for posting this topic. This is something that we need, and if I read a kindred thread correctly, I think they are working on it.

#14 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 09 September 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

Thank you for posting this topic. This is something that we need, and if I read a kindred thread correctly, I think they are working on it.

Just heard from NGNG town hall meeting..... They are XD

#15 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

Greetings all,

The decal items I see missing are the normal military id and TAC symbols that all vehicles normally have displayed.

- These should be related to the Faction Lore but always placed in the same Mech locations.
- items like unit id for the position they occupy in there field unit. (ie: 57-2)

As we see in the new Clan Faction specific colours, the Lore tells us that the Clans were very conscious of displaying there 'Totem' on there Mech's and were surprised that the IS Mech's didn't have this element. This is not the TAC symbol but a similar display element that needs to be 'across the board' for Clan Mech's. IS Mech's should have there Faction military id's replacing the Clan element.

For a radical element, code the game to place id's on each of the 12 Mech's on your team, from 01 to 12. Especially useful when the Faction requires all the same colours and Camo colours. (12 exactly the same coloured Mech's)

These are not related to any 'special' unit decal or numbering but present on all the Mech's when operating in a set Faction. And would require the artists to produce these for the different Factions, after your Faction selection they get placed on all the Mech's. (rather a daunting challenge for the artists to locate and resize these elements for every Mech.)

9erRed

#16 red fury15

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 138 posts
  • Locationнижний новгород

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

за какую фракцию подписался такие эмблемы и должны быть на мехе

#17 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

While I don't like the idea of faction patches, I would like to see unit patches.

#18 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

each mech should have two "shoulder patches"...
one for faction
one for unit

#19 NoIrVI

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationriding the sky of the inner sphere

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:00 PM

I do say yes. We should be allowed to put our on mech.

#20 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

Please let it happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users