5 replies to this topic

#1 MX Duke

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

http://www.reddit.co..._on_hud_glitch/

I must have cored 2 friendly lights last night in the team que. All I saw was a light that looked like it was under ecm run straight at my Direwolf. Being the trigger happy fool that I am, I immediately shot them. Luckily my build prevents me from alpha striking, but I know I cored CT on both. The only thing that stopped me was the sudden stop that the light made, and then seemed to just stair at me, both of them. It was at that time in each occurrence that I realized my wrong doing.
I know that I'm not the only one that gets this bug, ass I had a freindly Stalker alpha my Kitfox, and them ask if I was on there team. I also think this is a root cause for allot of the in team fighting we see in the PUG matches.
So, Am I crazy?
PS, If any of you were the ones I got trigger happy with, My sincere apologies.

#2 Bunduki

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

I've seen this same glitch from time to time - I was watching what turned out to be an allied Mad Cat - errr,Timberwolf - that didn't appear with an identifier either on my HUD or my mini-map; he was stalking an enemy mech (which DID appear on both) and I almost opened fire on him

I'm afraid there have been a few instances where I didn't hold my fire - with no identifier, and not realizing there was a glitch, I thought it was an enemy mech under ECM cover.

This is an intermittent problem, and it seems to pop up with Clan mechs. Using TAG on the "invisible friendly" mech has no effect.

#3 Azar Javed

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

TK'd someone yesterday because of this (first time I encountered that bug). Got called a troll and idiot for it, still feel bad for the guy.

And it's not just Clan mechs, it was an Orion in my case.

#4 Absolute77

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

And a Locust in my case. chopped the poor guy off before he could realise what was happening. worst bug ever.

#5 nonnex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

Known Bug.

Sorry to the Pilots who have expirenced harm by me because of that, it happens a lot sadly.

Edited by nonnex, 05 September 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#6 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

This has been the case alot patches before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users