Clan Nerfs

57 replies to this topic

#1 Black240

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNW Indiana

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

The clan nerfs have caused clan mechs to lose value. Is PGI going to refund a percentage of the price paid for clan mechs because of the reduction in mech value? Clan weapons had advantages but clan mechs had limited adjustability as far as engines, armor, structure, and removing jump jets. Are clan mechs going to have more freedom of adjustment in compensation for the heat and distance nerfs?

I am interested in a PGI response.

#2 HUNTERS MOON

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

Would like to know as well.

Seem like its an unfair and deceptive bait and switch.

#3 SeaSide420

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

CRYengine
Teardrop eyeball logo warning at start
must NerF clanmechs before all available with C-Bills
so that no one notice that it was pay-to-win the whole time
each patch, make cry yourself to sleep, wet pillow for all
CRYengine

#4 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostBlack240, on 05 September 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

The clan nerfs have caused clan mechs to lose value. Is PGI going to refund a percentage of the price paid for clan mechs because of the reduction in mech value? Clan weapons had advantages but clan mechs had limited adjustability as far as engines, armor, structure, and removing jump jets. Are clan mechs going to have more freedom of adjustment in compensation for the heat and distance nerfs?

I am interested in a PGI response.

You're not going to get a response. But I was thinking about this earlier. Perhaps I was in the minority, but I came away from the clan pack release impressed with the balance they achieved (I do remember many saying the same). Surprisingly so. The clan had certain advantages in some areas and disadvantages in others. I play both clan and IS, and had no serious issues with the capabilities of the clan on the battlefield. whether facing them or using them. I die equally to both, and I don't particularly fear the clan anymore than I do the IS. Others clearly disagreed about this perceived balance and voiced their opinions much more loudly. In any case, I expected to see some differences between the stated values tested on the PTS and the patch, but that wasn't the case. It doesn't seem like incremental changes or small tweaks, which I expected. In some cases it seems like some heavy handed nerfs that greatly impact the performance of certain systems (ERSL). Some of the changes were things that I've never seen anyone complain about (IS ERLL, Pulse Lasers). To be clear, I did expect there to be incremental changes after the release of the clan packs, but nothing of this magnitude. It seems like in some ways a dramatically different product than the one I purchased. But...balance, I guess.

Edited by Josef Koba, 05 September 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#5 Fuligin

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

View PostJosef Koba, on 05 September 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

It seems like in some ways a dramatically different product than the one I purchased.

Lesson learned for me: don't buy anything from PGI. Took me a few rounds of this buy package, receive nerf to get the message, but now I have it loud and clear.

#6 ericbrown84

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEugene Oregon

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostFuligin, on 05 September 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

Lesson learned for me: don't buy anything from PGI. Took me a few rounds of this buy package, receive nerf to get the message, but now I have it loud and clear.

Agreed, i have spent about $350 total on this game, pgi will never get another cent from me.

#7 Sancho Kabrinski

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationIn a Ghost Bear Clan dropship

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:51 AM

Same here, wallet is closed for pgi.

#8 MD Jasyn Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:07 AM

agreed..... no more spending money on this game... lesson learned.... Fool me once, shame on you.... Fool me twice, shame on me.....

#9 Leded

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

View Postericbrown84, on 05 September 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

Agreed, i have spent about $350 total on this game, pgi will never get another cent from me.

jeez and look at me. :blink:

#10 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

I was also impressed by the balance they had achieved but it is dying fast. All because PGI looks at the stats of a handful of competitive gamers and assumes they represent the whole.

#11 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

New patch, no roll-back of the nerfs.
Dear members of PGI. Heat is a HUGE problem on clan mechs.

Quick Solution:

Reduce heat on ALL weapon Systems (IS and Clan) by 10-15%

#12 Vaderman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostLeded, on 06 September 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

jeez and look at me. :blink:

/comfort Don't feel so bad bro. Having purchased founder and phoenix I had a bad feeling about the clan pack.

Still couldn't stop myself from getting a T-Wolf but, yeah, I've become very leery of purchasing anything other than mechbays and perhaps some premium time every once in a while.

#13 Bobbit

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

You guys are funny.....

You 'bought' mechs before you knew how they would perform. (so you bought blind)
You had already played a game that gets tweaked frequently (you knew this was coming)

Clan tech was far too powerful. I play IS and my KDR has suffered greatly over thousands of games. I'm not one of the 'Handful' of pro gamers, though I do play regularly in a team.

Before you whine about clans being more powerful in law, they also used to have a code that ultimately balanced them. Now you have extra clan power hiding behind a rock, to pop out, alpha and pop back. (more power, same noob)

So unless Clanners are prepared to fight 2:1 like in law, the nerfs were inevitable.

How many Phoenix or Founders are posting here about spending no more money... You have seen and heard the rants for months (or years) now... and still spent more...

Right, enough b1tchs1ap, back to what I enjoy... Playing MWO and finding ways to kill filthy clanners...

Edited by Bobbit, 09 September 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#14 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:30 AM

Clan mechs are still better than IS mechs. If anybody should get a refund it's the Founders and those who bought the Phoenix package.

#15 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:25 AM

you should have looked before you bought, it clearly states that clan mechs[weapons] are subject to change what do you guys think that meant.its childish to ask for your money back.

#16 DrunkandDisorderly

• Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDayton Ohio

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

Dear P><is Gra><ing Id><ts, we the people of this game are tired of the Obama like administration running this fine title. Please sell this game to another company, other than Blizzard or EA. As we are sick of bait and switch tactics, the lack of ability to keep a production schedule, and the straight out lies. I am nobody in this games community, but I share the feelings of the vast majority of your rapidly declining player base. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I really don't think money spent on this game is a true reflection for affection, also include drops. Pre-launch I played over 11 thousand drops. Since release I don't think I've even played 2 thousand. Why the massive decline, well simply put, more and more bugs, with higher and higher prices, and reduced in game currency rewards. Made everything extremely more grind oriented, and it made the new tech stuff much harder to get into. Adults with money for the majority work for it, we don't have time to spend grinding 20-30 hours a week, to earn one mech. Then when you finally get it, you have some Richard, that dropped 250 for your clan pack literally 1 round you, cause your hit detection and damage application is so broken it makes me want to kick kittens. What I'm talking about is a Guass x 2 c er l build. My summoner was at 98% health, DWF fires his alpha i die. Two guass and some er's should not peal and core a a almost cherry summoner with 76 frontal ct armor. He was the only one with los, no other damage on kill screen. Your system is broken crap. My wallet remains closed to your company till its either restaffed or sold off.

DrunkandDonewithyourbulls><T.

Edited by DrunkandDisorderly, 13 September 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#17 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

If I could get a timberwolf skin for catapults, I would pay hard cash to buy it along with hard cash to buy catapults (granted the price is reasonable).

#18 drinniol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostDrunkandDisorderly, on 13 September 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

[Rambling nonsense]

Hey, guess what - you can get cored in one alpha from IS mechs in clan mechs, too.

When the clan vs. IS test result came with a 90% win rate for the clans and CW very soon dividing IS vs clans - what did you think will happen? Basically, you are endorsing pay-to-win and now you want a refund because your pay-to isn't winning?

In polite terms, you can go jump.

#19 Nyuuu

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

I just love the butthurt in this thread, all the guys that droped money for something accidentially overpowerd, now whining their toy is taken away while the clealy knew what they where spending their money on. It was stated ages ago that they will be balanced on a 1v1 basis vs IS mechs.

And should anyone really feel entitled to call them balanced in their release state...
Go and name me a non clan pack mech able to carry the Weapon Loadout of a IS Assault, get the armour protection of an IS Heavy while moving at the speed of a well engined IS Medium.
Go ahead, I dare you....

#20 Scam Newton

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

I am so glad I bailed before Clan Mechs were delivered. I learned my lesson early with all the inept patches they were rolling out. Just zero confidence in their ability to deliver the product. I love the game, but they would have to change 180 degrees to get me to invest anymore time much less money in it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users