• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

Challenge completed.

This was the best challenge since I have registered here a year ago.

There was teamwork and communication between the players ingame and in chat.
Kills are paid with points but assists count more. That's awesome. It was a demanding challenge but you can collect points without winning or doing kills. Your support is needed. That's why this challenge is awesome!

Even if I used LRM boats by myself to support my team to win and to use the provided NARC and TAG, there were too many LRM boats out there. TAG and NARC assist points draw them from the woodwork. I would also reward base capturing, point capturing, ECM counter and so on.

Keep up the good work for the next challenge.

#22 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

Got tier 2 reward with some awesome people, and as an eternal PUGger myself, i have to say it's a good experience. Wanted to get tier 3 reward, but my internet connection went gooey today and i only have a little time to play at weekdays. Looking forward to -more-than-4-man- challenges (surpise us, PGI)! ;)

edit: censored word :P

Edited by Discarius, 07 September 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#23 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

Still not finished yet, c'mon, need more successful matches :( !

#24 Ashrahm

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

Invite Ashrahm

Looking to play.

#25 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Gotta say the lance challenge has been the best experience for me as far as challenges are concerned.

#26 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

Presumably the challenge is providing data on whether it's okay to bring solos into group-queue..?

(and hopefully not whether it's good to limit group-queue to 4s only. :rolleyes:)

#27 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

View Postdraiocht, on 07 September 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Presumably the challenge is providing data on whether it's okay to bring solos into group-queue..?

(and hopefully not whether it's good to limit group-queue to 4s only. :rolleyes:)

Nah, it's probably just a way to balance out the solo only challenge last week. It may also provide data on the new challenge point system it's using.

Limit to 4 only isn't coming back. Too many would be up in arms our outright leave. And since it's a premade lance of 4, it's hardly a PUG group in the group queue.

#28 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

Was a good challenge. And I got to run with several people I have not ran with before.

Thanks.

#29 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Completed mine this morning. Was nice to drop with some new people in groups to do this. I have been meaning to do that and get use to TS more. Thanks to anyone I dropped with for the matches.

Lots of good games and fun. Got rolled a couple times as well but that happens. SO many LRMs in play but that was expected with the points system. Radar dep module and at least one person bring an ECM!

Did it all in either a Jager-S (primarily), Ilya, and a little bit in a Cicada-3m. No LRMs for me. Did throw a tag on my Cicada a few matches for friendly boats but otherwise was just ECM cover or laser poking people.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 07 September 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#30 GRAND MASTER GORE

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 66 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

2 THUMBS UP!

#31 Bmetranger

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostTiger Dad, on 06 September 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

Not liking this challenge as much. I know there were complaints about people being able to get their teams and friends in to play and earn points but it's harder for us "lone wolves." At least they had a chance to earn the achievements. I on the other hand, can't find a lance for my life. But it is what it is. Thanks for the constant challenges and ways to earn stuff.

Go to the recruitment page their are plenty of groups for you to join.

#32 bot141

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

I can't seem to see any of the hero mech that are suppose to be on sale, they all still show up as full price. Has the sale ended or something?

#33 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

View Posttong169, on 07 September 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

I can't seem to see any of the hero mech that are suppose to be on sale, they all still show up as full price. Has the sale ended or something?

Indeed, no heroes on sale right now.

#34 haosith

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostBront, on 07 September 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Indeed, no heroes on sale right now.

Same, wanted to buy Heavy Metal or Dragon Slayer, but no sale at all...

#35 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

I truly think this is the best challenge mechanic we had so far! Unfortunately I didn't find the time to play the game this weekend, but i am hoping there will be a return of this type of challenge.

Special note goes to the point mechanic which seams great! I like the idea of stressing teamplay, although i think it is ok to reward the same for kills than assists.

Improvement suggestion is that you could run such events for a whole week instead of just the weekend. I for example would happily try to complete the challenge this week, but had absolutely no time during the weekend. Keep up the good work!

Two few sidenotes:
  • The august preview thread by ross was great, but i was hoping for it to be a repetitive thing!
  • Please add images or textual descriptions to color sales! Still haven't found Zircon or Jungle. Thanks for Hellblau, was waiting for that one!

Edited by Myke Pantera, 07 September 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#36 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 07 September 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Two few sidenotes:
  • The august preview thread by ross was great, but i was hoping for it to be a repetitive thing!
  • Please add images or textual descriptions to color sales! Still haven't found Zircon or Jungle. Thanks for Hellblau, was waiting for that one!

Ditto on the color comment. Very difficult to find. A library of colors in the store similar to the mech list would be useful (and likely not involve much new coding). Likewise with camouflage patterns.

#37 GRAND MASTER GORE

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 66 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

Please add me for challenge group up -> "Grand Gore"

Edited by Grand Gore, 07 September 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#38 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 07 September 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

I truly think this is the best challenge mechanic we had so far! Unfortunately I didn't find the time to play the game this weekend, but i am hoping there will be a return of this type of challenge.

You have sometime left... does not end until Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 at 10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC.

#39 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostCatalina Steiner, on 07 September 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Challenge completed.

This was the best challenge since I have registered here a year ago.

There was teamwork and communication between the players ingame and in chat.
Kills are paid with points but assists count more. That's awesome. It was a demanding challenge but you can collect points without winning or doing kills. Your support is needed. That's why this challenge is awesome!

[snip]

Keep up the good work for the next challenge.

Agree fully with this! ^

Even if I didn't use any LRMs, just by using lights and brawler assaults I managed to complete this challenge with 60+ hours to spare.

As I posted in the General Discussion, this is by far, the best Challenge PGI created and I hope it helps tweaking ideas and concepts for future challenges and for future CW missions.

Thanks for the Challenge and since a picture is worth more than words, here goes:
Posted Image

Note: Didn't want to wait any further for the final animation to complete, takes just too damn long :P

#40 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

Nice challange !
But also think about a way how single players can take part...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users