Answered

27 replies to this topic

#1 PASHA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:31 AM

Ever since the server migration, my connection to MWO's site results in not fully loaded web pages: http://i.imgur.com/Es8cQJ2.jpg

I use Chrome, and I've tried a /flushdns prompt and resetting modem. I am connecting from Australia, but some Clan mates from Aus say their connections are fine.

What gives?

#2 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hey!

I just want to confirm that I have exactly the same problem while using Firefox. I can confirm this on two systems that are completely seperated: A. my personal computer B. the computer at my office.

Deleting cache and cookies did not help at all. Randomly, sites are displayed correctly, though about 80% are fubar.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

Some AU ISPs are routing across the Pacifc (as normal) but SOME AU ISP's are routing across Asia/Across Europe/Across the Atlantic. That might be the root of the issue, I wonder what a traceRT looks like from your end?

#4 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

Seems to be fixed now if it was faulty on their side or my PCs just recovered from a hickup.

#5 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:11 AM

Same here, on 3 different pcs so it must be an site problem.

#6 Thexder

Rookie

• The Determined
  • 4 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in the trenches

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

Been having the same issue since the migration. Thought it might been a problem my end but have tried it on my PC & mac with the same results. Also tried it on 2 different friends machines and still the same issue with the site's layout. I'm with Adam Internet in South Australia.

Did a trace and it looks like I'm being routed normally to mwomercs.com

Edited by Thexder, 10 September 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#7 Bromineberry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

I'm having the exact same problem, it all started with the server migration. I tried four different devices, with three operating systems and two different browsers in several versions. One laptop was especially funny, because one moment, the website looked fine, ten minutes later it was screwed again, and an hour later, it was ok before it was unbearable again. Interestingly, the login screen still looks normal.

#8 PASHA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:15 AM

I did a tracert to mwomercs.com and the route seemed fine. However I still get a "broken" site when I look it up on my browser, and hit detection has been pretty much hit or miss (no pun intended).

== @DEVELOPER/MOD == I've sent a ticket days ago to support that has gone unanswered. Can someone PLEASE comment on this? It's been like this since the server migration.

#9 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:10 AM

I have the same prob, on different browsers, different computers and even different ISPs. It seems to be time-related though, at night (GMT) the forums usually appears "normal".

#10 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

i got the same problem, tested chrome, firefox and even Internet Explorer, deleted all history, cleared all caches, cookies and everything, even ran CCleaner, didn't solve the issue.
BUT it works fine on my notebook, same browsers, same connection, same OS (Win 7 Pro) Scratch that, not working...

in 5% of my refreshes the site loads normal on this machine too.

I had this issue way back when the site was crappy slow (i think because website and gameservers were running on the same machines), issue was solved when the webservers were moved (like half a year ago?), now it happens again since the last server migration.

This is my tracert, lines 8 and 9 are timeouts.

Posted Image

this issue is higly annoying =/

Edited by VIPER2207, 16 September 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#11 Lucius Vaudois

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

Same problem here. I have it on two different PCs, using Firefox.

#12 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

same here, from europe.

I even used all our sites from work across europe, not just germany and I get the same bug everywhere. not all the time, though.

For me it seems a website problem, when you change to a secure connection with https:// all pages are fine, it is just the htttp connection that loses the CSS file.

This makes mwomercs.com unusable from europe at the moment.

#13 Black Templar

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:38 AM

site is broken for me. connecting from germany with latest firefox.

#14 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostBlack Templar, on 15 September 2014 - 12:38 AM, said:

site is broken for me. connecting from germany with latest firefox.

Same for me.

The Transverse page seems to have problems too. Getting database error when loging in or going to forum when logged in.

#15 PASHA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

Can a mod please comment on this? The issue seems to have been around for well over a week and many people are still affected by it including myself.

#16 ball0fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQLD australia

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

this **** is still going on, its been well over a week , it started when they moved servers and hasn't been fixed since.

its stuffed on every browser I have firefox, waterfox, internet exploder , and chrome

#17 Nippon

• PipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMagdebursch

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hi,
same issue on 2x PC with Google Chrome and Moz. Firefox. I'm from Berlin, Germany and many players of my Steiner "Clan" are monitoring the same problem.
Tried everything - including delete all temporary files, cookies...

Website looks so annoying ;)

Fix it please!

#18 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

Broken here as shown in original post as well for several days now. Germany, various PCs, various browsers, various providers. In my humble opinion, this sucks big time.

Edit: doesn't even work on my Android phone (Kitkat 4.4.4). Ridiculous.

Edited by Besterino, 16 September 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#19 Coro Ner

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:51 AM

I can confirm this - the site shows up strange/ wrong with Firefox AND IE from Europe. Some misbehavior in database i assume. Plz fix ^^

#20 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostPasha Osis, on 07 September 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

Ever since the server migration, my connection to MWO's site results in not fully loaded web pages: http://i.imgur.com/Es8cQJ2.jpg

I use Chrome, and I've tried a /flushdns prompt and resetting modem. I am connecting from Australia, but some Clan mates from Aus say their connections are fine.

What gives?

Trust me, you are not alone here. Same issue!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users