Support Backlog - Update!

141 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Now that you've heard the big news regarding the publishing of MWO, I wanted to take an opportunity to discuss my current backlog.
With the transition of powers taking place: Social Media, Support and Moderation are now falling under responsibility of PGI's Community Management. (Oh hey, that's me). On top of this, I am taking a greater role in preparing the write-ups and helping design the latest events, challenges and sales. I would like to apologize for the outstanding delays experienced by players in receiving responses as a result of the massive undertaking.

To let you know what we are looking ahead towards: Roughly 700+ Support Requests, 60+ Forum Reports, and even once those are out of the way: Many personal messages.

Never fear. Reinforcements have arrived....
Three new CSR agents have joined us to help improve our ability to respond and support you! You should be hearing from them or myself very soon. In the meantime, feel free to welcome them to the team!

Edit: October Backlog Update!

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 15 October 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

General
  • No Ticket Confirmation from ZenDesk
    • Your Spam Folder could be filtering out or blocking our responses.
    • An issue may have occurred on ticketing systems. One such issue occurred yesterday, causing numerous tickets to be held for several hours before flowing from the e-mails into ZenDesk.
      • Please wait 24 hours before re-sending your ticket.
      • If you have already received an automated response, please be patient for our human response: Generating more tickets will not speed up the processing of your oldest ticket.
    • Your Ticket wasn't created.
      • ​Ensure your e-mail client or service is working correctly by sending yourself an email.
      • Ensure your browser is up to date and has scripts enabled,
        • ​ If you are unable to send us a ticket through the website, please e-mail support@mwomercs.com.
  • Ticket is numbered less than #140001 and was never properly resolved.
    • These are tickets which were directed into the old Zendesk system maintained by IGP. If your issue was not handled since the transition of services, we apologize and ask that you send us your issue again.
  • Ticket is numbered above #140001 and has yet to receive a human response.
    • Hold tight: We are coming.
    • We presently have 3 full-time agents working regular business hours to help resolve this backlog and bring us back on track. These agents are normal human beings who take weekends and sometimes sleep.
    • I’m still here too: More quiet than usual with this backlog being our top priority. I don’t sleep and I believe weekends are a fifth-column attempt to destroy our way of life. I suspect the conspirators behind this plot are the same who have spread a mean flu around to try prevent us from better serving you.
Technical
  • Visual Freezes on Nvidia
    • This issue appears to be generally related to recent firmware updates to Nvidia Drivers.
      • If you are experiencing this issue, please try performing a clean re-installation of your Nvidia drivers.
  • Ghosting from Post-AA
    • This is one of our known issues and we hope to get it resolved soon!
  • Connectivity Issues
    • ​Many of these have already been resolved manually by us or self-healed by the network.
    • Please keep an eye out at the status of your connection before sending any connectivity concerns. If you are experiencing connectivity issues in other games, your issue might be sourcing from your ISP or home network.
Billing Support
  • No Receipt for purchase from PayPal
    • This may be related to general e-mail/spam filtering issues.
    • This may also be related to an ongoing issue being investigated by PlaySpan and PayPal.
      • You can contact PayPal support to have a new receipt generated. We are not able to create receipts in PayPal’s name.
      • If in doubt, you can check on the status of a Pre-Order here:
        • https://mwomercs.com/profile/preorders
        • If your pre-order has been purchased, and the transaction has been completely processed (including any delays related to chequing/bank account options in PayPal), and you still don’t have confirmation of the Collection on the Pre-Orders page, we ask that you contact Support.
  • Payment made through PayPal with Chequing option, not yet received.
    • A purchase from PayPal which includes a transfer from your bank account may several days to process before our game is given confirmation that the transaction has been completed. We apologize for delays from these, as we cannot in any way change or speed up these processing times. We appreciate your patience.
  • PayPal Receipt received, no confirmation from UltimatePay or on MWO
    • This is another issue we are trying to assist UltimatePay and PayPal to resolve ASAP. We have yet to discover an exact reason or pattern to why these have occurred
      • Please contact Support so that we may manually correct the issue. This is a lengthy multi-step process due to the issues between UltimatePay and PayPal at and we apologize for delays as a result.
    • If you encountered this issue: We would be grateful if you can include the following information as well to help us find precise steps to reproduce the purchase error, this can include info such as:
      • Your browser and it’s version.
      • Whether you are using a script blocker, ad blocker, firewall, or anti-virus, and if so, which?
      • Whether you paused or went AFK between opening the purchase window and completing the purchase?
      • What kind of connection you are using, for example: Wi-fi on a cable network; tethered to LTE/3G; Lostech 56k modem; School/Office network.
Moderation
  • With the resolution of the IFF indicator issue, we now feel comfortable handling many of those less explicit cases of Team Damage again.
  • Another issue had to be corrected, which was temporarily preventing us from seeing the Team Damage stats for a couple of days.
  • An additional glitch had taken place in which the logs of players who have played over 3000ish games were becoming unavailable to us, this issue has also since been resolved.
  • I am in the process of poking the design team to help us get better in-game moderation tools into the pipeline. The first of such has already been added with the ability to enable/disable All Chat in Settings.
Account Support
  • Modules
    • If you appear to be missing modules:
      • Please use the Strip Mech function to recover your modules.
  • C-Bill Items
    • We have received a number of tickets regarding un-wanted C-Bill items where players do not appear to be aware of how to sell items in-game.
      • If you have a C-Bill item you wish to remove, please sell it in the in-game inventory menu.
  • Camo Specs
    • We have received tickets regarding confusion over how Camo Spec unlocks work:
    • Single-Use: Applied once to the selected Mech: Must be purchased each time used.
    • Chassis-Unlock: Unlocked to all variants of the selected Mech: Can be used freely on any variant of that chassis after purchase.
      • Due to the amount of art-work involved in creating a Camo for each Chassis and the growing number of Chassis’ with each passing month: There are no plans to add a global unlock for Camos as there are for paints.
  • Premium Time
    • Premium Time is a subscription service
      • Any Premium Time purchased from the store is automatically activated, not unlike a gym membership, a newspaper subscription, and so forth.
      • Any Premium Time provided for free from a challenge or event is activated upon being received. It is not designed nor intended to be held.
      • Banked Premium Time is only available in Collection Pre-Orders
    • We have also received tickets regarding Premium Time being auto-activated
      • If you can see the “Activate” button in the MechLab, it means you have banked Premium Time. This will not appear if your PT Bank is empty.
      • Clicking the Activate button will offer you a prompt detailing how much time you have banked and asking if you would like to activate that subscription.
      • Banked Premium Time cannot be activated without player intervention. If you share your account with a family member or friend, which is a violation of our Terms of Use, your goods will be at risk without recourse. Please do not share your account with anyone. If you have friends who would like to play, please invite them to create their own account.
  • Unit Creation / Modification / etc…
    • The ability to modify Unit settings are starting to be made available by our new Tools Engineer. I'll be testing these tools later this week. If everything seems to work okay, I'll be able to start pouring through some of the tickets left on hold for those very tools. Thanks to the Units who have been so patient in this regard

#2 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

So uh, you guys figure out how to let me create Murphy's Law in Community Warfare yet?

#3 Karl Carver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

Welcome to the 3 new people.

(I met Alexander via email today)

I hope they enjoy their time in our little universe as much as we all do

#4 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Welcome, new guys, good luck with the backlog.

And thanks for this post, awesome communication is awesome.

#5 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

You got my vote Nikolai!

Knock 'em dead Champ!

Oh yeah, and also...greetings new folks!

#6 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for the Comms and welcome to the new guys!

#7 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

So none of these guys got any experience in the gaming industry? they ex IGP staff?.

#8 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

Greetings all,

Welcome, and good luck to the team additions.

9erRed

#9 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

Fresh fish!

Thanks for the update. Communication is all i ask, Niko. This is a great start.

#10 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

You can probably safely ignore most of my tickets, as most of them were dealing with someone who is no longer around. :ph34r:

#11 CorranHorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:03 PM

Welcome all to the MW:O universe, I hope you stay is enjoyable enough with what you are going to be doing.

#12 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

Good to hear Niko, lots of faith has been restored tonight.
Feeling good about the future.

Edited by xeromynd, 09 September 2014 - 07:26 AM.

#13 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

Welcome to the team ... your desk is over here --> (funny link)

#14 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:16 PM

HA HA HA FRESH MEAT!!!!

Ok, welcome to the new guys =)

And thanks for the info Nikolai, always nice!

See you on battlefield, mechwarriors

#15 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

Is GM Patience, patient?

#16 Fiona Marshe Pureborn

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

Completely off topic...

<chants>Urbanmech! Urbanmech! Urbanmech! </chant>

#17 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:19 AM

A growing team is a sign of a growing company. Grats on the success. Let's keep this project going full steam ahead.

#18 SoulReaver DA

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 73 posts
  • LocationOlympia Washington

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:18 AM

Oh...I don't envy the new kids on the block. Hope they stocked up on extra strength migraine meds!

#19 Hellzero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

Glad to hear Niko Snow that you're getting some well needed backup!

- I hope the workload will turn a little after some point, but as a suggestion=
*--> Make a thread to help out give ideas for the Challenges/Events in the forums(at some stage); I'm sure you'll get some ideas from here; as many would love to oblige to these sort of things.

#20 Kabum

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

Welcome to the new trio of talents.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users