• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:33 AM

Welcome to your ideas, Cycloner, but 21 tons of room is 21 tons of room. :D The only config that stopped me and made me go "damn" was the UAC20+6ERMLas config. Except with the armor bumped up you only have 3 tons of ammo and no additional DHS, which 16 is too few for it. :\

It is also only 80 tons, meaning, yeah, sure, it is an assault. Barely. It has marginally more armor than a Timber Wolf, and likely a much larger silhouette. That does not bode well for it. While I am sure there is a way to be successful with the mech, it really needed an engine that was a class size about 50 smaller. Could have kept some fantastic speed, and have had room for more punch.

#182 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

As someone who runs a 400XL on my Pretty Baby (partially because I lack a 380), I am looking forward to the Gargoyle.

But then... the Locust was what I was looking forward to in the Phoenix set, AND I have the aforementioned PB so my opinion may be invalid there. :P

#183 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 16 September 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

As someone who runs a 400XL on my Pretty Baby (partially because I lack a 380), I am looking forward to the Gargoyle.

But then... the Locust was what I was looking forward to in the Phoenix set, AND I have the aforementioned PB so my opinion may be invalid there. :P

Dont feel bad i run the 400XL in my PB also lol. I still hate that thing :o :P

#184 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 16 September 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Dont feel bad i run the 400XL in my PB also lol. I still hate that thing :o :P

I use a 400XL on my Battlemaster-3M, it's not bad too.

For my PB i prefer the XL380, i have a good heat management with this, and the speed is decent =)

I think i'm going to like this Gargoyle, the fast Assault are my weapon of choice! I hope they will release the variants with a lot of energy hardpoints, it's going to be easier to create a good loadout. And the 16 fixed DHS are here for something!!!

#185 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:26 AM

View PostAleski, on 16 September 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

I use a 400XL on my Battlemaster-3M, it's not bad too.

For my PB i prefer the XL380, i have a good heat management with this, and the speed is decent =)

I think i'm going to like this Gargoyle, the fast Assault are my weapon of choice! I hope they will release the variants with a lot of energy hardpoints, it's going to be easier to create a good loadout. And the 16 fixed DHS are here for something!!!

I think we will see the variants in the next week or so.

I prefer my assaults medium paced and full of weapons lol. I wont mind mainly energy as long as I have at least one ballistic (i was running 1x Gauss/3x ERLL before it was popular lol).

#186 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:55 AM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 17 September 2014 - 01:26 AM, said:

I think we will see the variants in the next week or so.

I prefer my assaults medium paced and full of weapons lol. I wont mind mainly energy as long as I have at least one ballistic (i was running 1x Gauss/3x ERLL before it was popular lol).

It's just about playstyle =)
I really like the warhawk too, he can load big ballistics, energy and missiles and he has a good maneuvrability compare to the whale... But running at 80kph in an assault is just so cool too! and it can be very efficient if you flank well, and understand your role in the battlefield.

In a coordinate lance with medium, heavies and fast assault, you can make great things! When you have to wait for the whale or that slow DDC during the match, sometimes it can ruin your party! It's just a different feeling and a very different strategy ;)

#187 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

View PostAleski, on 17 September 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

It's just about playstyle =)
I really like the warhawk too, he can load big ballistics, energy and missiles and he has a good maneuvrability compare to the whale... But running at 80kph in an assault is just so cool too! and it can be very efficient if you flank well, and understand your role in the battlefield.

In a coordinate lance with medium, heavies and fast assault, you can make great things! When you have to wait for the whale or that slow DDC during the match, sometimes it can ruin your party! It's just a different feeling and a very different strategy ;)

true, I favor the more Black Widow Company and a few others that escape me. Bring as many badarse slow moving assaults to the party, kickarse and take names regardless of how long it takes for you to get there :)

#188 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

I already see what will happen in 1vs1: my opponent may be a Dire Wolf. Fine. It will hurt me, but by the time he will have turned to follow me i will already be on its other side .. :D

Seriosly, with an XL400 will the Gargoyle have the agility of a light 'Mech? :o :D

#189 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 September 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

I already see what will happen in 1vs1: my opponent may be a Dire Wolf. Fine. It will hurt me, but by the time he will have turned to follow me i will already be on its other side .. :D

Seriosly, with an XL400 will the Gargoyle have the agility of a light 'Mech? :o :D

Not of a light mech, but it's going to be far more agile than the two other assault of the clans ;)

It's impossible to test his agility with the PB as an equivalent, because he has some deceleration quirks, and on the Dragon Slayer, it has some torsos quirks...

And i hope this mech will have some positive quirks, for the Prime variants, he has only 5 hardpoints... If he torso twist like a Yen-lo-Wang that should be funny! :ph34r:

#190 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostAleski, on 17 September 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

And i hope this mech will have some positive quirks, for the Prime variants, he has only 5 hardpoints... If he torso twist like a Yen-lo-Wang that should be funny! :ph34r:

Why do i think that 5 hardpoints are not so few? ^_^ Oh come on! When are we going to get templates on Smurfy?! :lol:

#191 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 September 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

Why do i think that 5 hardpoints are not so few? ^_^ Oh come on! When are we going to get templates on Smurfy?! :lol:

Patience.
You are no Jaguar or Falcon after all. :P

#192 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 17 September 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

Patience.
You are no Jaguar or Falcon after all. :P

Neg :P

And you are no longer Wolf :o

#193 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 September 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

And you are no longer Wolf :o

Never was Clan Wolf
Still Lone Wolf though ;)

#194 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 17 September 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Never was Clan Wolf
Still Lone Wolf though ;)

Oh. You are right.

Apparently your name has hypnotized me so much that i created a false memory in which you used to have Clan Wolf tags.

Oh. Well... Time to go to bed i assume :P I have had enough headaches arguing in the forums for today.

Edited by CyclonerM, 17 September 2014 - 01:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users