Wave 2 Speculation

196 replies to this topic

#1 Seeker Kirov

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

Russ mentioned on the Twitch cast tonight that there will be 4 'Mechs (+ a 5th bonus 'Mech? I was confused on that part) in a Wave 2 pack coming in a few months. One of each weight class. Anyone care to speculate?

Going by TRO 3050 the choices are limited:

Lights:
Fire Moth (has MASC, so not really an option)
Mist Lynx

Mediums:
Ice Ferret
Viper (implies some wonky animations unless Alex does something creative with the design)

Heavies:
Hellbringer
Mad Dog

Assaults:
Executioner (has MASC, again not an option)
Gargoyle (ugly as sin)

#2 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

I think the executioner would be a good choice. show banshee pilots that their is no equal

#3 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

The Kodiak, possibly. Its really the only Totem we're going to see, and its definitely the most well-known one. If its not in Wave 2, we'll see it eventually. While it doesn't quite fit right with the technical readout, its easily in the top three of requested clan mechs, next to the Shadow Cat and the Mad Dog.

I have no contest with the two heavy mechs you suggested. Though my favourite Clan Mech is the Hellbringer, we're more likely to see the Mad Dog first. That is probably the most wanted mech, IS or Clan, out of any.

As for mediums, I would hope for the Viper over the Ice Ferret. We need 40 tons mechs, the only existing one is the Cicada, and the only Cicada I've seen in the past month was my own Cicada, gathering dust.

In the Town Hall, when MASC was discussed, he said, without any hesitation, that he would consider releasing mechs without MASC, but the way he said it made it sound like he wasn't sure of the possibility, so I think its safer to side against the Fire Moth and Executioner.

#4 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

Clearly The Kodiak and the Mad Dog.

That is enough for me to wet my pants in excitement at wave 2.

Posted Image

#5 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

Either way, Once the option to pre-order comes, . . . . . sold.
They had my at founder, and this time I will not make the mistake and not buy max. lol

#6 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

I'd probably bet on Mist Lynx, Ice Ferret, Hellbringer, and Gargoyle with maybe the Mad dog as the 'bonus' 5th mech. I'd like to see all of the remaining eight to be honest but like you said the MASC will probably hinder that.

#7 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

mad dog and Hellbringer has been mentioned by devs on NGNG. If they didn't put the mad dog in then they need to enroll in economics 101 and learn that "demand = supply"

For mediums i hoping for the Shadow Cat because right now long range combat is the way to go and a mech with arms raised near it's head just makes it so much easier

Edited by Grimwill, 08 September 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#8 Stormwolfe13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts
  • LocationJersey Strong

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

Could the viper possibly be the Black Python which is also known by the name of Viper? It's a heavy 'mech (circa 3051)... I do not know if he specifically stated that the viper was coming and that it would be a medium 'mech. This is a 'mech I would love to see in the game: http://www.sarna.net...lack_Python.jpg

Edited by Stormwolfe13, 08 September 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#9 IceTitan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOntario/Canada

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

If it's not an omni mech, then it's not going to be in the pack fyi... their just adding more omni mechs to the list.

#10 Armament

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 198 posts
  • LocationPiloting a Dire Wolf.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

I need another gold mech. Pls sell more p2w gold mechs in wave 2!

#11 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostStormwolfe13, on 08 September 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Could the viper possibly be the Black Python which is also known by the name of Viper? It's a heavy 'mech (circa 3051)... I do not know if he specifically stated that the viper was coming and that it would be a medium 'mech. This is a 'mech I would love to see in the game: http://www.sarna.net...lack_Python.jpg

40 ton Viper (known as Dragonfly to the IS)
75 ton Black Python (known as the Viper to the IS)

Two different mechs

#12 FoXabre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

To me it makes perfect sense (Considering at this point in time, no MASC) that...

Light = Mist Lynx
Medium = Viper/Ice Ferret
Heavy = Mad Dog
Assault = Gargoyle
Bonus = Hellbringer *

However, I would like them to simply add MASC as a non functioning component (like the Command Console initially) to get this...

Light = Fire Moth
Medium = Shadow Cat
Heavy = Mad Dog
Assault = Executioner
Bonus = Hellbringer *

I think you'd find that a lot of people would find it hard to resist a package deal like that.

* (Maybe switched with Mad Dog? Not sure if bonus ECM heavy is the best way to go)

#13 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

http://www.sarna.net...i/Cauldron_Born

Cauldron Born would be another mech that would fit the heavy build.

#14 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

Let's see here. I'd say go finish off the other half of the original 16.

As for my picks:
Mist Lynx... Since they are still messing with MASC, sorry Fire Moth it was fun dashing around with you in MW2, but you'll have a wait a while longer.

When it comes to mediums I don't know since I haven't seen either Viper or Ice Ferret in a mechwarrior game before, nor have I heard about them outside of people on these forums (and maybe in the lore text in mechwarrior 2, but I would have forgetton it by now).
Though when it comes to mediums, I'm waiting on the Shadow Cat.

When it comes to heavies... Well I'm probably biased, but the Mad Dog. While I do see my fair share of the Hellbringer around (and in one mission in MW2 made me like Hellbringers a lot), I don't see it anywhere nearly as much as the Mad Dog.
On a side note: Hunchback, Hellbringer, Summoner, Warhammer all look very similar to me so it's hard for me to like one over the others.
While I'm not a fan of piloting them, the Ebon Jaguars are something I'd like to see in game. It should come after Hellbringer + Mad Dog though.

Assaults
Gladiator since they have been in mechwarrior games before, and well, no masc, sorry Executioner (and Ghost Bears)!

#15 Panthros

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

Russ said no mechs with MASC are being worked on at this time. So the list is much more simple IMHO.

Light Mist Lynx (Top speed of 118.8 km/h)
Medium Ice Ferret (Top speed of 129.6 km/h)
Heavy Mad Dog
Assault Gargoyle

And the free one being the Hellbringer

I included top speed on the light and medium as I think that is lacking compared to Inner Sphere mechs and these will work nicely to combat those faster mechs.

Edited by Panthros, 08 September 2014 - 11:26 PM.

#16 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:38 AM

Wait! They said that they were not working on a second Clan pack :wacko:

I badly want Mad Dog, Gargoyle, Ice Ferret and Mist Lynx but i am not really so ready to spend more real money right now.. I was hoping that the next Clan 'Mechs would be released in the standard way, HERO, MC, C-bills.

Besides, many would be fast to scream "money grab" as this sale would be very close to the last one.. :mellow:

#17 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostPanthros, on 08 September 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

Russ said no mechs with MASC are being worked on at this time. So the list is much more simple IMHO.

Light Mist Lynx (Top speed of 118.8 km/h)
Medium Ice Ferret (Top speed of 129.6 km/h)
Heavy Mad Dog
Assault Gargoyle

And the free one being the Hellbringer

I included top speed on the light and medium as I think that is lacking compared to Inner Sphere mechs and these will work nicely to combat those faster mechs.

put this in a pack and take my money.

#18 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:38 AM

I'm guessing they are going to be mechs from the second wave of clan invasion? So Hell's Horses ... etc.

#19 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 September 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

I'm guessing they are going to be mechs from the second wave of clan invasion? So Hell's Horses ... etc.

Still have plenty of mechs from the first wave to cover. As was said, Hellbringer, Mad Dog, Gargoyle, Mist Lynx, and Ice Ferret are all fair game.

Benefit of Mad Dog: 6M configuration is possible.
Benefit of Hellbringer: Provides a second ECM capable mech for the Clans and is the first Heavy mech with ECM.
Benefits of Mist Lynx: Fast-ish light mech option, and C config is ECM capable.

If they expand it to the second wave Clan mechs, you can include: Arctic Cheetah, Ebon Jaguar, Huntsman, and... actually, not sure what second wave assault mech would work, considering the Supernova is second line non-omni. o_0

Benefit of Arctic Cheetah: Best light mech in the game, bar none, with ECM, JJ, and 4E2M in its prime configuration.
Benefit of Huntsman: Functional hybrid of the Nova and Stormcrow, with slightly more weapon space than the Stormcrow but the slower speed and added jump jets of the Nova, with a lot more hardpoint options than either (multiple AC possible).
Benefit of the Ebon Jaguar: Guns. So many guns.

Also, I would not worry about A-Pods. IIRC the Blackjack and the Yen-Lo had them, as well, and PGI replaced those with armor. Or heat sinks. Or ammo. Not sure which, but in either case they flat out replaced them. In the case of the Hellbringer, that is just two tons of additional armor they can slap onto the thing, on a mech that is around 5 tons under-armored to start with.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 09 September 2014 - 04:59 AM.

#20 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:43 AM

The Kodiak is out of the picture, as is every other non-omni 'Mech.

My bet is on the Executioner, Mad Dog, Shadowcat and Fire Moth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users