MW4

15 replies to this topic

#1 Whiski

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationSt. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Is there anyway to get MW4 without using that XMT or what ever it is....it just won`t go for me mates....won`t work.

#2 Zerbob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

What OS are you running on?

#3 Whiski

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationSt. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Win 7 ultimate 64 bit

#4 Agincourt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

How to install MW4:Mercenaries without using the MTX application (you still have to use the MTX extractor, but it's no different from unzipping a file archive) :

1. Go here: http://www.mektek.net/index.php/home/articles/mechwarrior4-mercenaries-downloads-r1204

2. From that page, download:
a ) MTX Extract and Patch Utility (v.0.0.1.5) ** Don't bother getting the MTX client itself.
b ) Mechwarrior4: Mercenaries MTX FULL Install (version .0028) -From the Torrent. You do not need MTX to use this.
c ) Mechwarrior4: Mercenaries Patch (version .0028 to .0029) (Winpatch version)
d ) Mechwarrior4: Mercenaries Patch (version .0029 to .0030) (Winpatch version)
e ) Mechwarrior4: Mercenaries Patch (version .0030 to .0030a Hot Fix) (EXE version).
f ) Mechwarrior4: Mercenaries Patch (version .0030 to .0030c Hot Fix) (EXE version).

3. After everything is downloaded, run the MTX Extract and Patch Utility (2a). Extract the contents of the torrent (MW4 .MTX archive) to a directory of your choice. Run the patches in-order, and install them to the same directory where you extracted the MTX archive.

4. Once everything is patched, you can set launch icons to the mw4mercs.exe file in the directory and you'll be ready to go. At first-run it'll have you set the graphics options. Go to "Advanced>" in the graphics options, and you can change the resolution and set the GPU if it's not set automatically.

- So it's not as simple as clicking "Install" or anything, but it's not that much work to get a legit version of MW4:Mercenaries. As a bonus, you can move the main directory to a new PC later as there's no real installation.

Edited by Agincourt, 22 June 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#5 Ikillzyou

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Thanks for that right there ^ that helped me as well.

#6 mrcarlton

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

I installed it on my older 32-bit rig, alls good and happy on that thing. And their link on the website seems to be broken, i just googled around for an alternate MTX download.

#7 Ikillzyou

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Agincourt, I'm having some troubles with the installation process. I don't really understand how to run the patches. Could you please explain a little bit more?

#8 RiverFloater

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

I try to apply the .3 hot fixes and my anti virus picks up a trojan. Should I let it through ? Can anyone confirm it is not harmful?

#9 Agincourt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostIkillzyou, on 22 June 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Agincourt, I'm having some troubles with the installation process. I don't really understand how to run the patches. Could you please explain a little bit more?

- Install the MTX extractor from the link above.
- Open the MTX extractor and browse to the MTX archive from the torrent that contains the MW4 install files.
- Extract the MTX archive with the extractor application, and extract it to wherever you want the game to be located.

After you've extracted the main MTX archive to a directory of your choosing (IE: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MW4" or whatever), you'll run the patches like this:

- Run "mekpak31.0029(0028)-final.exe".
When it runs, there's a line that says "Folder to apply the WinPatch file to:"
Make sure this line points to whatever the directory is where you extracted the MTX archive (so in the example above it would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MW4", although your saved location can be whatever you want). You can click on Browse on the right to find the directory. Once you have the proper MW4 directory in that line via Browse, check the box for "Backup files before applying patch", and click Apply. It'll patch the game to version .0029.

- Do the same thing (same directory line) for the other patches (.0029, .0030, .0030a hotfix, and .0030c hotfix).

- Now, in the directory you extracted & patched MW4 to, right-click on MW4.exe and left-click on create shortcut. Copy the shortcut or move it to the desktop/start menu.

- Shoot mechs with lasers.

View PostRiverFloater, on 22 June 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

I try to apply the .3 hot fixes and my anti virus picks up a trojan. Should I let it through ? Can anyone confirm it is not harmful?

No virus, it's a false-positive due to how the patch is archived. Run it through virustotal if you're worried.

Edited by Agincourt, 22 June 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#10 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

When you get it working, I have a VPN setup for MW4 players. PM me and i'll help you with that detail.

#11 RiverFloater

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

THanks Agincourt!

#12 Ikillzyou

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Thanks, that'll help out a lot tomorrow when I decide to do that entire process. I really appreciate it.

#13 Agincourt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Oh yeah, related to this thread: If anyone has a MW4 - Vengeance save file ("\RESOURCE\Pilots" directory) I would love to get a hold of it. My copy keeps crashing a few missions in, so I'd like to play it past that point if possible. It doesn't matter if it's not a complete save, it just has to be past the 1st series of Kentares missions.

e: Thanks for the pilots folder Ikillzyou.

Edited by Agincourt, 23 June 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#14 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostAgincourt, on 22 June 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

- Install the MTX extractor from the link above.
- Open the MTX extractor and browse to the MTX archive from the torrent that contains the MW4 install files.
- Extract the MTX archive with the extractor application, and extract it to wherever you want the game to be located.

After you've extracted the main MTX archive to a directory of your choosing (IE: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MW4" or whatever), you'll run the patches like this:

- Run "mekpak31.0029(0028)-final.exe".
When it runs, there's a line that says "Folder to apply the WinPatch file to:"
Make sure this line points to whatever the directory is where you extracted the MTX archive (so in the example above it would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MW4", although your saved location can be whatever you want). You can click on Browse on the right to find the directory. Once you have the proper MW4 directory in that line via Browse, check the box for "Backup files before applying patch", and click Apply. It'll patch the game to version .0029.

- Do the same thing (same directory line) for the other patches (.0029, .0030, .0030a hotfix, and .0030c hotfix).

- Now, in the directory you extracted & patched MW4 to, right-click on MW4.exe and left-click on create shortcut. Copy the shortcut or move it to the desktop/start menu.

- Shoot mechs with lasers.

No virus, it's a false-positive due to how the patch is archived. Run it through virustotal if you're worried.

I have MW4 mercs installed to .30, no viruses. Also, illegitimate copy of MWLL that is playable also without a trojan.

#15 sumdumfu

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

i still have my original mw4 mercs retail discs XD. installed on vista64 ultimate, worked no probs.

#16 Michel Ange Fafnir01

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

HI TO ALL!! I HAVE THE MW4 MERCS OF MEKTEK, BUT I NEED THE MTX EXTRACTOR, BUT I CAN'T FIND IT, THE OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE, DOES SOMEONE OF YOU HAVE THE MTX EXTRACTOR? I'D REALLY LIKE TO PLAY THIS GAME

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users