A Tale Of Two Builds, (Kintaro Pilots)

19 replies to this topic

#1 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:32 AM

This is my current Kintaro build and its devastating. I run the modules for ML's, SRM's. -they both now have about the same max range, perfect. Its a hot build,but quite manageable. Add seismic, advanced sensor range, UAV, Imp arty, its really a money maker in the day of Clanmechs.
I can hit 500 damage pretty easily if I pay attention, and just walked out of a carry harder loss with almost 800 damage. I can also get flattened in 90 seconds with less than 200, welcome to puglife. Lots of ammo, back up ML's

Now, enter Artemis, and SRM hit points....they keep screwing with it...whats the skinny now?

I was looking at this It runs a negligible amount cooler, I LOSE a ton of ammo, AND an SRM6 to get artemis...
pity its not an updgrade like..armor...heatsinks...endo..its an add on, PER SRM,

Anyhow, anyone having experience with these two builds? If only 9 on each salvo 9x5 hit thats 45 impacts with standard, if all 12 hit with the arte thats 12x4 48? with a loss of ammo.
If I'm less than (how many) meters all will hit anyhow?

My gut says keep the ammo tonnage and the extra SRM...but my brain says run the ARTE...my wallet says think about this........HOW many times over the last year have you tossed a couple of million at something ONLY to realize you have to toss another couple million to FIX it?

#2 Asterios

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 627 posts
  • LocationBelarus, Minsk

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

i'm using ASRM28 only builds on KTO-18, no lasers at all.
KTO-18 - with 300XL a little hotter than 280XL but faster.
KTO-18 - or with 280XL
With 650-700 ammo and 2.15 damage per missile it's potentially 1398-1505 damage. 4-5 Alphas to overheating.
Artemis make your missiles hit more accurate instead of splash damage between components. Good that you can do alpha and hide, shoot and forget, not standing on line of fire. Goups of fire: first - 2xASRM6, second - 2xASRM6+ASRM4, to avoid ghost heat.
Edit: Modules - Seismic Sensor, Radar Deprevation, UAV, ARTA, SRM6 range T5, SRM4 range T5

Edited by Asterios, 09 September 2014 - 05:13 AM.

#3 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

whoa, how often you lose a leg? I'd be terrified to run that little armor on the legs.
might try it, but dang...thats paper down there, with ammo? I always aim for the legs on mediums thinking thin armor and ammo when I run my lights.
interesting build

maybe this cause I'm a chicken

wait, maybe this one

#4 Asterios

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 627 posts
  • LocationBelarus, Minsk

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

in fact i rarely lose legs....may be 1 in 30-40 matches. About lights...it's funny to see fireworks from kit fox, raven and so on when they get such alpha. KTO is a heavy damage and mobile support for assaults. Ammo in side torsos with XL engine is bad idea by my mind(crit ammo - death).
Edit: KTO is a good mech and still good despite on clans.

Edited by Asterios, 09 September 2014 - 05:34 AM.

#5 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

Seeing as you're using the SRMs as your main weapon I'd go with the Artemis build. The difference between using artemis vs stand guidance is pretty big with six packs since they have a larger spread to begin with, it also makes it so that they get the most benefit from artemis.

SRM only builds can be fun but I like having lasers as backups and for poking out to get easy assists. Since I really prefer SRM4s to SRM6s this is how I built my KTO-18. The alpha isn't as intense but its still quite a punch and the grouping is really tight

#6 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

KTO is a GREAT mech! On a hoot I ran the trial mech (one of those deals on comms where we all agree to take a trial mech) and dam...first battle was 500, I did so well, by the time I got around to buying it, I whacked the first level of research modules in it.
Grinded all three, had a hard time figuring which one to keep...then...realized those missile ports were dam near like my old splat cat...in a medium?
I'm also in the school about having back up lasers, lose ammo, run out etc. I hate..running around at the end of a match and the little box on the right is all red and the chat bar notices....

#7 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

I would try 5x SRM4 before anything else. Ideally with a larger engine and more heatsinks.

Edited by Spheroid, 09 September 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#8 Asterios

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 627 posts
  • LocationBelarus, Minsk

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:53 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 09 September 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

I would try 5x SRM4 before anything else. Ideally with a larger engine and more heatsinks.

Yes, if you prefer mobility. Cooling efficiency is 131% on firing 2xASRM6 on elite chassis and give 26 dmg. Switching 4xASRM6 to 4xASRM4 will give you 4 extra tons only. In this case you can fit 320XL with one extra DHS and it will give you 6kph additional speed and a little buf to cooling, but alpha will be 43 against 60.2. What does mean alpha 60? With 60 alpha plus artemis you can destroy left\right torso of DW from the rear in 1 shot( cos many guys set rear torso armor <18) or at least 2 alphas in front.
KTO-18 - with standard SRMs and 350XL it can be very fun hunter.

#9 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:26 AM

I have to have lazers, wish I would have started this thread days ago, now spending willy nilly experimenting, LOL
5 ASRM4's vs. 4 ASRM6's

Thats upping from the xl280 to a 300

#10 Asterios

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 627 posts
  • LocationBelarus, Minsk

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:17 AM

or insert 2 ML instead of 2 tons ammo as a result 300XL, 70 Alpha, 450 srm ammo :)

#11 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

KTO-18 :D

#12 Asterios

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 627 posts
  • LocationBelarus, Minsk

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostThatDawg, on 10 September 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

truly hardcore mech:)

#13 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:05 AM

If we could only get TheB33f to do a voice over

#14 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostThatDawg, on 11 September 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

If we could only get TheB33f to do a voice over

He would just try to launch from the mechlab and get mad at the "invalid build" warning message. But he's TheB33f and it would be funny.

#15 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

well i run 5srm6 6.5 ton ammo 2ml
300xl engine 12dhs all in engine
endo near max armor trimmed a little

#16 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:08 AM

UPDATE:

after running this 'new' build (4ASRM) a couple of dozen times, I am thinking of going back to the standard 5 SRM's sans arty.
I haven't broken 700 with the new build since I started, breaking 500 has only happened a few times- used to be not that big a deal.
The arti srm's are flying tighter group- visually it does seem all hit the target, lasers still working the same, I haven't run out of ammo as I'm conscious about having less.
that said, it surely seems that losing that SRM 6 hindered my play style

edit: Just checked stats, they've dropped a bit, and I think its about 32 battles with the new build.

#17 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

Cost a million to go back to the build I had, but....already earned it back
Old School

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 Asterios

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 627 posts
  • LocationBelarus, Minsk

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:02 AM

Something wrong with SRMs once again. Sometimes they don't hit at all, sometimes looks like no Artemis on it and it's bad, very bad.
P.S. I'm ending match out of ammo sometimes (all 700) with 800-1000 damage, but i never play conquest :)

#19 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

try runing the install repair sounds like some thing is wrong with your install cuz im not haveing it happen to me my
splat taro 18 is doing just find

#20 Asterios

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 627 posts
  • LocationBelarus, Minsk

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

it can't be my end coz only server make decision i hit or not, i look on target or not. But when i look directly on front of Summoner which move towards to me over the hill and ASRMs firing like without Artemis it's strange.

Edited by Asterios, 22 September 2014 - 09:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users