51 replies to this topic

#1 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

Every version of Mechwarrior video games had this function. Not having this handicaps us joystick players. Your doing everything in your power to minimize alpha strike builds but for us who use a joystick it makes it harder to cycle through our groups not having this option.

Please add this function into the game soon, thanks.

#2 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'm going to bump this daily until I get a response.

#3 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 10 September 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#4 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:57 AM

i am a joystick user also, i would love the functionality of grouping say 6 lasers into 3 groups of 2 then chainfiring the groups with the 1 button instead of needing 3 buttons.

#5 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

It just makes sense. We're aware that PGI made this game for mouse users but if you're going to add any type of joystick functionality to a simulator game the shoots weapons this should have been available from day one.

#6 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 12 September 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#7 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

A word of advice Celtic: If you keep bumping your own thread you are going to get banned. It's a violation of the CoC.

You're not going to get any resolution doing this. Submit a question for phase 2 of community warfare and included your desire to have this function added. Your issue, while important to you, isn't a high priority fix and 'demanding" an answer is going to insure you don't get one.

#8 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

I've already submitted a ticket on this. This is an easy fix on PGI's end maybe they've just forgotten about it but there are quite a few JS players in game. They've spent much time and resources to even out the game but they spent little time giving JS players and even playing field. I often watch matches after I get killed and you can see the difference between a guy using a mouse compared to a JS. If they want to ban a MWO fan and contributor not only to the game but the forums then so be it they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

#9 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:34 AM

i joined the open beta 2 years ago and loaded the game and uninstalled the second i saw no joystick support then came back 10 months later aqble to play with one (unsupported)

the funny part is i am doing 1/3 or 1/2 the damage since they added the recent support.

#10 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

They've also been nerfing a lot of weapons too. In my Yen Lo Wang was a fun mech until they nerfed the guass and then the AC 20. The select next weapons group button would help us JS players out a lot and would be a step in closing the gap between JS and mouse players.

#11 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

What do you mean select next weapon group? I never used it so I don't even know what your talking about. I just grouped the weapons into 6 different groups depending on what I wanted.

#12 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:42 AM

Joysticks don't have multiple buttons? :blink:

#13 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

Why would I need a "select next weapons group" button on my J-stick when I already have 5 wep.grps & a Alpha strike mapped on it? I know were all my wep.grps are&should be they don't change, hell I even have them all mapped to my mouse too when I need more precise aiming.

Sure as Gorantir said above it would be nice to put " 6 lasers into 3 groups of 2 then chainfiring the groups with the 1 button instead of needing 3 buttons " . The only work around to that atm is to put them all in the same grp set it to chain-fire and click as fast/and as many times as I needed. ex: a dub click on chain-fire fires 2 shots, a triple click shoots 3, the faster you click the faster it will fire the others.

IMO the only thing J-sticks need atm is what Gorantir suggested.

#14 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

@ OP

Go into your settings, under controller, look for "Weapon Group Highlight ..... "

You can map the arrow keys to your J-stick and use that to select the wep.grps , just make sure that "Fire Selected Weapon Group" is set to your trigger or what ever you want to use.

#15 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 09 September 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Every version of Mechwarrior video games had this function. Not having this handicaps us joystick players. Your doing everything in your power to minimize alpha strike builds but for us who use a joystick it makes it harder to cycle through our groups not having this option.

do not use 2 button flight sim sticks... worst stick to use for playin MWO... logitech's 3d pro is like 40$ has 12 buttons + hat(another4).. u should never have to select a weapon groups when using a stick... cause then wat would b the point of havin all them buttons on it? go get a new sitck (imo 3d pro) an then go chk warbloods 3d pro thread in the hardware section of the forums... he has a very nice setup...

#16 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

My JS has many buttons that I can assign.

@ Warblood - You setup 1 to 6 or however many groups you want. I can then assign 1 button on my JS that will cycle through my weapons groups. I understand what you're saying but it's fast to change to your next weapons group when you have the ability to assign one to your JS. I've never used more then 3 groups so having this ability makes a big difference and will help us JS players close the gap on the mouse players.

#17 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

I'm currently using the Thrustmaster JS. It works pretty good when you tweak the config file but more work needs to be done. What are you other JS players using?

#18 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

So hows things going?

#19 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostWarblood, on 15 September 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

@ OP

Go into your settings, under controller, look for "Weapon Group Highlight ..... "

You can map the arrow keys to your J-stick and use that to select the wep.grps , just make sure that "Fire Selected Weapon Group" is set to your trigger or what ever you want to use.

Yes, all you need is the Arrow right key to switch to the Next Weapon Group.
Bind it to your stick and you are done.

But using a Jostick is not very precise compared to a mouse.

#20 JimTheRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

Get something with profiling software and set up a 'right arrow -> fire selected group' macro for one of your joystick buttons?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users