• 616 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

simple Q: if I join as solo will I be put into match vs premade lances

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

No. The solo queue was separated completely a while ago. You only face groups (and always groups, though of various sizes) when grouped up yourself.

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

No. This was closed off a month or two ago.

#4 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

i am part of a house that uses comms, i wouldnt mind dropping in a pug with teams i have the belief that staying by 8 guys working together is better than 11 guys not communicating.

i dont understand the pugs with groups is so bad argument

#5 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostGorantir, on 15 September 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

i am part of a house that uses comms, i wouldnt mind dropping in a pug with teams i have the belief that staying by 8 guys working together is better than 11 guys not communicating.

because randoms that dont coordinate with teamspeak get slaughtered by coordinated groups who do

if you want to roll with your team, go fight other teams

#6 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostGorantir, on 15 September 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Correct, you do not understand. The mixed queue was very sad for anyone not grouped up. In typical matches, you got either dragged down by a premade of noobs who could not tie their own shoes, or carried so hard you were essentially a spectator. This does not happen as often anymore, even when playing from Europe (outside of US peak hours which give closer matches in general).

Edited by Modo44, 15 September 2014 - 07:58 AM.

#7 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostModo44, on 09 September 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

No. The solo queue was separated completely a while ago. You only face groups (and always groups, though of various sizes) when grouped up yourself.

yes and we should remind you, sync dropping is a myth.

#8 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostE N E R G Y, on 15 September 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

yes and we should remind you, sync dropping is a myth.

Hardly a myth, more like a good stroke of luck. I manage to get in games with other guys while puggin' and even a make it into matches with the NGNG guys by sync dropping with them while they stream.

Just doesn't happen very often don't rely on it that's for sure.

#9 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 15 September 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hardly a myth, more like a good stroke of luck. I manage to get in games with other guys while puggin' and even a make it into matches with the NGNG guys by sync dropping with them while they stream.

Just doesn't happen very often don't rely on it that's for sure.

and tell me good sir, why would a team waste time trying to "sync drop" into the solo que, to **** bad players....

....when they can merely GROUP UP????????????????????????????????????????

derp.

#10 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

So if I solo drop, there's absolutely no chance to be paired up with a premade group? And here I thought when the team chat was silent it was 'cause I wasn't using a voice program.

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostE N E R G Y, on 15 September 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

and tell me good sir, why would a team waste time trying to "sync drop" into the solo que, to **** bad players....

derp.

The last word of your post here answers that very question.

Capable players do not typically bother. But those that are insecure and seek even the silliest of advantages still do this.

That being said I doubt it occurs even once in every hundred matches I play...its certainly not the pandemic some people assume it to be. Sometimes in the solo queue, you just get rickrolled 12-0. Doesnt mean there is a conspiracy.

Last weekend I actually pawed through one of the seven TS I keep open regularly, to see if a group of four from a unit I wont bother name were synch dropped...lo and behold I found six of them in a TS channel and they didnt notice my listening in initially.....they were indeed attempting to synch...apparently they were pretty pleased to have gotten four of their six into the previous drop.

Not an issue imo though....clearly thats the only way they can compete.

I would bet that over 99% of the time.....two people with the same tag on the same team in a drop is unintentional synching....seen it before when solo dropping myself and running into clanmates.

#12 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostUrsusMorologus, on 15 September 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

because randoms that dont coordinate with teamspeak get slaughtered by coordinated groups who do

if you want to roll with your team, go fight other teams

that. I am still seeing 2-3 in pugs with the same prefix- that unit thing they started.
If they land on my side and I can watch them...they sure seem to move as one.....

#13 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostThatDawg, on 15 September 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

that. I am still seeing 2-3 in pugs with the same prefix- that unit thing they started.
If they land on my side and I can watch them...they sure seem to move as one.....

It used to happen every match, and was called a premade. Now you only get that randomly, if the people in question have high-enough Elo to force a limited player pool.

#14 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostThatDawg, on 15 September 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

It happens sometimes. I've gotten plenty of accidental syncs with guys in my unit or in the broader FWLM. The thing about those accidental syncs is you are just as likely to be against your buddies as with them.

If we land on the same side, we'll probably get on teamspeak together. Hell, if we get different sides we'll probably still get on TS together for the fun of it.

#15 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

derp.

I never said that any group should choose to do that over Group queue....DERP. Please don't put words in my mouth. By your choice of words you claimed "synch Dropping was a myth" which I claimed was an incorrect statement. During the last LANCE CHALLENGE my group managed to (by chance) get into the same games a few times and that was by chance. So again tell me where that is a myth? (Myth: a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.) maybe your tenuous grasp of English has betrayed you.

Also as Lukoi has stated above I know a few groups who especially try to do it. Some maybe who advocate so deliberately without invocation that it is false?

Now if you want to continue a rude conversation we may. But not here, msg me for that.

#16 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostRazorbeastFXK3, on 15 September 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

So if I solo drop, there's absolutely no chance to be paired up with a premade group? And here I thought when the team chat was silent it was 'cause I wasn't using a voice program.

No, that's just team chat on the solo queue, sometimes. Right now the Matchmaker functions on 2 queues essentially.

Solo, gets matched against solo only, and group gets matched against groups sizes 2-10, or 12.(no 11 man groups, since the only way to fill the last spot is with a solo dropper, which is impossible.

#17 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

ok, you changed my mind. a pug will do better with 11 guys not talking to each other than with 10 guys you can follow but cant hear.....

#18 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

derp.

There's no faster way to generate large ammounts of money then just stomping others.
You win and can do dmg when you roll coordinated.

#19 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostGorantir, on 16 September 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

ok, you changed my mind. a pug will do better with 11 guys not talking to each other than with 10 guys you can follow but cant hear.....

I wasn't trying to change your mind, just stating what is going on with the system.

View PostThe Basilisk, on 16 September 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

There's no faster way to generate large ammounts of money then just stomping others.
You win and can do dmg when you roll coordinated.

Kinda difficult when 80% of the team isn't in the same match, and the other 20% has a 50/50 shot of being on both teams, instead of the same team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users