#161 Rick Rawlings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 02 October 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

So long, Transverse, we hardly knew ye

time for Dinoriders

Posted Image

That would be cool, but only if you could play as a Sleestak...

#162 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:25 AM

View Postfrostyk, on 02 October 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

They aren't going to stop making it. They are just going to go to some publisher for funding. Wing Commander, an EA game will ship in 2016.

I wish, Piranha would be my favorite developer if they made a mechwarrior game and a wing commander game. But if Piranha actually did own the wing commander license(instead of pretending) then they would have just announced a Wing Commander game instead of this Transverse nonsense.

Now that this fundrasing is over, let's get back to getting community warfare released please.

#163 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

Yeah I figured that this would happen, trying to compete in the Space Sim/Starbox market right now was just a stupid idea. Even if Transverse was kind of cool sounding. I'm still amazed Piranha had the audacity and naivety to think this would work right now. Maybe 5 years earlier, or 10 years down the road, but they literally picked the worse time to try and announce something like this.

Still I wonder what project they'll try next, as they've now got a Transverse team with no game, hopefully something that'll be fun, but with a little bit more wisdom when it comes to trying to market it. I would cry tears of joy if they funded a singleplayer Mechwarrior game.

#164 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 03 October 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

Yeah I figured that this would happen, trying to compete in the Space Sim/Starbox market right now was just a stupid idea. Even if Transverse was kind of cool sounding. I'm still amazed Piranha had the audacity and naivety to think this would work right now. Maybe 5 years earlier, or 10 years down the road, but they literally picked the worse time to try and announce something like this.

Still I wonder what project they'll try next, as they've now got a Transverse team with no game, hopefully something that'll be fun, but with a little bit more wisdom when it comes to trying to market it. I would cry tears of joy if they funded a singleplayer Mechwarrior game.

It's a shame that Kickstarter wasn't around earlier. I think the only reason why Mechwarrior V wasn't made was because they were unable to secure financing. At least no one can take away our dreams!

#165 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostHardin4188, on 03 October 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

It's a shame that Kickstarter wasn't around earlier. I think the only reason why Mechwarrior V wasn't made was because they were unable to secure financing. At least no one can take away our dreams!

Well they apparently have funding now, and if they proposed a legitimate Mechwarrior V/Reboot kickstarter, even I would probably throw down money.

#166 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 03 October 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Well they apparently have funding now, and if they proposed a legitimate Mechwarrior V/Reboot kickstarter, even I would probably throw down money.

I would love it if they did this. They could just make the single player game set in 3015 and give you bonus mechs in mechwarrior online if you register the game. See Piranha I'm giving you ideas about how to make more money!

#167 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

If they proposed a game like transverse that was more strategic (like EVE [resources, conquering, ship maneuvers and combat]) and was tied in with CW in MW:O (so the games were interlinked and decisions in one affected the other) I'd slap $240 on the table.

Or better yet, if it was all in MW:O.

View PostDarth Futuza, on 03 October 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

As a single player game made by PGI? I may, but I prefer the MMO genre. Makes the games harder and more dynamic. But, out of good will, I'd probably give a donation.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 03 October 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#168 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostHardin4188, on 03 October 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

I would love it if they did this. They could just make the single player game set in 3015 and give you bonus mechs in mechwarrior online if you register the game. See Piranha I'm giving you ideas about how to make more money!

All they need is this:

And magic will happen.

#169 Country Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 03 October 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

If they proposed a game like transverse that was more strategic (like EVE [resources, conquering, ship maneuvers and combat]) and was tied in with CW in MW:O (so the games were interlinked and decisions in one affected the other) I'd slap $240 on the table.

Or better yet, if it was all in MW:O.

As a single player game made by PGI? I may, but I prefer the MMO genre. Makes the games harder and more dynamic. But, out of good will, I'd probably give a donation.

$240???

As a recent lottery winner I would singlehandedly finance this game.

#170 Jesoo_Creesto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

Liars have been caught:

https://translate.go...html&edit-text=

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users