Transverse Masterthread

170 replies to this topic

#41 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 09 September 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

Er WTF mate?

Its a privately owned forum. Traditional constitutional-type "Freedom of Speech" rights do not apply. I don't know why you're surprised. Walmart can do the same thing (eject you for the premesis for wearing a "I hate walmart" t-shirt for example).

#42 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:30 PM

So, which will go live first? Star Citizen (public universe) or Transverse?

Strangely enough, despite the rather huge head start SC has, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Transverse got to official release first.

#43 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

View PostHeffay, on 09 September 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

Strangely enough, despite the rather huge head start SC has, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Transverse got to official release first.

Releasing a game isn't difficult.... If you're not worried about having core features in place at time of release.... Or even 2 yrs later....

#44 GreyWolfAlpha

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

PGI's two "Signature" ships shown in their blatant ripoff of Star Citizen are an almost exact copy of Robert Space Industries Cutlass Design and the Four Horsemans Next Great Starship Winning design The Redeemer. PGI saw how successful RSI was with their player backed support and just want an easy payday.

#45 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

Yeah the ship designs are really...uninspired....

I mean, I am no artist but I could spit out at least three ship designs right now that are significantly different than what Transverse have.

#46 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

Maybe they just want to use boring uninspired ship design for the 'buy in package' ones. So the real ships (that you'll actually use), will be more interesting...maybe...

#47 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

The ship design is a complete rip-off of Star Citizen... PGI really?

Posted Image

#48 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostHeffay, on 09 September 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

I wouldn't be suprised that it would be 'officially released' regardless what state it in too. :blink:

#49 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

This piece is not painting the project in a very good light:

http://www.incgamers...backlash-begins

Maybe PGI should have thought a lot of it through before releasing the info.

#50 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 09 September 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

Its a privately owned forum. Traditional constitutional-type "Freedom of Speech" rights do not apply. I don't know why you're surprised. Walmart can do the same thing (eject you for the premesis for wearing a "I hate walmart" t-shirt for example).

Might want to read the part I underlined and made bigger.
They reserve the right to do whatever they like with your account for no reason....

Sure Walmart can throw you out for no reason too; but they don't do it. They will always have a reason no matter how weak.

#51 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

I personally came back to the Mechwarrior: Online forums here to thank PGI for personally removing my thread regarding why people should not invest into their new game and from personally banning me from the Transverse forums in an attempt to silence and suppress the truth.

And I am hereby asking PGI to once again refund my money I've invested into this game here, and to close my account once more.

Edited by Tice Daurus, 09 September 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#52 Wild Hamster

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

So .. which ship can carry the max amount of FLD weapons?

#53 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

Fans of the Wing Commander series sound relieved that Piranha is not going to have the opportunity to revive Wing Commander

Haha, this is priceless. I can really imagine how the last minutes o the count down went for them (or the last minutes of the second count down, whatever):
"Pleas don't let it be us! Pleas don't let it be us!" Transverse goes live. *big sigh of release* "Thank god!" :D

#54 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 09 September 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Might want to read the part I underlined and made bigger.
They reserve the right to do whatever they like with your account for no reason....

Sure Walmart can throw you out for no reason too; but they don't do it. They will always have a reason no matter how weak.

Just because they reserve the right to do whatever they like, doesn't mean they will. Its legalese, they're just covering their butts even though they will probably walk around naked.

#55 Codeine Radick

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 84 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty (Alberta)

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

Can this game really expect to compete with Star Citzien as a Crowd Founded game?

There is optimism and then there is willful blindness.

I hate to say but this is the latter.

#56 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:34 AM

Any time when a gamer say's why should I back transverse instead of starcitizen you can tell that they don't care to look for that reason. Both games are in production stages. Starcitizen has alpha version out showing the basic combat of the game. This can be a bad thing because transverse can one up them with more entertaining ship v ship combat later by offering something starcitizen is not going to do. The transverse trailer already highlights drifting a old mechanic seen in single player space sim independence war 2. By reading about transverse player's can find what their ship combat direction is heading in.

COMBAT
"In ship to ship battles, your precision maneuvering and sharpshooting skills are the difference between victory and defeat. The physically-inspired close range combat will require strategic management of your ship's systems. With each burst of weapons fire, high speed turn, and shield deflection, your ship will expend power and build heat. Find holes in your enemy’s defenses and go in for the kill. Every battle you engage in will play out differently."

FLIGHT
"Bristling with tech that makes it practical to live, travel, and fight in space, 24th century spaceships are able to maneuver and perform unlike any craft in this century.
At sub-light speeds your spaceship can rotate around its center of mass while maintaining momentum in its original vector. This freedom allows your craft to attack enemies in any direction and provides true multi-axis combat. The darkspace drive allows a pilot to rapidly decelerate their craft, drift, slide, or dodge a short distance away to avoid enemy fire. Customize your flight mechanics to use only keys and move with the mouse, or utilize more advanced mappings and peripherals like flightsticks. Experience a flight simulator devoted to giving users the most empowering vision of future vehicular control."

CONSTRUCTION
"Discover the right balance between combat, science, and industry to suit your own particular play style or that of your team. You can select from a variety of loadouts, ship types and a warehouse of choices for weapons, drives, shielding, armour, sensors, reactors, and a whole lot more."

CLASSES
"The universe is a big place and is filled with lots of opportunities, each of them needing the right tools for the job. Transverse will feature many ship classes and configurations, ranging from small single seat fighters, all the way up to large multi-crew vessels. Each of these ships plays a distinct role with further customizations allowing players to create specializations within those roles.

• Science
    Specially equipped to explore the deepest recesses of dark space and conduct research, science vessels are the premier ship for those looking to uncover the many secrets of the Transverse. Equipped with specialized engines, large fuel reserves, and long range sensors, exploration ships can access areas of darkspace unreachable to most other classes. Using data gathered across their travels, science vessels equipped with on-board laboratories can research new technology and create valuable schematics.

• Industry
    Industrial ships are used for mining, manufacturing, and transportation of valuable goods; they are the backbone of the Transverse economy. Mining equipment, like drilling lasers and collection drones, gather resources that can be deposited into onboard manufacturing units to create vital components and equipment. Manufactured goods and raw resources require storage and no class of ship has more of it than these vessels.

• Combat
    Fast, nimble, well-armed and protected, combat ships are built to outmaneuver, outgun, and outlast their opponents. Not all combat vehicles balance these priorities the same and each will have their own strengths and weaknesses. Generally combat ships sacrifice cargo space and specialized tools in favor of additional weapons, ammunition and defensive equipment."

Edited by ArchSight, 10 September 2014 - 02:40 AM.

#57 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:43 AM

I just realized that Transverse has actual basic game components as stretch goals.

2 million for space combat? Laf without ceasing

Not to mention that the first pledgers transfered their spacebucks without SSL encryption.

Edited by Illegal Username, 10 September 2014 - 02:45 AM.

#58 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

View Postninjitsu, on 09 September 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

That footage was for MW5 that never came to fruition, not MWO. It was released 5 years ago, long before MWO was ever conceived.

Indeed, but oddly enough its actually posted by MWO on youtube under that heading /scratches head.

#59 sokitumi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:21 AM

View Postninjitsu, on 09 September 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

That footage was for MW5 that never came to fruition, not MWO. It was released 5 years ago, long before MWO was ever conceived.

I'm sorry but saying that that reveal video didn't hype up MWO is denying reality. It was even on the MWO site for over 2 years, in the "video" tab, through the whole beta.

Edited by sokitumi, 10 September 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#60 Ahernar

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

They could have used the oportunity to get us aerofighters and dropship combat added to the CW . But no ... they choosed a SC+EVE child . PGI , better try sell aerofigters mmm ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users