Has Hwat Vision Fps On Frozen City Gotten Worse?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

My machine is not the best, I admit.

It does meet the specs for MWO with the exception that I only have 4 gigs of ram (I think this game is spec'd for 8, right?)

Normally the game is perfectly playable. On the most optimized maps (HPG runs really well for me) i get 55 FPS.

On the majority of maps, i get around 45 FPS.

It does dip into the 30s at times, but it remains playable.

Frozen city has always been the worst with heat vision on. I typically got 25-30 FPS, although I had seem it dip as low as 18 for a second or two at a time.

Recently, I have had multiple games where it has dropped to around 8-9 FPS, with spikes or pure slide-show. I think this actually happens most of the time of frozen city now, so I am just playing with heat vision off, sadly.

None of the other maps seem to have been affected - I still get 55 on HPG and 45 on most of the rest except for when I'm really getting slammed by LRMs or something...

Frozen City heat vision, however, has really crapped the bed for me. I have played 100s of games on that map and I have never seen FPS issues anywhere near as bad as I have seen recently.

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown recently? The issue I am describing definitely isnt from todays patch, but maybe 1 or 2 patches ago.

If no-one else has noticed any changes, I will accept that my machine is just crapping out. I am building a new one anyways (waiting to see if the 900 series vid cards are any good, of if the prices of other cards drop once they come out).

But maybe something changed in the game?

Unrelated, but I know that the IFF bug has become more common again lately.

EDIT:
My settings are
1080p resolution, full screen
low everything, except object detail is medium

Edited by Fire and Salt, 09 September 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#2 Bobbit

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:39 PM

This is an ongoing issue

http://mwomercs.com/...-lag-night-fps/
http://mwomercs.com/...eat-vision-lag/

MWO is 32bit, so 4 GB RAM will have minimal effect...

#3 Temptis

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

it's not getting better though.
i need to toggle heat vision every once in a while because my FPS keep dropping the longer it is enabled.
on the bright side, i saw some parts of certain maps in normal vision for the first time and they are really beautiful :P

#4 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:04 AM

And now in back at 30-35FPS.... haven't seen the single digit issues for a week...

Freaky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users