1234 replies to this topic

#21 Blowfeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 322 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

I wish PGI would get banned from mechwarrior franchise as well, but they only broke promises, not rules, so what can you do...

#22 Aesis

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGrandma's basement

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

Also the tears are delicious. (No subjective here, don't blame me if you think it's you.)

#23 Druidika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

https://www.reddit.c...iki/reddiquette

Please don't

[...]

Take moderation positions in a community where your profession, employment, or biases could pose a direct conflict of interest to the neutral and user driven nature of reddit.

And now you're here begging to get your access back. I don't think that'll work, Nikolai.

Edited by Druidika, 10 September 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#24 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

Personally I think the reddit fight is a colossal waste of time and energy. You already have a private forum over which you have absolute authority. Maybe that is the luddite in me talking, but I don’t see the purpose in fighting for moderation rights over a site in which are required to relinquish almost all moderation control.

I don’t think I am alone when I say ignoring your own site in favor of twitter, ngng, facebook, and reddit has generated a lot of negative feelings with regards to your core playerbase who would like to see the MWO site as the premier MWO news and information source.

#25 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostWhy Run, on 10 September 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Also shockingly, the one, most important thing folks could possible do to redeem themselves, has yet to be done by you. It's called an apology. I have yet to hear one apology that isn't spun as "Sorry for what someone else made me do." Instead, you point blame, yet again, at someone else, all the while disregarding the rules...

I'm going to have to go with this. You made a mistake. The reasons you made it are understandable, but this isn't Reddit's fault (well, them banning any PGI_ account is stupid, but that's not what this is about).

A little contrition here would go a long way. It's not the time to get snarky at the reddit admins.

Edit: For what it's worth, I'll try to grab the reddit and reassign moderator duties to some neutral parties. I may not be personally interested in Transverse, but I don't think an /r/mwo scenario benefits anyone.

Edited by Heffay, 10 September 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#26 Aesis

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostDruidika, on 10 September 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

And now you're here begging to get your access back. I don't think that'll work, Nikolai.

Whoa whoa! You can't call a god by his name. How dare you?

#27 Legend_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

Niko failed to make mention of the fact that they were also, supposedly, heavily advertising their own game. Which is a big no-no according to Reddit rules.

He opted to omit that information from his post, however.

#28 Aesis

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

Niko should ban Reddit from Internet.

#29 Druidika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

http://www.incgamers...llout-continues

#30 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

I had thought up a nice long post explaining why events are transpiring this way, in the hopes that it would reach somebody important and somehow it would miraculously save the company.

but we all know that won't happen. You can't stop a ship from sinking with just a bucket.

#31 Aesis

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

I just find it hilarious that Niko is trying to make it look like a holy crusade to capture Transverse subreddit moderation power from the supposed infidels, after completely ignoring the rules of other website.

#32 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

As the High Chancellor of /r/OutreachHPG, I would just like to let everyone know that all PGI employees will be approved by the automoderator, so there's no need to make new accounts or stay away. This debacle will only have as much effect on Outreach as PGI employees let it have.

As for feedback, this is what you get when you try to clamp down too hard on dissent. You guys should have picked a couple of level-headed community members you trust. And if you don't have any of those, that should say something about how PGI has treated its community.

#33 TrentTheWanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

You really should have read and understood the terms of service on Reddit before you broke them and subsequently got yourselves banned.

No Goon no matter how dastardly can "force" you to break the rules or "force" Reddit admins to remove you.

Just own up to your Terms of Service violations and the Reddit admins have a track record of being reasonable and understanding about issues like repeat violators.

#34 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

I still love how Niko thinks that /r/mwo was somehow taken over.
I'll give you a hint, check out who created that particular subreddit (not bending over and being a sycophant hugbox is nit a takeover)

#35 General Discussion Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 10 September 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Your Admins have already been messaged twice regarding these same users performing a take-over of r/mwo

How did the goons "take over" a subreddit they made in the first place? Is it because they won't let you ban people who say mean things?

Sony has already been messaged twice regarding their takeover of the Playstation 4!

#36 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

This probably would have been better as a sticky+lock thread.

#37 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

My goons detector exploded

#38 Daemir

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

Niko, you were likely shadowbanned for using the subreddit as an advertisement platform. Reddit frowns on companies making a subreddit and self posting about their products en masse. If you look at the sub without logging to reddit, you'll see what I mean.

And when reddit spots this kind of corporate advertisement campaign, they go heavy handed in culling it and usually ban the whole company and those involved. Stop trying to self market your game via reddit and you won't get banned, let other people who are interested spread the word.

Or you know, pay reddit to show the ads.

#39 Gowan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

Man, you mean that SA users just engineered this whole thing? And here I was thinking that it was the folder of screencaps I nabbed of the threads on the Subreddit with 80% of the comments deleted, or the post-nuke screencaps where Nico spammed every article on the internet talking about the reveal trailer.

You know, basically like you were going down a checklist of the **** that gets people banned on Reddit.

#40 Funbags

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 10 September 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

You broke rules; you got removed.

It's what you do to people here; why should you be different on 3rd party sites?

Will this make you think about how you operate here and have treated people recently?

This.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users