1234 replies to this topic

#41 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 10 September 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Hey MechFans!

You may have heard the amusing news that we have been shadow-banned from Reddit. We're looking to get the situation fixed as soon as possible.

The issue in question stems from the fact that we had created a sub-reddit for r/Transverse in order to pre-empt any possible recreation of the events which occurred leading to the creation of r/OutreachHPG following the take-over of r/mwo. We also have some indications as to which group of players may be responsible. The shadow-ban did not stop at r/Transverse related staff. All PGI Staff have been banned and will be unable to address any concerns raised by players on OutreachHPG as a result.

Here is the message I have provided to various Admins and Moderators of Reddit.

Greetings,

Taking from the points raised by Rlight below (http://www.reddit.co...ng_reddiquette/), as well as the fact that those requesting our SubReddit already have one of their own here: http://www.reddit.co...ansverseTheGame

We kindly request that our accounts be un-banned and our Reddit restored. Your Admins have already been messaged twice regarding these same users performing a take-over of r/mwo, forcing many of our fans to create new sub-reddits. You can refer to that message below:

Hi there,

My name is Nikolai Lubkiewicz, Community Manager for Piranha Games Inc. We have set up the r/Transverse sub-reddit to be an official sub-reddit for our upcoming game. It seems request for ownership has been made by those who already took control of the fan sub-reddit for our other feature game r/mwo, as has been discussed here: http://www.reddit.com/r/mwo/comments/1u7hb2/rmwo_hostile_takeover/ and here http://www.reddit.com/r/mwo/comments/1uvnm0/farewell_rmwo/ The end result of this matter was catastrophic to our Reddit fan-base, resulting in many leaving to set up a new home in http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/ We apologize for this matter disturbing you. Please ignore any requests for seizure of this sub-reddit. As we do not wish for it to fall into the hands of the gaming group which now controls r/mwo, one which is also strongly associated with events of player and staff harassment in multiple games.

We have otherwise followed any rules presented regarding the use of Reddit as directed here: http://www.reddit.com/rules/ If an error has been made, please let us know.

Those requesting our r/Transverse Reddit today have also already populated their own reddit here: http://www.reddit.co...ansverseTheGame , where they may behave and moderate as they please. As has been already discussed with your Administrative team, we remain concerned regarding the use of the term "Official" alongside our own trademark on r/mwo in a manner which seems to be used to misdirect many of our new and old players. We hope both these matters are resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

Here is where you can express your concerns to the Reddit Staff regarding their decision to shadow-ban our staff, whether you agree or disagree with that decision, and your concerns regarding the individuals they are offering the Reddit to. Feel free to include your concern regarding Reddit's decision to remove PGI staff who have had nothing to do with the r/Transverse project or it's sub-reddit, individuals like PGI_Fox, PGI_Karl, and so forth.

http://www.reddit.co...ng_reddiquette/

In the event that we are unable to recover our accounts, we will simply ask that players who are keen and interested create their own threads here Requesting /r/Transverse to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

http://www.reddit.com/r/redditrequest/

If we are unable to have our shadow-bans removed, then we will simply have to say farewell to those accounts. Some individuals on r/mwo have already taught us all too well how easy it is to simply generate a new account. We might return. We might not.

What, you think it was just the goons. I mean hey I am ok with you thinking that some how I am involved in a giant conspiracy that is capable from banishing you from the internet. I mean I can't think of a more flattering thing that you could tell me other than my eyes are pretty. But you made the internet very angry with some heavy handed censorship and broke the reddit forum rules repeatedly. Now you might not have know they were the rules but just like you have told us it is our responsibility to read and follow the rules. Good luck with your project but I would rather PGI direct there efforts into fixing the problems on MWO now that you are free from IGP.

#42 Doot

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostIllegal Username, on 10 September 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

I still love how Niko thinks that /r/mwo was somehow taken over.
I'll give you a hint, check out who created that particular subreddit (not bending over and being a sycophant hugbox is nit a takeover)

They managed to drive away their most loyal customers, the ones who set up a popular subreddit and ran it happily for a very long time, by stalling and making promises they never had any intention of delivering on. They refuse to recognize this though and have decided the problem lies with the customers instead of themselves.

#43 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Yeah... not feeling the sympathy with this, considering that, from the sounds of things, you guys were abusing authority on the Transverse subreddit to clamp down on dissent. Even if thats not the case, you guys really shouldn't be moderating the subreddit for your own game anyways.

What ever happened to using your own site as a primary source of divulging information? You know, like, every other developer I follow? Its fine to have a relationship with NGNG and use Twitter and so on, but you tend to neglect your own backyard. Why not split the announcements section into multiple sections for different kinds of announcements?

#44 Aesis

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGrandma's basement

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 10 September 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

What ever happened to using your own site as a primary source of divulging information? You know, like, every other developer I follow?

Guess you didn't follow HiRez!

#45 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

The PR fails from PGI keep on coming. Lessons that they should have learned already-

1. Use your own damn forums for news/announcements, not third party sites.
2. Don't promise things you can't deliver/will flip flop on later (3rd person etc..).
3. Obey the rules of your own and other forums.
4. Don't anger/belittle the gaming public- they will talk to each other about issues and you will lose money.

#46 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

This thread is gonna get nuked so bad.This is probably the closest thing to community warfare we're gonna get.

Edit: holy **** look at all these founder tags it's like a class reunion

Edited by Illegal Username, 10 September 2014 - 12:43 PM.

#47 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

So basically. You do dumb things and then blame Goons. Cool.

#48 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostIllegal Username, on 10 September 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

This thread is gonna get nuked so bad.This is probably the closest thing to community warfare we're gonna get.

I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

#49 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Why is it that I feel like there are loads of poop coming from both sides of this problem? I feel like I'm watching children playing in the sand box.

#50 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

its almost like they lied to people who threw money at them because they like the games possibilities only to watch it burn to the ground every 90 days

#51 Kazvall

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Is this real? Is PGI this delusional? I really don't think you guys will make transverse succeed in this way. I mean you probably shouldn't have named it transverse in the first place, but whatever. Keep up the quality entertainment, because WOW.

#52 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

This thread has done a great deal to fulfill my daily happiness and entertainment quotient. The schadenfreude is so sweet.

#53 Tesfurdo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationBlackpool UK

I took a break from MWO... just checked and my last forum post was May 2013 year. I stopped playing a couple of months before that I think. Anyway, I came back....

... SO I CAN LAUGH AT PGI

ARHHHHHHAAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHA....

I hated the idea of karma... till today.

#54 Aesis

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGrandma's basement

I even have Phoenix Overlord tag that I am too ashamed to show.

#55 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

Founders class reunion!

#56 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

Not sure why you use a platform like reddit in the first place.

#57 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

Glad somebody finally put you in your place.

#58 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

I'm guessing that the banhammer will come into play soon- prepped for it since one of our officers already got banned for asking questions...

Edited by Lord Ikka, 10 September 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#59 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

Lord Ikka, I <3 you.

#60 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

CW brings back all the founders:P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users