Urbanmech

8 replies to this topic

#1 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

When I came across with the UrbanMech page in Sarna.net, I learned that the Capellan is the largest and the only user that field them in front-line, and it may be more than just replacing their losses. There's got to be good about it in among us. We, Capellans, seem to give credits to those little buggers, while the rest of the houses put them on much lower priority. But I'm sure those outside Liao are looking forward to get the Urbies too.

So, is this why you guys wanna see UrbanMech to get greenlight for this game that bad? More love for Liao? :P

#2 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

Getting it "Green Light" is more about the fact that its an UrbanMech. The 'mech itself would quickly be outplaced by all the other light 'mechs. Its the whole nastalgia of the R2-D2, 30 ton stomper. In the TT game it worked because your Friend would be like "Lets play 30 ton mechs" you be like "OK, I'll bring and Urban Mech". You would then waddle across the field, while your friend would Gracefully run toward you. Sure your friend might get a few good shots, but your Urbanmech would just need to hit once or twice to take out any light mech. (This is just stock versions). Hence the nastalgia. In MPBT:3025, the Urbanmech was a go to 'mech when all you could afford was a light 'mech. I mean why take a fast Spider or Jenner when your Urbie could decimate them in 1 shot? Mind you, MPBT:3025 was just 4v4 by 'mech class (Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault).

Personally with CW phase 2 being release, I could see a Urbanmech UM-60 being very viable.

(edit was for spelling errors, there might be some more)

Edited by Stoneblade, 11 September 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#3 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

There are loads of people, Capellan or otherwise, who'd love to own/use the UrbanMech. I'm a ComStar fanboy and I want it, because it even appears on the unit allocation tables for the Com Guards in the Tukayyid scenario pack! Imagine smacking down Clanners with a Com Guard white UrbanMech :)

#4 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

Urbies are ambush predators.

We love em for the same reason we love the Hetzer tanks. Cheap and effective, and Liao is master of the cheap shot.

#5 Karzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:21 AM

I just want it for the couch in 'dat cockpit.

#6 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

base defenders respawn in an Urban mech after a gate breach for the Invasion Mode Gameplay :P

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 12 September 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#7 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

View Postwanderer, on 11 September 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Urbies are ambush predators.

We love em for the same reason we love the Hetzer tanks. Cheap and effective, and Liao is master of the cheap shot.

And also the master of mass cheap production (but not on real-world China's quality standard, cause Liao means quality over quantity).

Would be great when Urbies are there to ruin their days of flanking around the spawn base in Assault mode.

PS: How about Po tanks?

#8 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

I just want 12v12 Urban beer Fridays.

#9 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

Urbanmech is nice, I'd like to play on it. With tonns of Lostech it will **** anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users