I Just Had A Horrible Idea = )

11 replies to this topic

#1 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

weapon recoil ,cockpit shake for attacking)

i didnt say it was a good idea

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:43 AM

It is not a good idea. Cockpit shake from incoming fire is already a health issue for some players. If you want to see what violent shake means when you fire, try Robocraft. I guarantee it would make many people sick really fast.

#3 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

That's actually an excellent and sorely needed idea, to prevent high alpha builds and nerf pinpoint damage. Firing 2 AC20s or Gauss Rifles should also cause knockdown due to such heavy recoil.

#4 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

This is the future, surely they have the tech to compensate for such recoils :D

#5 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

View Postmiliardo, on 11 September 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

This is the future, surely they have the tech to compensate for such recoils :D

http://www.sarna.net...geting_computer

"Targeting Computers are sophisticated pieces of electronics that, unlike normal targeting systems, physically help MechWarriors target their opponents. Recoil compensators and gyroscopic stabilizers are used to prevent normal weapon drift from factors such as recoil and movement while the computer accounts for atmospheric and other conditions to present an accurate "lead" on the target."

http://www.sarna.net...avy_Gauss_Rifle

"Indeed, the recoil from the weapon is so great that the rifle cannot be mounted in a vehicle's turret or 'Mech's arms, as firing the rifle would essentially rip it off. A 'Mech firing the rifle may even be knocked down by the recoil."

Edited by Loganauer, 11 September 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#6 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

maybe in this universe the recoiless inventor died in a car crash with the voice comms inventor and the technology was lost

#7 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostJTSR, on 11 September 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

um i don't know what weapons you have fired but recoil-less rifles have been around for a very long time let alone in this setting and energy weapons have very little or none so bit pointless unless you are just trying to nerf mechs.

recoil is used to move the breach backwards to eject casings and reload the next load so mmmm may be it should be implemented then you would have to manually actuate the loading mechanism like a bolt action rifle.

still wouldn't stop me hitting you with a twin AC20 as i would compensate for the movement during aiming and re assign the reload to the space bar as i don't use jump jets.

go ahead make my day :D LMAO

oh sorry did i forget to mention i'm ex defense force

A tank cannon is a bit different from a rifle. As are missiles. And a particle projector cannon.

#8 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

Gyroscope stabilizes recoil and minimizes cockpit shake.

#9 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostGorantir, on 11 September 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

maybe in this universe the recoiless inventor died in a car crash with the voice comms inventor and the technology was lost

Posted Image

#10 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:47 AM

They should had some recoil at least on the Gauss and the AC/20.

I will find this more reallistic! And we should have different "feeling" of recoil depending if the weapon is mounted in the arm or in the torso. And if a Double Gauss Jagger shoot the Gausses at the same time, he should fall on the ground!!

HA HA that should be fun =)

(I'm jocking for the Gauss jagger, of course)

#11 Kaos Amalgam

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHuntley

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Gauss can't have recoil. like it isn't possible based on how they work. real life Gauss lack recoil. It's basically throwing the bullet using an array of extremely powerful electromagnets.

#12 Leopardao

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostKaos Amalgam, on 16 September 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Gauss can't have recoil. like it isn't possible based on how they work. real life Gauss lack recoil. It's basically throwing the bullet using an array of extremely powerful electromagnets.

The people who added Gauss to BT had no idea what they were doing, even TT it is a broken weapon all around.

As for the topic

Don't agree with the Recoil cockpit shake, But wouldn't mind a little more rattling for immersion purposes.

Would like to see Accuracy drifting Recoil from firing to many / firing too long with Cannon weapons and by accuracy drifting I mean similar to firing a assault rifle in most fps games where you shoot in short bursts because the weapon becomes less accurate the longer you hold down the trigger. Would this help with the slower firing Gauss Rifle and AC/20 variants, no but it would interfere with using other weapons (if any).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users