#1 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 66th Avalon Hussars came to be when a couple of us were making fun of each other's poor play. What started as a small incident turned into a glorious friendship that expanded to a group of players who both enjoyed gaming and each others' company. Over time we've found more players who share the same fundamental idea: gaming should be fun.

Posted Image

"Even in death, there is no command but mine!" - Something we'll only say in jest.

We're here to play and have fun first and foremost. We're happy to work with you if you want to raise your game, or we're happy to play casually with a group of any size. That doesn't mean we won't be fielding a competitive unit at some point, but our plans through the end of 2014 remains to be a casual unit.

We're gamers. We like games, and not just this one. We're open to playing other games with you as well as MechWarrior: Online.

We have an organizational structure, loosely based on military ranks. As far as advancement goes, it depends wholly on your participation and willingness to help out. Let me be very clear on this: Your skill as a pilot does not affect the role you play in the unit's chain of command.

Thick skin is a necessity around here. We trash-talk each other in casual conversation a lot. Our friendships have developed in such a way that we're able to say pretty much whatever we want to each other and feelings are never hurt. We want you to feel that way too. This certainly doesn't excuse bad behavior; we expect you to be relatively nice to fellow gamers.

Unit Goal:
Make a fun environment for friendships to grow which employs friendship, fair play and the ability to cut loose on the internet when the time is right. We exist to share our ammo with you.

What are we looking for in a recruit?
Loyalty to the unit, a friendly attitude, and the desire to have a great time.

How Do I Get Started?
Send us correspondence either in-game, on the forums, or at recruits@66thAvalonHussars.com. Though we have our own TeamSpeak server (listed on our website), we call the AFFS server our home.

Recruitment Status:
OPEN

Recruitment Needs:
We're a short Regiment in need of new pilots to help us expand and hit targets in CW more effectively. Just message someone with a 66AH tag to join.

Unit Type:
Combined House Davion and Mercenary unit. We are Davion loyalists, 28 days at a time. This helps us to remain available in the event the House needs a unit to fight against the Clan front during a time in which our borders are interrupted by another House.

Unit Motto:
Shut up and take our ammo!

Lore Based Unit:
We began as the 22nd Avalon Hussars, however we've evolved into our own unit. Our own lore is being written every day.

Usually Online:
10 P.M. to 4 A.M. EST
(3 A.M. to 9 A.M. GMT)

Unit Website:
http://www.66thAvalonHussars.com

Edited by chaas, 05 April 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#2 LegioIV

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 33 posts
  • Location66th Avalon hussars.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

Just gonna give this a bump.

Hey fellow sons and daughters of the Federated Sun we need more pilots. We have about 10 so far and would love more people, even veteran players to fill our officer ranks. We don't play in a "You WILL follow my orders" but we are all ways open for ideas and opinions on the battlefield. think of it as A fast moving democracy. With com-warfare around the corner we need to step up and get ready to defend our nation!

We are also accepting any new player into the game!

- Legio_xx

Edited by Legioxx, 17 September 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#3 Grimbloodz

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:16 AM

Great Unit, glad i joined :)

#4 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

We finally ironed out some details (most of them user error on the part of yours truly) and the twitch stream is actually a thing now. Really you guys, there's content and stuff! Also, content will be available on our YouTube channel, in most cases shortly after the event.

I'm also planning on rolling out a significant revamp of the website, which started over the weekend and ... still isn't done. Can I just say that CSS is the WORST? I'm saying it. CSS is the WORST!

PS: Sorry for the constant level of me heavily breathing on the first video playlist. I uhh. Need to adjust some audio settings.

#5 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

You can see how friendly we are with this lovely video playlist! We're nice, guys. Honest!

#6 Kyle Seaton

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

Also we are active on Teamspeak and have a good time. We'll help you build your mechs and test new builds with you.

-Kyle

#7 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

Moved to recruitment section.

#8 Outcast1six

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEverywhere..........and Nowhere.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:26 AM

bump this **** up.

#9 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hey guys, we are openly recruiting right now. Anyone looking for a unit to compete in the CW aspect of the game should come hang out with us on our TS server. If you're looking for an invite, speak up.

#10 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

I've let this thread slide some, sorry about that.

We're vigilant as always in our desire to have fun. We shoot red guys with extreme prejudice. We also shoot each other for such petty things as animenerdmark not getting our multitude of star wars references because he's an unwashed heathen and .... I'm rambling again ... Anyway, the rest of the team killed me that game, so my uppance came.

We've re-involved ourselves in community warfare and we try to drop as a large group on Wednesday nights. We also drop as smaller groups and try to lead the pickup groups during the week, mostly during the day. We're active on our own teamspeak server, but if you see any of us on the AFFS server stop in to say hi, catch a game, or just chat. We're nice guys, and that's not just because our first battalion is named We Are Nice Guys (that's W.A.N.G. for short). Tragically, we find potty humor hilarious, and it's nigh impossible for us to take most things seriously.

Also, from time to time we offer tournaments among our ranks. We sponsored one in January, which saw a couple of KarmaKoin cards going to the victors. Thank LoneDragon for that one. Our next one is going to be a lance event, and I haven't really decided how it's going to work yet. There will be another cash-like award for it though, because we like to promote friendly competition.

So check us out, on the web, on the yahoo, twitter, facebook, g+, twitch. We're around on the internet. We are the internet. Just kidding. We are nice guys. Welcome to the 66th.

-chaas

#11 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

We're doing a Lance challenge in March, with Karma Koin prizes available to the winners. Eligibility dependent on membership.

#12 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

Interesting group, had a solid 12 man this Sunday night on House Davion TS. Props!

#13 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

i disagree. 66AH are pretty cool dudes :) im sorry you lose to base rushes

#14 LegioIV

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 33 posts
  • Location66th Avalon hussars.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

Thanks Stealth Raptor! Also Most of the guys in the 66th hate base rushing and prefer to brawl it out and Die in a blaze of Overheated mechs.. Then make fun of each others, our Officers dont really allow that kind of thing but I suppose anything is possible in a pug match though.

#15 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

Right I've had a quick look at your site and I like the look of you lot, but I have a few frikking questions.

I'm English so is there anybody for me to play with in my TZ or are you guys mostly yanks.

Do you rp or have any enforced military style nonsense, I'm not going to call you sir and act like your whipping dog over a video game. As for roll play, I think it should be kept in the bedroom.

#16 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostReaver2145, on 13 March 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

Right I've had a quick look at your site and I like the look of you lot, but I have a few frikking questions.

I'm English so is there anybody for me to play with in my TZ or are you guys mostly yanks.

Do you rp or have any enforced military style nonsense, I'm not going to call you sir and act like your whipping dog over a video game. As for roll play, I think it should be kept in the bedroom.

Hiya Reaver. We have a couple european players, however most of us play from the US and are active during the evening and late-night hours. Some of us are night owls and others are morning people. Generally speaking there's a level of activity throughout most of the day.

We do some mild RP, but it's mostly a level of sarcasm we're all used to. Filthy dracs and stuff like that. For the most part we're a bunch of sarcastic people who enjoy stompy robots. Thick skin and a sense of humor are important to us because we make fun of each other a lot while we play.

We have a loose military structure, but it's mostly there to help me identify which players are more active than others. It has very little to do with skill. If you call me "Sir," I might actually take a shot at you :P

Thanks for showing interest. Feel free to drop in on our Teamspeak server any time. We look forward to seeing you there.

#17 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

Made some updates to the OP to reflect current conditions.

#18 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

We drew a game against our friends in CGBI during the Battle of Tukkayid tonight. The famed unit fought bravely against us as we engaged them in a counter-strike. During our first wave, we managed to destroy the target MFB as well as defeat many of their Mechwarriors while taking minimal losses. Their CO ceded the battle to us, and we all agreed to make our 80 points for the challenge before settling in for a rousing round of single combat duels.

It was a favorable encounter with the Ghost Bear clan, one which we hope to build upon for a peaceful future.

The video may be found here.

Edited by chaas, 28 April 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#19 Outcast1six

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEverywhere..........and Nowhere.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

Currently 3rd in the Tukayyid event. With a solid base of players willing to help newer players enjoy the game more and learn to be competitive.

#20 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

We had a pretty successful Battle of Tukayyid event. Finished second in win% and fourth in total wins in House Davion. Charts are shown below.

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users