Thank You

12 replies to this topic

#1 Grimbrand

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationthe 'Verse

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

... for the apology, Nikolai. I know it could not have been easy. I'm disappointed that you did not participate in the discussion, instead of closing the thread, but I can understand your frustration.

I would like to point out that although there were a lot of people there to 'eat popcorn', watch the house burn, and a couple of trolls and white knights just there to add to the trouble, most of the posts were constructive. People still want to see MWO improve.

All of these Golds that haven't been on for a year or more didn't suddenly become bored in a day, and come just to make PGI miserable during a crisis. We are here because we still care about Mechwarrior. We are passionate about this game! And yes, most of us are mad as hell, but people don't get that way about something they could care less about.

The response you've seen should tell you just how much MWO matters to all of us.

I know that it must be hard for you to read many of our posts. It's bound to be uncomfortable to see exactly what we have to say, but I'm asking you, Nikolai, and the rest of you at PGI to please listen to the people upon whose money you have literally built your company. The ones who care.

Maybe this post will be tough for you to read too. You will probably moderate it. Delete it. Possibly ban me. My intention is not to stir up trouble, make people at PGI feel sad, or get anyone in trouble. Forget all the drama. I'm not here to gloat. I just want to see Mechwarrior Online finished, to see it shine, and be something more than a shallow deathmatch with mechs.

MWO belongs to PGI. You have the right to decide the fate of this game. You have the right to ignore every suggestion that people make on how you could improve balance, change things, make the game better. And you know what? Fine. It's your baby.

But at least follow through and finish the things you have been promising to do for years now in MWO before you spend more money making a space sim.

#2 Funbags

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

That wasn't an apology.

#3 Grimbrand

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationthe 'Verse

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

But he did utter the word "Sorry" in there, Funbags. It was better than most of the apologies we've gotten from PGI so far.

#4 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

Grimband You're taking a HUGE risk in giving them an apology letter to Niko and PGI. I commend you for standing by what you believe in. Just to forewarn you...You might get labeled as a collaborator and the rest might want to burn you at the stake. Itsok though. I'm getting burned alongside you.

#5 Grimbrand

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationthe 'Verse

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

*checks the color of his armor*

Not white yet, Domoneky. =)

There's a lot of good people still here, yourself included. I'm no "schill". I just wanted to keep it simple. It's not like they have to reinvent the wheel. How hard is it to do the things you say you will do?

#6 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Could be a number of things. I took a computer programming class a few months back. There are ALOT of moving parts making sure the coding and everything is right. Believe it or not it takes Microsoft a good year or so to set up a workable OS for the Market. And That's a big multibillion corporation.

As for he White Knight armor thing....Yes. I admit it. I White Knighted. I picked up that white sword and swung it around aimlessly like a crazed baboon but ya know what...It wasn't to protect PGI...it was to Protect the IP. MechWarrior ment so damn much to me. It still does. I dunno...maybe I did go off the handle with everyone so anxious to torch people for anything.

Worry Not...I'm going back to being Grey Council standing between candles and stars and keeping my mouth shut.

#7 Giverous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, I posted much the same kind of thing as this, but he moved it to oblivion as I was writing. They had that golden opportunity. I'm here because damn it, I STILL want to play the MW:O that I was promised all that time ago. MW was one of the first real games I ever loved on PC. I grew up with the games and the books.

I just want them to get it together and deliver the game that this could be.

#8 Hagoromo Gitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconic Combine, outscirts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostGrimbrand, on 11 September 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

MWO belongs to PGI. You have the right to decide the fate of this game. You have the right to ignore every suggestion that people make on how you could improve balance, change things, make the game better. And you know what? Fine. It's your baby.

But at least follow through and finish the things you have been promising to do for years now in MWO before you spend more money making a space sim.

Yap, MWO belongs to PGI and they got all rights... but we also have right, a right to step over a dead game body is some one is spoiling to the waste a such great idea as MWO with all it's potential... for some randy, crapy space sim which actually is not even close comparing to EVE or Homeworld.
How could PGI's community, development and financial management fail so badly such a great game!? How!? How dare they swop a great Battletech Universe for "no name Transverse"??? Who gonna keeps peoples promises widely spreaded by PGI?
Getting Niko fired is not enough... just not enough.

Posted Image

#9 Kazvall

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

I don't see how that was an apology, though?

#10 Omeda Zero

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

He's sorry that we took offense to his possible over moderation ...it seems like they've learned nothing and he's only sorry for his violation of reddit TOS

Edited by Omeda Zero, 11 September 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#11 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

https://www.reddit.c...nsverseTheGame/

#12 Grimbrand

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationthe 'Verse

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

One of the first rules of corporate spindoctoring is to never admit any wrongdoing directly.

That means that later, he can't be held accountable for saying "Sorry I screwed up", and no one can later point to his post to say "SEE!? You admit that you screwed up!" even though everyone can see that mistakes were made.

PGI doesn't understand that 'corporate spindoctoring' won't fix the problems they've got. Sincerity, transparency, and directness MIGHT help them out of the hole they're in, but I don't think they've got the guts to go that route.

#13 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

Niko expressly said he is sorry people that take offense to his actions exist, he did not in any way, shape, or form apologize for his actions, words, conduct, or tresspasses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users