#61 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 16 September 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

Hey everyone,

The design team has shared with me that we may be looking at a slight delay to these features. We will be now looking to include them in the first patch of October on the 7th. Thanks for standing by.

Really? We have to wait another two weeks now?!

Edited by Seraphic Law, 20 September 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#62 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 19 September 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

Wow! Grab some cover!
The only shaking that is so nasty is the streams of LRM's from Clan machines or multiple launch platforms firing concentrated LRM5's at you.
Try standing in front of a jager with 5 AC2's!!! That is what is known as Dakka!
Oh, there was no recourse except to attempt to flee. Forget about return fire.
AC2's and Lrms are fine the way they are.

Try firing the guns on a 5x AC/2 Jager in a string for anything longer than 5 seconds. That's right, you are now running at critical temperatures!

You are also confusing a statement of fact for a complaint. It's not. LRMs are not a problem. All I said was that AC/2s were far less effective at building a screen-shake machine than LRMs because they are.

Edit: forcing enemies to flee or take cover is also the entire raison d'être for both LRMs and an high-count AC/2 boat. It's called suppressing fire and it's a valid tool. Look it up.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 20 September 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#63 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Yes Yeonne I did read your post. And I answered it correctly. You seem to have forgotten what you wrote.
Suppression fire is something I practice with PPC's, AC's and dumbfired LRM's. Hitting your opponent is not suppression. It is hitting your opponent.

Cheers!

#64 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

Reading is not the same as comprehending. Your skills are atrophied in the latter department, not the former. Too much time spent on the internet, perhaps?

Suppression doesn't always mean missing your target. Suppression is anything that prevents the enemy from doing what he wants to do be it through actual damage or fear of getting damaged. LRMs provide suppression both by sounding a warning in the target's cockpit and through constant screen shake. AC's provide suppression by generating a constant, visible stream of fire or by exploding in your face.

But go ahead, keep trying to equate a 5x AC/2 Jager to the likes of a Rainmaker Catapult in utility. No, really, tell me more!

#65 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

Can we also see AC20/Medium Laser range modules set at 6m per level like SRM's?

So much nicer having a clean 300m max range rather than 297m at level 5.

Edited by MisterPlanetarian, 20 September 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#66 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 20 September 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

Reading is not the same as comprehending. Your skills are atrophied in the latter department, not the former. Too much time spent on the internet, perhaps?

Suppression doesn't always mean missing your target. Suppression is anything that prevents the enemy from doing what he wants to do be it through actual damage or fear of getting damaged. LRMs provide suppression both by sounding a warning in the target's cockpit and through constant screen shake. AC's provide suppression by generating a constant, visible stream of fire or by exploding in your face.

But go ahead, keep trying to equate a 5x AC/2 Jager to the likes of a Rainmaker Catapult in utility. No, really, tell me more!

Dodge and weave Yeonne, dodge and weave...try practicing it on the battlefield where it counts! Not in the forums.
If you did LRM's wouldn't trouble you so much.

Edited by Gorgo7, 20 September 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#67 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:32 AM

lrms are water off a ducks back, old ac2 shake is like being hit with 5 pound blocks of ice in a hail storm by comparison.

I didn't say it was a good decision or that I supported it though, just stating the facts. strike that up to reading comprehension :P

simple solution, reduce the impulse on ac2's. with impulse gone they don't need the cooldown nerfs or heat penalties since it was never about DPS in the first place.

#68 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

This creates a bit of a..... anoyance with ppcs and gauss rifles... and all those other big weapons.

Heres a story, I was in cover near a double gauss/double ppc dire wolf, he fired all his weapons at me and missed. This was my queue to pop out of cover and take a shot, when I did, he fired a full volley again.... and killed me. I couldnt quite wrap my head around how quickly his weapons cooled down. The Modules and the cooldown profiency are responsible im assuming.

Its just.... I mean wtf, what are you supposed to do against something like that?

#69 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 11 September 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Hey Folks,

We have received a lot of feedback concerning that not all weapons get the treatment of the weapon modules. After sitting down and discussing the topic, we decided to change this situation. All weapons applicable for a range module will receive such. This also applies to the cooldown modules with one exception on each faction. The Inner Sphere AC/5 as well as the Clan UAC/5 cannot receive a cooldown module as a reduction of the cooldown effect would bring the weapon below chain fire speeds and therefore would incur heat scale.

We are aiming for an release of these modules on September 23rd Edit: October 7th

The extra two week wait is total BS! By the way, didn't you say the Clan U/AC5 and IS AC5 wouldn't receive cooldown modules? Well guess what? They are in game right now. Where are the other weapons LBXs/ACs?!

Edited by Seraphic Law, 23 September 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#70 Koda Shy

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationTriPoint-Kapenja

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

this may be a silly question, but, why doesn't the regular clan AC 5/10/20 have modules? im just wondering, maybe im the only one that doesn't use the ultras all that much.

#71 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostGigliowanananacom, on 22 September 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

This creates a bit of a..... anoyance with ppcs and gauss rifles... and all those other big weapons.

Heres a story, I was in cover near a double gauss/double ppc dire wolf, he fired all his weapons at me and missed. This was my queue to pop out of cover and take a shot, when I did, he fired a full volley again.... and killed me. I couldnt quite wrap my head around how quickly his weapons cooled down. The Modules and the cooldown profiency are responsible im assuming.

Its just.... I mean wtf, what are you supposed to do against something like that?

Flank Left or Right through Cover? ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 02 October 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#72 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostSeraphic Law, on 23 September 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

The extra two week wait is total BS! By the way, didn't you say the Clan U/AC5 and IS AC5 wouldn't receive cooldown modules? Well guess what? They are in game right now. Where are the other weapons LBXs/ACs?!

Dude, you really need to get out of your basement more. The darkness your living in is obviously starting to affect your grasp on reality. Holy smokes dude.

#73 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostSeraphic Law, on 19 September 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Really? We have to wait another two weeks now?!

With all they have coming up, the delay is just fine... Plenty to do till then... No one single missing module is going to kill you.

#74 decrepit90

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:50 AM

View PostRedinator79, on 13 September 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

I use LRM10+ART and LRM15+ART on a fully mastered IS-Mech. I fitted a LRM15 cooldown stage 5 module but can't notice any difference. If my calculation is right the LRM15 and LRM10 should have about the same cooldown rate now (LRM15 4.25sec - 12% = 3.74sec / LRM10 3.75sec).
Does the cooldown module not work for LRM+ART or does it not work at all?

i did a check and found a disadvantage..

with 3 lrm15 chainfiring untill they overheated

i got 9x3rounds 38secs without cooldown
with cooldown i got 8x3 rounds in 34secs , ie seems same rate per round but shorter time before shutdown
so took off the cooldown module in favour of ams boost (which i cant test but hope works)

#75 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:01 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 02 October 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

Dude, you really need to get out of your basement more. The darkness your living in is obviously starting to affect your grasp on reality. Holy smokes dude.

First: Nice personal attack except I don't live in a basement.
Second: If you know where I live, why don't you come visit?

Third: Clan range/cooldown weapon modules were added a month ago with about 25% of them left out for some unknown reason. Now the PGI staff member said they would be added in two weeks time, but just before the following updated two weeks later, they were delayed another two weeks. So a total of a month now. My point is most of the mechs I use run with weapons that still do not have upgrade modules while I am having to go up against other mechs with fully upgraded weapon modules - I.E Other mecs with PPC/Gauss Cooldown.

Edited by Seraphic Law, 04 October 2014 - 05:04 AM.

#76 Hardes13

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

I would like a min range reducing modul for the standard ppc...

#77 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostHardes13, on 05 October 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

I would like a min range reducing modul for the standard ppc...

Now that would be a keeper! Totally agree.

#78 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 15 September 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

AC2 Cooldown is 0.72s so i dont know how a 12% reduction will affect 0.5s Ghost Heat?
The Cooldownwould still be >0.6s for the AC2 and should not affect Ghost Heat...or has GH changed?

Factor in the "fast fire" mech efficency and there you go I guess...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users